Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default When you look at Ricky Burns' K.O% you would think he couldn't K.O a fly, so..?

So, do you think his K.O% reflects his true power or not?
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3208
Default Re: When you look at Ricky Burns' K.O% you would think he couldn't K.O a fly, so..?

No, but he sure as hell isn't a powerpuncher either.
Robney is online now  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412
Default Re: When you look at Ricky Burns' K.O% you would think he couldn't K.O a fly, so..?

Mitchell just has no chin
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

i think Billy has changed a fair bit in him including how he delivers the punch but he also fought a lot of tough journey who now how to get to the end of fights think he Billy and earnie smith and al hamadi all 2 times each
Robert is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Jonny5-9
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Countdown until Billy comes into this thread and tells us he is the hardest hitting puncher ever in 5, 4, 3 . . . . ..
Jonny5-9 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I reckon his power is underated! he's a combo puncher and the first one might not hurt too much but the 2nd and 3rd will! and over 12 rounds his overall strength ans stamina wins.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He might be benefitting from not having to boil down as much,but I'll tell you this much,his jab is one of the most underrated weapons in boxing right now.
I think the power depends on whether he has to fight on the back foot or not.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

He hits hard... Some pretty impressive stoppage wins and you rarely see him going through a fight without rocking his opponent it's more his approach that leads to longer fights
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #9
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I think his patience has a lot to do with it. It might seem an obvious point but he doesn't really throw a lot of punches where he's intending to take the guy out. Nearly all the times he hurts or stops somebody it just comes as a natural consequence.

I think he punches a bit harder than his record would suggest but punch for punch he isn't a puncher at lightweight. I think he mixes in the odd harder shot with a lot of stuff that isn't all that powerful, just stinging.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Jeff when you fought him what did you thinlk about his talent , are his arms as long as they look on the tv and can you see a massive differrence from his style since he went to train with Billy Nelson
Robert is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Billy gonna whip your ass!
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #12
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Definitely doesn't do him justice
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #13
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Jeff when you fought him what did you thinlk about his talent , are his arms as long as they look on the tv and can you see a massive differrence from his style since he went to train with Billy Nelson
Cant you answer that yourself Robert?
Hes went from losing the British title twice, to an undefeated commonwealth and two weight world champion since hes changed his style,self explanitory really isnt it robert
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #14
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He's a really big lad there was nothing between us size wise when I was 10stone and I was big for the weight... How he got to 9/4 ill never know.

I think he's changed a lot since the early days, he's matured and I've never seen anyone graft like him in the gym. Billy's done a great job bringing him back- that's not to say his original gym has nothing to with his success - they set the foundations but sometimes a change is as good as a rest and the change to Billy Nelson proved a great move for him.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #15
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think it's a combo of becoming a man, getting man strength, and just sitting down on his punches a bit. He has good power, certainly not monster puncher, but if he hits you enough times, which he could, you would be in trouble
Top Dog is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum