Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #16
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali’s a nobody – Haye

I like Haye a lot, but with his particular limitations he was never going to be a HoF-worthy. His career has been built on smash and grab, not pugilistic glory (whatever he says). He won the unified CW championship in so few fights and nearly immediately went to heavy.

He wasn't ever interested in building a legacy, really, just in getting some big money fights and getting out with his faculties intact.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #17
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Vitali's recored speaks for itself, KO%, rounds won, never down. His stats are as good as anyobody that ever entered a ring. If Vitali destroyed Haye like he has other guys it would not add anything to his resume.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #18
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
Vitali's recored speaks for itself, KO%, rounds won, never down. His stats are as good as anyobody that ever entered a ring. If Vitali destroyed Haye like he has other guys it would not add anything to his resume.
It's easy to amass that sort of stat when you're battering bottom feeders.

Vitali is significantly average historically, and he largely lives off of the performance against Lewis - his brother's the pedigree.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
Alien
Chin Scholar
ESB Addict

Quote:
“He’s had 50 fights against nobodies. The only fight of his that people remember is the one against Lennox Lewis — which he lost.
True.
Alien is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #20
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

dont really see Vitali beating Haye does anything for his legacy is not as if his run of HW wins at championship level stand him out from the rest he beat Valuev whom an ancient Hollyfield was robbed against, John ruiz and Audley Harrison before barely winning a round against Vladimir
Robert is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #21
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Haye said yesterday he wouldn't fight Fury or Price because they would be paper champions and wouldn't beaten the man (Vitali) yet he fought Valuev who was handed really wasn't the WBA Champion if he wants to look at things as paper champions etc.

He's not about legacy, he wants Vitali for money and also chance to get one back over the brothers.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #22
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Haye just really irritates me. True, Vitali Klitschko won't go down as on the greatest heavyweight champions due to the opposition he's faced but who does Haye think he is calling Klitschko a nobody? If Vitali's a nobody then what does that make a Haye? An attention-seeking media *****, that's what.

Ever since he beat Valuev for WBA title all he's been interested in is the money and fame. Not the great legacy or respect of fans and peers. Haye's legacy is the fact that he gave it all the big talk and hype about how he was going to destroy Wladimir yet when the fight came he ran like a coward and whined like a girl about his toe afterwards. That's all people remember him for. As a bloke who failed miserably to back up his words.

He's in no position to **** on others about how their careers be remembered.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #23
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Haye just really irritates me. True, Vitali Klitschko won't go down as on the greatest heavyweight champions due to the opposition he's faced but who does Haye think he is calling Klitschko a nobody? If Vitali's a nobody then what does that make a Haye? An attention-seeking media *****, that's what.

Ever since he beat Valuev for WBA title all he's been interested in is the money and fame. Not the great legacy or respect of fans and peers. Haye's legacy is the fact that he gave it all the big talk and hype about how he was going to destroy Wladimir yet when the fight came he ran like a coward and whined like a girl about his toe afterwards. That's all people remember him for. As a bloke who failed miserably to back up his words.

He's in no position to **** on others about how their careers be remembered.
Haye didn't actually say that.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #24
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Haye didn't actually say that.
Well that's the message he's trying to get across to people. Why Haye believes Vitali needs him more than he needs Vitali is mind-boggling to me. Amir Khan levels of delusion.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Well that's the message he's trying to get across to people. Why Haye believes Vitali needs him more than he needs Vitali is mind-boggling to me. Amir Khan levels of delusion.
Yes, you're right, Haye's never shown a willingness to talk *******s to get a fight made...

That's not the message he's trying to get across at all, unless you want to turn it into that.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Vitali retires it's almost a racing certainty that Haye would come back to fight for a belt, likely the WBC to avoid an rematch with Wlad. Can't see Haye sitting on the sidelines retired watching guys a level below him (Wlad and maybe Pulev excepted) fighting for the WBC belt.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Regardless of your thoughts on Haye, on paper he has arguably the highest set of achievements of anyone Vitali has fought (except Lewis).

Note the words "on paper" and "arguably".

Thats worthy of a fight, surely?
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I like Haye a lot, but with his particular limitations he was never going to be a HoF-worthy. His career has been built on smash and grab, not pugilistic glory (whatever he says). He won the unified CW championship in so few fights and nearly immediately went to heavy.

He wasn't ever interested in building a legacy, really, just in getting some big money fights and getting out with his faculties intact.
I would have to agree with that.

Very calculated with his moves and fights, but from the start that was his plan with Adam Booth. To get the most out of the game, with his health intact, with the least amount of fights.

David Haye is a great fighter, i disagree with you stating he is limited. He's the most talented fighter we have had since Lennox Lewis & Joe Calzaghe. But the difference is with David Haye and those guys..? He's not a champion, does not have the champions honour in my opinion.

He's not bothered about making title defences, and taking on all comers. He only cares about two things....

1. Money.
2. Profile of the fight.

Now that David Haye thinks he has made it to that elite status, where rankings no longer matter, or belts no longer matter. He thinks he can make demands because of who he is..?

I believe this is a mistake, and this attitude could backfire, and maybe already is back firing.

There's fighters out there fighting, tooth and nail! for the honour to fight for the championship of the world. There's two British fighters in David Price & Tyson Fury, fighting guys regularly slowly claiming up the rankings! slowly growing with the public!

David Haye needs to understand that he may no longer be able to sit back and make demands, and get by on his C-class celebrity status.

Sport was once described as a civilised war!

And next year..? things are about to get allot more serious.

"I have predicted that they are all on collision course, but i honestly don't think David Haye wants any part of it"....
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #29
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Haye has had about 25 fights against nobodies and when he stepped up to fight a good fighter he lost every round
Squire is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #30
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I suspect Haye wouldn't risk his chin vs Price or Fury because it wouldn't be a ppv bonanza, he's not a warrior like Vitali.
On The Money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum