Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Martinm778
Mcginley

vCash: 500
Default Bareknuckle fight

Ok so i'm fighting this guy in a few weeks in a bareknuckle fight. I am 5'9 170lbs , he outweighs me by 60 pounds and is at least 4-5 inches taller. He is a typical streetfighter with no punching technique, he swings wild hooks and that is his only choice of punches. His idea of getting fit for a fight is to jog on a treadmill for 20 minutes a day and to "bench press heavier to make the punches faster and stronger". I am no Muhammed Ali myself but I've been in boxing a few months now and i'm sure i can beat him on technique and i will also be fitter, i'm doing bagwork groundwork skipping and roadwork 5 days a week. What would your advice be ? Should i use body punches to beat him ? And there will be two referees for the fight so it will be strictly punching only.
Martinm778 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
SugarRayRobin
Journeyman

vCash: 1055
Default Re: Bareknuckle fight

Make sure you fight with a full guard, covering face and chin at all times. Be moving either your head or your feet, never still! Left hook to the liver would put him down if he's not a fighter but tip of the chin is a better point.

Don't streetfight! Anything can happen! Most dangerous time is when your skull hits solid tarmac from almost 6 feet high!
SugarRayRobin is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Martinm778
Mcginley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRayRobin View Post
Make sure you fight with a full guard, covering face and chin at all times. Be moving either your head or your feet, never still! Left hook to the liver would put him down if he's not a fighter but tip of the chin is a better point.

Don't streetfight! Anything can happen! Most dangerous time is when your skull hits solid tarmac from almost 6 feet high!
Thanks for the advice mate, I'll keep that in mind. Where should i aim for the liver shot ? .
Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
DeadlyOverhand
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You have to be careful what you hit, avoid the forehead and mouth. Your liver is on your right side of the body so try to hit around that area.
DeadlyOverhand is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Martinm778
Mcginley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyOverhand View Post
You have to be careful what you hit, avoid the forehead and mouth. Your liver is on your right side of the body so try to hit around that area.
When you say to avoid the forehead and mouth is that for my safety or my opponents ? Because i really don't care what damage i do to him, if i break his jaw then that's his problem. But thanks for the advice, I'll give that liver shot a go.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

How is this being organized? doesn't sound sanctioned by any means. i'd be careful if i were you dont get hurt in some stupid glorified street fight. however if you do choose compete practice bobbing under his haymakers bending at the knees while looking at him the whole time. I'd beat his body up targeting aforementioned the liver (left hook to the body) solar plexus you can hit with a cross or a uppercut on the inside. Jab the body hard too. When he's tuckered out or you've hurt him bad enough then go upstairs
Ricky42791 is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Martinm778
Mcginley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky42791 View Post
How is this being organized? doesn't sound sanctioned by any means. i'd be careful if i were you dont get hurt in some stupid glorified street fight. however if you do choose compete practice bobbing under his haymakers bending at the knees while looking at him the whole time. I'd beat his body up targeting aforementioned the liver (left hook to the body) solar plexus you can hit with a cross or a uppercut on the inside. Jab the body hard too. When he's tuckered out or you've hurt him bad enough then go upstairs
It's going to be two of us fighting in a car park with two referees to stop any fouls or rule breaking from happening. There will be no rounds, just fight on to the finish until someone gives up and admits defeat. Thanks for your advice man, I'll make sure to remember it on the day of the fight.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRayRobin View Post

this man speaks the truth!

mr cement was one tough fella, my split chin cracked tooth and broken jaw can testify to that! street fight only when absolutely neccessary i say. but like aready stated, keep those hands up.
death is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
DeadlyOverhand
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm778 View Post
When you say to avoid the forehead and mouth is that for my safety or my opponents ? Because i really don't care what damage i do to him, if i break his jaw then that's his problem. But thanks for the advice, I'll give that liver shot a go.
For your safety, Forehead is the thickest part of your skull and you'll most likely break your hands; now if you hit the mouth you might run the risk of the hitting his teeth and getting your hands cut.

Other than that the guy above me said it perfect keep moving and pick your shots, attack the body first. Record it so you can study.
DeadlyOverhand is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #10
pinstriper
Journeyman

Keep moving until the fat cunt wears out, should only take a minute or so. Mouth off at him to keep him fired up and loading up on his punches, try and stay relaxed and remember fast hands and fast feet. Power will come with speed but speed will not come with power. When he tires, step in and let him have it, don't try and be the big man by standing toe to toe.
pinstriper is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
this man speaks the truth!

mr cement was one tough fella, my split chin cracked tooth and broken jaw can testify to that! street fight only when absolutely neccessary i say. but like aready stated, keep those hands up.
Strong name to thread outcome ratio.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If the guy is as crude a fighter as you are describing, he may try to bullrush you. Sidestep him and pot shot him as he goes past you by either pivoting on your lead foot and throwing a left or pivoting on your back foot and smacking him with a right if you fight in a conventional stance or the opposite if a southpaw.

Another thing I liked to do was toss a few jabs to see how my opponent reacted. A few times they would follow my jab with one of their own. If he does this, toss out a few jabs then feint one and when he tosses his out, duck under and shoot a hard right to the solar plexus. I've dropped a couple guys with this and they don't get up fast. It's pretty much fight over if you knock the wind out of an opponent.

Liver shots with hooks are great punches and the advice about avoiding the forehead and mouth is right on, especially bareknuckled. If you cut your hands on his teeth there is a very good chance you will get a pretty nasty infection in your hands that will take a good bit of time and cost to get rid of.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Don't try anything tricky if you're not a fighter. Straight, hard punches timed as he comes in.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
Fellonblackdays
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 462

Use defence as your offense, most likely this chump will get mad and frustrated and swing wildly. He will come towards you, let him do this back away move your head and spin him try and hit the liver hard. He won't exhale when hit to the body probably end up incapacitated. This guy isn't trained you are. Never get people who fear untrained bums.
Fellonblackdays is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

i would suggest using uppercuts and short hooks to the ear.Since he will have 60 pounds advantage use you speed and move.
pecho26 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing