Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #31
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1141
Default Re: Rees vs Burns should be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
You've probably noticed that there have been threads around here saying that very same thing, because Burns HAS called for the big fights, but like PityTheFool and said so often, Ricky will not go against Alex Morrison because Morrison has stuck by him when everyone else dismissed him. But it seems like Morrison, not Frank, not Ricky, is the one who does not want this fight.

And he actually stated at the Walsh pre-fight press conference that the things people were saying about him in regards to the fight were unflattering, and you could see it bothered him to the core. He looked like a man ready to explode as he talked up Liam Walsh while inside he's dying for a big fight
Exactly so he knows that if he goes against Morrison then he will likely get the big fights, yes Morrison has offered him a lot but boxing is a short business and if he truly wants the fight then he should just stand up to Morrison.

To me he didn't seem that bothered by the fight IMO, he to me seems to nice to actually push people. Lack of confidence is never good in boxing
Special is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #32
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
Exactly so he knows that if he goes against Morrison then he will likely get the big fights, yes Morrison has offered him a lot but boxing is a short business and if he truly wants the fight then he should just stand up to Morrison.

To me he didn't seem that bothered by the fight IMO, he to me seems to nice to actually push people. Lack of confidence is never good in boxing
I edited..

I wouldn't say it's a lack of confidence, that's one thing he sure doesn't lack as you can see from his career history, it's loyalty, he has too much loyalty

in fact, the man who should be accused of a lack of confidence in Ricky is the man who should know best of all what he's capable of, Alex Morrison

In fact, Burns reminds a little bit of Sergio Martinez (yes I said it) in that he has simply started to fulfill what was always obvious potential, I think Ricky should be let off the leash, and he's capable of great things.

But..ahh... it's all good in theory
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #33
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1141

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
I edited..

I wouldn't say it's a lack of confidence, that's one thing he sure doesn't lack as you can see from his career history, it's loyalty, he has too much loyalty

in fact, the man who should be accused of a lack of confidence in Ricky is the man who should know best of all what he's capable of, Alex Morrison

In fact, Burns reminds a little bit of Sergio Martinez (yes I said it) in that he has simply started to fulfill what was always obvious potential, I think Ricky should be let off the leash, and he's capable of great things.

But..ahh... it's all good in theory
I think he does lack confidence not in himself but in challenging others, but I agree he has far too much loyalty.

I don't think Burns has Martinez potential or anything like that, in fact I think he has just about peaked at this level
Special is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #34
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
I think he does lack confidence not in himself but in challenging others, but I agree he has far too much loyalty.

I don't think Burns has Martinez potential or anything like that, in fact I think he has just about peaked at this level
Not what I meant when I compared him to Martinez, I'm not saying he'll go 50-2 or anything, but now that you mention it, Martinez was still pretty well under-rated even when he had a a better win-loss ratio than Burns
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #35
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

If boxers were as loyal and dedicated like Ricky Burns it would be great everyday walking in the gym,the man is a complete pro and athelete.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #36
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
If boxers were as loyal and dedicated like Ricky Burns it would be great everyday walking in the gym,the man is a complete pro and athelete.
But decent fights wouldn't be made if everyone was like Ricky.

Give me a gobshite who's willing to test himself against the best over a nice guy who isn't any day of the week.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Give me a gobshite who's willing to test himself against the best over a nice guy who isn't any day of the week.
Gobshites are ten a penny
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #38
lefthook82
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Is he even fighting in January?
lefthook82 is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum