"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Ricky's missed nothing mate
I politely disagree.

However as you are part of Ricky's inner circle, Perhaps you can explain why Burns is not fighting Broner next?
macho_grande is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #77
Jonny5-9
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
That's the thing I don't get, the timescale?? His fight was cancelled so he is fit? So what is it??
It's a . . . . . . . . . . DUCK!!!
Jonny5-9 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #78
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

@ Billy Nelson: As people have already eluded to earlier, life is all about taking your chances. And none more so than in sport.

Look at Jossito Lopez. He took his chance against Ortiz, & then had a nice pay day against Canelo. It doesn't matter that he got battered Alverez, he showed plenty of hearts and guts, & he'll get rewarded for that.. (Probably against Khan)

Look at Jorge Silva. I'd never heard of him before he faced Angulo, but he put up such a good fight, you know GBP will use him again.

Burns had a chance to go to America, and take on the next big thing & he blew it. I hope he gets another chance I really do, but if he doesn't? He only has himself to blame.

Broner could quite easily move up in weight after Rees, so why risk missing out? Billy has told us time and time again that Burns will beat Broner so why they've passed up in this offer staggers me.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #79
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Why not make Burns vs. Vazquez? well i know why, it would be just as tough as a Broner fight, if not tougher and the money wouldn't be great, but that would be a big scalp for Burns if he won. He could then go into a Broner fight with more muscle on the negotiating table as the number 1 in the division.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #80
Let's Boogie!
"Smooth Operator"
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2745

Great chance for Rees, I think he'll lose on points but give a good account and it wouldn't surprise me if burns fights Rees afterwards instead of broner, I just have this sneaky feeling.

Rees vs murray or Mitchell would be fun.
Let's Boogie! is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #81
Dicky Anderson
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

People comparing Burns to josesito Lopez and Gavin Rees and urging him to 'take his chances' are missing the key point: ricky is a world champion. Broner isn't the be all and end all. There will be plenty of opportunities for him in the next few years. it seems logical to me that burns and broner will have stay busy fights in January and February respectively and meet later in the year, hopefully on the may 4th undercard as has been rumoured. If broner decides to face someone else or move up to 140 I'll be as disappointed as anyone, but so be it. Broner isn't a superstar yet. There will be other big fights out there, they could even meet at a higher weight class in the future
Dicky Anderson is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #82
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Anderson View Post
People comparing Burns to josesito Lopez and Gavin Rees and urging him to 'take his chances' are missing the key point: ricky is a world champion. Broner isn't the be all and end all. There will be plenty of opportunities for him in the next few years. it seems logical to me that burns and broner will have stay busy fights in January and February respectively and meet later in the year, hopefully on the may 4th undercard as has been rumoured. If broner decides to face someone else or move up to 140 I'll be as disappointed as anyone, but so be it. Broner isn't a superstar yet. There will be other big fights out there, they could even meet at a higher weight class in the future
If Burns takes this approach, he'll never be in big money fights
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #83
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1807

Mismatch
RoughD is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #84
calumbo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The man that cant be named clearly does not want to take the risk of Burns getting beaten and losing one of his world champs.
Being Scottish I am a big Burns fan but the fans will only take so many average opponents before they turn off. If his next fight is Walsh its an absolute disgrace!
calumbo is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #85
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
@ Billy Nelson: As people have already eluded to earlier, life is all about taking your chances. And none more so than in sport.

Look at Jossito Lopez. He took his chance against Ortiz, & then had a nice pay day against Canelo. It doesn't matter that he got battered Alverez, he showed plenty of hearts and guts, & he'll get rewarded for that.. (Probably against Khan)

Look at Jorge Silva. I'd never heard of him before he faced Angulo, but he put up such a good fight, you know GBP will use him again.

Burns had a chance to go to America, and take on the next big thing & he blew it. I hope he gets another chance I really do, but if he doesn't? He only has himself to blame.

Broner could quite easily move up in weight after Rees, so why risk missing out? Billy has told us time and time again that Burns will beat Broner so why they've passed up in this offer staggers me.
Life is about taking chance yes but boxing is about fighting someone at the right time for you not the opponent.
Ricky will 100% fight Broner and will beat him mark my words
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #86
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Anderson View Post
dicky you are wasted on here!well said!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #87
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Burns ducked Broner....AGAIN. It cannot be denied.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #88
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The burns camp will seriously regret this. Guarenteed.

What are you holding out for? A big Broner fight outdoor in Hampden or somewhere in the summer? It isn't going to happen.

This was your chance and you didn't take it. It won't come back around. Broner will be up and away. After all...who the **** is Ricky Burns to them?

What a foolish foolish ill advised move. All the best to Gavin Rees i bet he can't believe his luck!
oli is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #89
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The burns camp ducked the fight and in my opinion it was a cowardly and pathetic move. Burns knows broner would destroy him imo
lirva is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #90
IvanDrago
Journeyman

Ricky Burns is a coward and a ***** for not taking it. Regardless of people around him, if the fighter is confident that he belongs with the best he would TELL his people to make the fight.

Absolute joke, and I suspect he'll fight another chump to help \/\/arren to maintain his stable holding onto a World Champ. Luckily the people know better.
IvanDrago is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum