Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #91
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Even though I think it's shit that Burns wouldn't take the fight & it's an unbelievably stupid business move

I'd never ever call a professional fighter a coward
tmsbry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #92
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

What he is doing is cowardly though is it not?
lirva is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #93
tmsbry
ESB Addict

No, there's reasons he won't fight that we don't know, maybe his dogs died or he's a meticulous trainer & wants to 100% fit & ready for what'll be the biggest fight of his life so far,

I agree though he should've took the fight, cos I can see broner fighting a marquee name in may & never look back at burns again
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #94
AudleysBigRight
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Life is about taking chance yes but boxing is about fighting someone at the right time for you not the opponent.
Ricky will 100% fight Broner and will beat him mark my words
That is the one phrase that annoys me more than anything... "Right fight at right time"... It stops great fights from happening and should be translated as "I won't fight the guy when he has a chance if beating me"
AudleysBigRight is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #95
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing79 View Post
Billy both you Ricky and big Alex alongside fisheyes are doing nothing more than bleeding good loyal fans dry putting on shows packing in crowds to see second rate pish WBO Ranked punchbags. ****ing Disgrace. I usually go ringside circa 150/200 tickets but sorry no more its a ****in farse
This is a key point made, its the fans that suffer, again I won't comment too much until I hear the next opponent announcement but if it's not world class then the paying public have a right to be pissed.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #96
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

Get in good luck to Gavin Rees.

Doesn't really matter if the Burns camp is actualy ducking or not this doesn't look good and taking on anybody next that isn't 100 percent genuine world class is going to start turning away even the most loyal fans.
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #97
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Anderson View Post
People comparing Burns to josesito Lopez and Gavin Rees and urging him to 'take his chances' are missing the key point: ricky is a world champion. Broner isn't the be all and end all. There will be plenty of opportunities for him in the next few years. it seems logical to me that burns and broner will have stay busy fights in January and February respectively and meet later in the year, hopefully on the may 4th undercard as has been rumoured. If broner decides to face someone else or move up to 140 I'll be as disappointed as anyone, but so be it. Broner isn't a superstar yet. There will be other big fights out there, they could even meet at a higher weight class in the future
Ricky is "world champion" yet he has never faced the best in the world and this is the reality.

Broner would beat ricky and rees in the same night and we all know it, and ricky doesnt want to lose the "worlds championship"
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #98
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Its a good fight for Rees because after he loses he can still have big fights with Mitchell, Murray & Burns and Broner will move up so a win there he is back in the title picture.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #99
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Assuming it will happen, I said the Abril fight wouldn't happen, and they said I was a bitter Broner hater...(Dare I say Broner ducked Abril?!...No, I dare not, I just think Broners lucky that fight never happened)

Let's just wait and see before we speculate, and btw, Rees beating Broner won't be an upset to me, let's just say that
Speculate what?.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #100
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lets get one thing straight, firstly I dont believe Ricky Burns is ducking the fight, even if he did, he wouldnt say that in the media, he is going to say he wants the Broner fight to look strong. However, I do reckon his promotional team dont want this fight, unless until it is absolutely inevitable and doesn't damage Ricky in any way shape or form afterwards, for this to happen, the have to wait, They are playing the waiting game. Otherwise Ricky Burns vs. Adrien Broner in Feb would have been made, no problem. IMO they know Adrien Broner aint sticking around, he could move up at any time, he doesnt NEED Ricky Burns, Ricky Burns needs Adrien Broner. I reckon Ricky's team know that there is a good chance that WBC is going to be vacated, and Ricky wont have to fight Broner for it.

I personally dont think FWP have any faith that Ricky can go over to the US and do Broner. If they did, this fight would have been done and dusted. The fact that it isnt, Ricky is still being held domestically, and Gavin Rees has got the Broner fight ahead of him, tells me they are reluctant to fight Broner. However, if they were somehow to get it on their terms, with the fight in Scotland, they'd be willing to make the fight tomorrow, not that means the result changes, it just gives Broner more of a hostile environment and Ricky a slightly better chance.

The fact is, Adrien Broner and his team aint coming here, and they aint ducking no one, Broner has called Ricky Burns out god knows how many times, Ricky has spoken of Broner in numerours interviews, yet its Burns camp that are holding the fight up, for whatever reason.

Waste of time asking Billy Nelson as he wont go that deep, which is understandable. He needs to keep his fighter in good health thats his job, he wont go into detail about this stuff. People have asked pressing questions, that go ignored. So asking him why this fight aint happening in Feb, is pointless. He gets paid to train the fighter, not make the fights. He's probably as clueless as Ricky at this moment in time.

Ricky needs to get out, his career is on the line, he is stagnating domestically holding the WBO. He needs this "arrival" fight with Broner, win or lose, it does him good.....but his team are reluctant to make the fight. I had my doubts, but now even I think it is pretty obvious they dont want none. Not yet anyway.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #101
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Just to clarify the Richard Abril people that people mentioned is the same Abril who lost to Breidis Prescott? Drawn against a lesser known fighter and lost to Hank Lundy?.

Abril's a pretty decent fighter but hardly a fighter to be scared of just cos he dealt with Brandon Rios who's not exactly a artist in the ring. As Ishy said he's still down to fight Bogere at some point, Broner vs Rees is a okay fight after beating Demarco who wasn't great but seems to get crapped on cos Broner dismantled him.

Gotta give credit where it's due, to many double standards.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #102
tmsbry
ESB Addict

Billy Nelson said already Ricky himself didn't want the fight Feb against Broner
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #103
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Broner still keeps talking shit about Burns for a reason, to hype up their fight thats going to happen probably in May. The constant trash talking of Burns and even this Rees fight makes me more confident Burns and Broner are going to fight in May.
Broner was interviewed just yesterday saying shit like ''Im not leaving 135 untill that ducker Burns fights me, im gona clean the division before i leave, Burns is the one i want, im impatient'' etc etc.
If i was Burns i would rather fight Broner on the undercard of the big Mayweather fight in May anyway, much more exposure and a much bigger crowd. **** Feb and **** all you impatient nobs.
This fight is defo going to happen so calm down folks. I hope Rees can put a spanner in the works tho.
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #104
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

My understanding is that HBO just called Eddie Hearn asking if Rees would fancy the job if they couldn't get a opponent for Broner.

If the fight doesn't happen in May then i think all eyes will look to Burns and his team and rightly so. No more excuses can be used but for now we wait and see what happens..
Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #105
Dicky Anderson
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco666 View Post
Broner still keeps talking shit about Burns for a reason, to hype up their fight thats going to happen probably in May. The constant trash talking of Burns and even this Rees fight makes me more confident Burns and Broner are going to fight in May.
Broner was interviewed just yesterday saying shit like ''Im not leaving 135 untill that ducker Burns fights me, im gona clean the division before i leave, Burns is the one i want, im impatient'' etc etc.
If i was Burns i would rather fight Broner on the undercard of the big Mayweather fight in May anyway, much more exposure and a much bigger crowd. **** Feb and **** all you impatient nobs.
This fight is defo going to happen so calm down folks. I hope Rees can put a spanner in the works tho.
100% this
Dicky Anderson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum