Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #121
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndisputedUK View Post
I agree with a few comments on here, but not all. I'll put in a few comments of my own. Feel free to respond.

1. Adrien Broner is a great fighter, but he's not at that elite level yet. He has quite a few more fights to come and he's not a Marquez, Pacman or Mayweather just yet. The potential is there though. He's not a household name in the UK or anything.


This is one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've read on Broner.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #122
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: STOKE
Posts: 826
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

16/1 Rees at bet 365 for any that fancy a nibble
micky is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #123
flatulent_bob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 476
vCash: 498
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
16/1 Rees at bet 365 for any that fancy a nibble
I heard Iron Chin has dropped 20 grand on it.
flatulent_bob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #124
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,409
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
16/1 Rees at bet 365 for any that fancy a nibble
He's 16/1 for a good reason. Kevin Mitchell would beat Rees ffs. He hasn't a hope.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #125
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
He's 16/1 for a good reason. Kevin Mitchell would beat Rees ffs. He hasn't a hope.
No.
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #126
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,409
vCash: 227381
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
No.
Go put your life savings on Rees then.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #127
tmsbry
#1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 14400
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
He's 16/1 for a good reason. Kevin Mitchell would beat Rees ffs. He hasn't a hope.
A "well prepared" Mitchell would still get stopped by Rees
tmsbry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #128
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Go put your life savings on Rees then.
I would if he was fighting Mitchell.
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #129
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
He's 16/1 for a good reason. Kevin Mitchell would beat Rees ffs. He hasn't a hope.


Dunno why people are making out like this is a decent test for Broner. It isn't.
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #130
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
He's 16/1 for a good reason. Kevin Mitchell would beat Rees ffs. He hasn't a hope.
Dont make me laugh, a fully prepared wouldent beat Rees, no way .
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #131
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
Dont make me laugh, a fully prepared wouldent beat Rees, no way .
Rees - WBA 140lb titlist, Euro 135lb Champion, British 135lb Champion, Prizefighter winner.

Mitchell - British/Commonwealth 130lb Champion.

Only one winner for me.
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #132
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Fair play to Rees, it's a great payday and the experience of fighting in a big event over in the States. Best of luck to him

To those getting wound up the wall about it, Burns-Broner will probably happen next year, if Ricky doesn't want to rush into a huge fight like this who can blame him? I'm sure he feels he needs to be in the right frame of mind for a fight like this
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #133
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hong Kong via Sunderland
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post


Dunno why people are making out like this is a decent test for Broner. It isn't.
Why do you say this? Because Broner is so much better than Rees? Or Rees isn't very good?

It's pretty much the best voluntary he could get outside unifications/Abril/Bogere.

He's a lot better than Escobedo or Eloy 'Kite' Perez
Lilo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #134
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

I don't believe this fight's a great test for Broner, but it's a reasonable title fight IMO cos of Rees experience and achievements. We've seen some of the better world champions over the years have the odd strange fight against European champions. Broner's job is to win and win in style.

Broner is fighting in May (Mayweather Undercard) so he likes to keep active and sees this as a tune up for something bigger in May. Think many lack balance when the talk about Broner as a fighter, seems many either go overboard and many go way beyond realism on his ability. I think he's a world class level fighter, a guy who i feel fighters would be best suited to facing now before he does get better because there seems to be development in his ability recently. Still very much a work in progress..

I know this isn't anything to do with Mitchell and Rees debate you guys are having but lets just say i think Rees is a better opponent for Broner or Burns then Mitchell who for all his ability falls apart at the seams extremely quickly.

A fight between Mitchell and Rees is a great match up. Nip and tuck but i think Rees would win it personally due to his style and ability. Could accept reasons for Mitchell winning it.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #135
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 22,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gavin rees vs Adrien broner Feb 16

The lightweight division at the moment is shite. So yeah, maybe Rees is as good as Broner can get for a voluntary but that's more about the quality of fighters available at 135 rather than anything to do with Rees' ability.

Rees is a solid fighter but what has he actually done at lightweight above British level? He beat that French guy for the Euro belt. The same French guy that was lucky enough to get a long count against an old Thaxton. On top of that Rees has had wars with John Watson and Derry Matthews. Is that world class form?

For me Rees wasted his better years. After Kotelnik he should have dropped down immediately to 135 and made a title run.
ishy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013