Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
awayfromhome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Location: on the road a lot living between Australia, Uk, Asia and Canada.
vCash: 1000
Default Sol v fujimoto on new years eve

This Sounds like it will be a fun fight - what are people's picks? Fujimoto recently beat Welliver and Haumono was lucky to come away with a draw recently against Joey Wilson Alothogh he did get a recent ko win since then.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I like seeing these guys working their way up by taking a few risks like this. especially Fujimoto taking big chances for his 5th and 6th fights.

Last edited by awayfromhome; 12-10-2012 at 03:02 PM.
awayfromhome is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Sol v fujimoto on new years eve

was mentioned that it was unlikely to go ahead cause solo was offered peanuts.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
awayfromhome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Location: on the road a lot living between Australia, Uk, Asia and Canada.
vCash: 1000

Hmmmmm - Welliver would not have fought for peanuts - Solo aint exactly a big name in Japan or anywhere really but I'm sure they can afford to pay him well for his role as the "opponent" - and then I hope he can flip the script.
awayfromhome is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

KYOTARO FUJIMOTO vs SOLOMON HAUMONO

Graham’s odds: Fujimoto -195; Haumono +145 Over 8.5 rounds -150; Under 8.5 rounds +120

Kyotaro Fujimoto is a rarity — a Japanese heavyweight who just might have international-class potential. We will find out a lot more about Fujimoto on Monday’s Osaka show when he meets Solomon Haumono, a heavy hitting Australian fighter of Tongan ancestry, in a 12-rounder for the vacant OPBF heavyweight title.

Haumono, son of a former Aussie heavyweight champ, was a top rugby league player in Australia before taking up boxing seriously, and he’s knocked out 17 opponents in 21 fights. Haumono belaboured the Australian-based Nigerian Franklin Egobi into defeat in the 10th round in his last fight. However, while Haumono hurt Egobi with right hands throughout the fight and dug in some good body blows he seemed to be the sort of boxer who fights in spurts. Egobi was doing well with the jab in several rounds, only to get caught and rocked when Haumono opened up. Haumono has an impressively muscled physique, but he’s 37 and I think it’s fair to say that he’s reached his level — dangerous but perhaps a bit limited technically.

Fujimoto, 26, has had only five bouts — all wins — but he’s a former K1 kickboxing star. Fujimoto comfortably outpointed the southpaw Chauncy Welliver in his last fight and while Welliver is a mauling type of fighter, he’s a big man and durable, and I thought that Fujimoto showed some ability in the way he landed punches and moved around his much more experienced opponent. Fujimoto seems to have good hand speed, and despite his limited boxing experience he seems to have good instincts, and it seems to me that Fujimoto has the well-balanced look of someone who knows how to fight.

I think that Fujimoto might be a bit too quick and too busy for Haumono. Haumono’s big right hand will be a threat, and if he can hit Fujimoto squarely on the chin he can hurt him and perhaps stop him, but I do believe that Fujimoto is ready for this, on paper at least, somewhat hazardous test. I do realise that one punch can wreck Fujimoto’s dreams of boxing glory but I will go with this flamboyant and confident Japanese prospect to win, possibly on points.
Crusher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum