Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #16
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
who have u meet?

and i dont mean just seen walking or at the fights who have u actually spoken too.
they dont have to be all the bigs names either any pro will do
How about you Chris, who have you met?

Thanks for your help Leon, it worked.
one in a million is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #17
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express
Tommy Hearns didn't understand my accent when I asked him for an autograph. "Wha you saaaay man?" I was like "Can...I ....have....an...autograph....please....Tommy?" He said: "Oh. I thought youse was making fun o me." I said: "I'm not that stupid"!

Mike McCallum was an utter ****ing arsehole. Wanted me to pay him $100 for an autograph. I'd say that when I was 12 and a big Mike McCallum fan I'd have been one of the .0025% of people in Australia who knew who he was. Disappointing.

Had a brilliant chat with Joey Gamache in Gleason's Gym in NY. He's punchy though, poor bloke.

Livingstone Bramble was all class. He said: "One of the hardest hitters I've ever faced was Shannan Taylor. That kid could REALLY bang."

Fenech and Green were all class when I met them. Went out of their way. Choc was reserved, but nice enough.

Eddie Mustapha Muhammad is the man. Loud and very energetic.
Thats cool. Have to admit I am pretty jealous, I would to travel to the states and see some of the gyms, and fighters over there. That KO of Joey was absolutely brutal. One of the most sickening I have ever seen. Pretty sad stuff. I heard that Tommy Hearns is pretty punchy as well...
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:12 AM   #18
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Very punchy. Slurs badly. Absolute disgrace that he still fights every now and then.

Jazzie Jeff Mayweather was excellent as well. Floyd Snr was very loud, just like on tele. Still a nice guy though. I saw him put a young super middle through on the pads, just like what you see Pretty Boy doing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] That's the bloke. He was nice too. Said he'd love to fight in Australia one day.

Watching Spinks v Judah II in New York was cool as well. I was going for Zab just cos of the whole NY vibe.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #19
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Also spoke to Reggie Johnson on the phone a number of times when I was trying to match him with Paul Briggs on behalf of Jamie Myer. Seemed like a really nice guy. Most boxers are.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:18 AM   #20
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Very punchy. Slurs badly. Absolute disgrace that he still fights every now and then.

Jazzie Jeff Mayweather was excellent as well. Floyd Snr was very loud, just like on tele. Still a nice guy though. I saw him put a young super middle through on the pads, just like what you see Pretty Boy doing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] That's the bloke. He was nice too. Said he'd love to fight in Australia one day.

Watching Spinks v Judah II in New York was cool as well. I was going for Zab just cos of the whole NY vibe.
Would have been a great fight to watch. Very competitive match up, great KO. You would have stuck out for sure though in the crowd, the place would have been over run with wannabe gangstas. If you were a real man you would have drawn a swastika on your forehead before you went... What was it like when Cory did that ridiculous ring enterance?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 AM   #21
RedCornerPromotions
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Met quite a few since 2004 but before I started promoting I met John Wayne Parr out in Surfers ...

Had a beer with him - I told him what a champion he was. etc etc like any typical fan.

He was such an easy going good bloke...I for one will always think he is a Superstar.

The Dominator Mark De Mori - he is one hell of a nice guy. His brother Eric is of the same mould.

Brian
RedCornerPromotions is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #22
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCornerPromotions
Met quite a few since 2004 but before I started promoting I met John Wayne Parr out in Surfers ...

Had a beer with him - I told him what a champion he was. etc etc like any typical fan.

He was such an easy going good bloke...I for one will always think he is a Superstar.

The Dominator Mark De Mori - he is one hell of a nice guy. His brother Eric is of the same mould.

Brian
Ok is this the Wayne Parr mentioned in Paul's book? Can a kickboxer swap between boxing and kickboxing?

Mark comes across as a very genuine person by his post on ESB.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:24 AM   #23
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Would have been a great fight to watch. Very competitive match up, great KO. You would have stuck out for sure though in the crowd, the place would have been over run with wannabe gangstas. If you were a real man you would have drawn a swastika on your forehead before you went... What was it like when Cory did that ridiculous ring enterance?
Sorry mate, I should have clarified. I watched it in a pub. From memory that fight was in St Louis. The pub was owned by one of Jameel McCline's cornermen and also featured in "Raging Bull".
Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 AM   #24
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ok is this the Wayne Parr mentioned in Paul's book? Can a kickboxer swap between boxing and kickboxing?

Yeah anyone can swap between the two, few do it successfully. If you've not seen any John Wayne Parr, I suggest you go to youtube and type it in...enjoy!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #25
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million

I dont know about switching btween the two sports on a regular basis but two fairly recent Kick boxing converts have challenged for legit titles recently , Matt Skelton challenged Ruslan Chagaev for the WBA heavy Starp and Marco Huck challenged IBF Cruiser champ USS Cuningham for the Strap . Both lost ..Regards Josey
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 03:47 AM   #26
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

James Warring, Troy Dorsey, a host of Thais, Sam Soliman, Paul and Nathan Briggs all spring to mind as well.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:49 AM   #27
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
I dont know about switching btween the two sports on a regular basis but two fairly recent Kick boxing converts have challenged for legit titles recently , Matt Skelton challenged Ruslan Chagaev for the WBA heavy Starp and Marco Huck challenged IBF Cruiser champ USS Cuningham for the Strap . Both lost ..Regards Josey
Cheers for your opinion, I appreciate it
Old 02-08-2008, 03:52 AM   #28
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Ipswich Express . You have been about a bit mate , I met Tyson briefly outside the Holiday inn over in New York once and A host of Brit fighters , but the best bloke i ever met was Howard winstone , He satrted throwing Jabs at me and insisted on me having a photo done with his belt around my waist , then he bought me a pint , i was about 18 years old and star struck , my sadly departed father in law was good mates with him back in the day Regards Josey
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 AM   #29
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah anyone can swap between the two, few do it successfully. If you've not seen any John Wayne Parr, I suggest you go to youtube and type it in...enjoy!
I have seen him kickbox on Fox a lil while back, so yay I have been swaping between the two too.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 AM   #30
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million
Cheers for your opinion, I appreciate it
No probs , Did you get to see the Sketon snozzer down under ?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum