Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #61
joekirkbycobra
King Of The Ring
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: liverpool (kirkby)
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

i train in a pro gym so i talk to loads but theyre all the pro's round liverpool but that includes derry mathews paul smith courtney fry geard ajetovich and old legends like john conteh paul hoko shea neary and im coached by jon farrell who went 9 round with jeff fenech
joekirkbycobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #62
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Saw that Farrell fight on a Fenech doco I have, he showed a lot of heart and guts that night, never stopped coming forward, brave effort.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #63
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
and im coached by jon farrell who went 9 round with jeff fenech
Fenech punched Farrell everywhere but the soles of his feet and the roof of his mouth.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #64
ajay11
Original Convict
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Teaching Your Chick How To Ride A Stallion
Posts: 643
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Which Pros have I met?

I'll start with my favourites....

Randy
Candice
Crystal (She's a transvestite but very sweet all the same)
Ivy
Sally Anne (she ain't really a pro, just a 16yr old meth head short of cash)
Frank

shit, shouldn't have put him down. Which button is delete...is it this one
ajay11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #65
ajay11
Original Convict
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Teaching Your Chick How To Ride A Stallion
Posts: 643
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay11
Which Pros have I met?

I'll start with my favourites....

Randy
Candice
Crystal (She's a transvestite but very sweet all the same)
Ivy
Sally Anne (she ain't really a pro, just a 16yr old meth head short of cash)
Frank

shit, shouldn't have put him down. Which button is delete...is it this one
Can I try again?

Skinny and Hussy go first 'cause they're Yagoona boys Remember seeing them first as youngsters at the PYCY and thinking that anyone that small shouldn't be allowed in the ring and I'm only 78kgs + 5f 9" (well I used to be 78kgs but I got a thing for ice cream.)

Billy Dib and Nader Hamden I've said G'day to but I won't bullshit and say that there's anything esle there.

I've met Choc more than I've planned due to my wife's infatuation with him. He signed a pair of gloves for her which I let the boys spar in when she aint around

and I met Mohammad Ali back in 2000 when he came out for the Olympics.

I was at Rosehill to watch Unworldly (great little filly) run in the Tea Rose Stakes. I took the family out as they like the horsies and Rosehill has pony rides and a few other little things to keep the kids happy while daddy loses his money. I had heard the Ali was to be the guest of honour but expected him to be choppered in or smuggled underground or something but couldn't believe my eyes as I saw a limo and a couple of other cars drive straight into the main gates. I knew straight away who it was.

As they set up a roped area to keep all the punters back I grabbed my then 3 year old son under 1 arm and my 1 year old daughter under the other and ran over to the area. Luckily I had come from the playground side so there weren't many next to me while the betting ring was on the otherside. As he got out heaps of people came over 10 to 12 deep on that side but not mine.

Pretty much as soon as he got out of the limo he started towards me. I probably looked around a bit confused because it seemed very surreal at the time...."why was he coming towards me? I'm to pretty to look like a fighter!"

It was then his wife exclaimed something along the lines of "Oh, Mohammad's found a baby" (meaning my daughter of course) and I almost pissed myself...

They reckon he shakes!!!

He came over and planted a kiss on my daughters cheek then done the same to my 3 year old son. Then he looked me in the eye and said....nothing!

"OH **** WHAT DO I DO?"

I know it sounds stupid but it was happening too fast. I wanted to tell him to go back and start again so I could think about what I should say. In the end I just sort of stuck my hand out (of course the one with the heavier kid) and said

"It's a pleasure to meet you"

A PLESASURE TO MEET YOU!?!?! That's the best I could come up with??? AARRGGHHH. He shook my hand with a vice-like grip all the while keeping his eyes on me, sort of looking straight through me, as if saying "So what you got for me sucka, is that it?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you"

And his reply...."Hmmmmm"

Aw ****, I would've perfered it had he hit me with a straight left-right combo. Then off he went, never to glare into my eyes again.

He didn't stop for anyone else. Afterwards I had people coming up to me saying how lucky I was and how I'd never forget etc, etc, etc,

You don't say!

But wait for it, here's the punch line. All this time the wife (who took a camera for the day) was over putting a bet on for me and missed the whole lot!!! Luckily she had enough intelligence to call the STC and ask had any of the staff got a shot of Mr.Ali outside with a couple of punters...and one had

They put us through and the nice lady sent it without asking for a thing (we sent her flowers and chocolates) In the photo you see a perfect shot of Ali planting a kiss on my son's cheek. You can also see the back of my daughter's head in front of my face and as for me....you can see the top of my left ear and a tiny part of my hair !

It takes pride of place in the living room.

Sorry, Should I have done this in chapters?
ajay11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #66
boxerbabe
Xx Miss ESB 2010 XX
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 69
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Ohhhh shit ill try remember names lol

erm... i used to liv wit jeff malcolm i she famous lol ,CHOC ,shane knocks ,sharron anyos, nathan dicarlo an father,had a fling wit emmett gazzard aww nice lad he is lol,matt powell ,the hussain brothers billy is one funny guy,jay washington,fennich erm... shit loadsa others but i carnt think of there second names right now iv met a few of chocs mates to but think they play nrl

hahahaha iv also pashed Benji Marshal lol well he pashed me i was pretty out of it
boxerbabe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #67
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
Posts: 10,722
vCash: 300
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekirkbycobra
i train in a pro gym so i talk to loads but theyre all the pro's round liverpool but that includes derry mathews paul smith courtney fry geard ajetovich and old legends like john conteh paul hoko shea neary and im coached by jon farrell who went 9 round with jeff fenech
You should know my cousin Michael Jones... He used to box out of Rotunda as an amateur befor he turned pro.. Liverpool have had some great fighters over the years.. Hoko , Jimmy Neary, Holligan, Tony Dodson, Gary Thornhill, David Burke, Noel Quarless, Moleneux, Jamie Mckeever, Ritchie and Nigel Wenton...

i used to love going to the everton park sports centre and OLympia to watch the Liverpool boys, There was always a great atmosphere..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #68
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 210
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Kostya Tszyu
Jeff Fenech
Sakio Bika
Billy Dib
Rise Above is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #69
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay11
Can I try again?

Skinny and Hussy go first 'cause they're Yagoona boys Remember seeing them first as youngsters at the PYCY and thinking that anyone that small shouldn't be allowed in the ring and I'm only 78kgs + 5f 9" (well I used to be 78kgs but I got a thing for ice cream.)

Billy Dib and Nader Hamden I've said G'day to but I won't bullshit and say that there's anything esle there.

I've met Choc more than I've planned due to my wife's infatuation with him. He signed a pair of gloves for her which I let the boys spar in when she aint around

and I met Mohammad Ali back in 2000 when he came out for the Olympics.

I was at Rosehill to watch Unworldly (great little filly) run in the Tea Rose Stakes. I took the family out as they like the horsies and Rosehill has pony rides and a few other little things to keep the kids happy while daddy loses his money. I had heard the Ali was to be the guest of honour but expected him to be choppered in or smuggled underground or something but couldn't believe my eyes as I saw a limo and a couple of other cars drive straight into the main gates. I knew straight away who it was.

As they set up a roped area to keep all the punters back I grabbed my then 3 year old son under 1 arm and my 1 year old daughter under the other and ran over to the area. Luckily I had come from the playground side so there weren't many next to me while the betting ring was on the otherside. As he got out heaps of people came over 10 to 12 deep on that side but not mine.

Pretty much as soon as he got out of the limo he started towards me. I probably looked around a bit confused because it seemed very surreal at the time...."why was he coming towards me? I'm to pretty to look like a fighter!"

It was then his wife exclaimed something along the lines of "Oh, Mohammad's found a baby" (meaning my daughter of course) and I almost pissed myself...

They reckon he shakes!!!

He came over and planted a kiss on my daughters cheek then done the same to my 3 year old son. Then he looked me in the eye and said....nothing!

"OH **** WHAT DO I DO?"

I know it sounds stupid but it was happening too fast. I wanted to tell him to go back and start again so I could think about what I should say. In the end I just sort of stuck my hand out (of course the one with the heavier kid) and said

"It's a pleasure to meet you"

A PLESASURE TO MEET YOU!?!?! That's the best I could come up with??? AARRGGHHH. He shook my hand with a vice-like grip all the while keeping his eyes on me, sort of looking straight through me, as if saying "So what you got for me sucka, is that it?"

"It's a pleasure to meet you"

And his reply...."Hmmmmm"

Aw ****, I would've perfered it had he hit me with a straight left-right combo. Then off he went, never to glare into my eyes again.

He didn't stop for anyone else. Afterwards I had people coming up to me saying how lucky I was and how I'd never forget etc, etc, etc,

You don't say!

But wait for it, here's the punch line. All this time the wife (who took a camera for the day) was over putting a bet on for me and missed the whole lot!!! Luckily she had enough intelligence to call the STC and ask had any of the staff got a shot of Mr.Ali outside with a couple of punters...and one had

They put us through and the nice lady sent it without asking for a thing (we sent her flowers and chocolates) In the photo you see a perfect shot of Ali planting a kiss on my son's cheek. You can also see the back of my daughter's head in front of my face and as for me....you can see the top of my left ear and a tiny part of my hair !

It takes pride of place in the living room.

Sorry, Should I have done this in chapters?
Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was a funny and entertaining read. I love the bit when you seen Ali & then ran off to get your kids, put them under your arm to share the special moment with them
one in a million is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:18 AM   #70
ajay11
Original Convict
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Teaching Your Chick How To Ride A Stallion
Posts: 643
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million
Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was a funny and entertaining read. I love the bit when you seen Ali & then ran off to get your kids, put them under your arm to share the special moment with them
Not so much wanting to share the moment as knowing what the wife would do to me if I had left them to fend for themselves.
ajay11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:58 AM   #71
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay11
Not so much wanting to share the moment as knowing what the wife would do to me if I had left them to fend for themselves.
Either way it was a special moment that I'm sure you will talk to them about down the track
one in a million is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 AM   #72
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

ajay great story

RJJ
Kostya
Green
Fenech
Briggs
Choc
Hussien's all four
hamden
Peden
Sol

there the main ones a few other aussie boxers but not as well known
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #73
Barge FTA
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 568
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Marcus enjoys meeting the pros, but they don't box.
Barge FTA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #74
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barge FTA
Marcus enjoys meeting the pros, but they don't box.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #75
Action
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 593
vCash: 1000
Default Re: which pros have u meet.........

The most notable:
Muhammad Ali
Joe Frazier
Jersey Joe Walcott
Pinklon Thomas
Greg Page
Larry Holmes
Mike Tyson
Leon Spinks
Michael Spinks
Roy Jones
Gerry Cooney
Sugar Ray Seales
Greg Haugen
Duane Bobick
Gaby Canizales
Jake LaMotta
Gene Fullmer
Don Fullmer
Phil Moyer
Sugar Ray Leonard
Hector Camacho
Bobby Chacon
Marvin Camel
Virgil Hill
Billy Costello
Joe Mesi
Bobby Czyz
Alexis Arguello
David Tua

and Rocky Balboa (Sylvestor Stallone)
Action is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013