Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Froch is ducking Cleverly

"Next year, IBF super-middle champ Froch is expected to get a chance to avenge his April 2010 defeat by WBA champ Mikkel Kessler in the UK.
That’s a decent match, but a far better one would be for The Cobra to step up to 175lbs to challenge Cleverly. My guess is he’ll swerve the challenge." He just keeps on shovelling.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: Froch is ducking Cleverly

Clearly his article is aimed at casuals because no self respecting boxing fan would believe any of the bollocks he talks.

Can you imagine if he promoted Froch? we'd never hear the end of how great Froch was, how he takes on all comers, fights the best, yada yada yada.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Clarky Cat
Stalwart
ESB Senior Member

Fish-eyed old cunt.
Clarky Cat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736

Oh Frank
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You believe The Sun? Oh my...
Trail is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Can you imagine if he promoted Froch? we'd never hear the end of how great Froch was, how he takes on all comers, fights the best, yada yada yada.
I doubt it, mate. If Frank promoted Froch, he'd be fighting in some small hall defending his WBO trinket against a Ghanaian whilst keeping onto his unbeaten record. He'd probably be 30-0 with no respect, no money and no legacy.

...just like Cleverly will be.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I doubt it, mate. If Frank promoted Froch, he'd be fighting in some small hall defending his WBO trinket against a Ghanaian whilst keeping onto his unbeaten record. He'd probably be 30-0 with no respect, no money and no legacy.

...just like Cleverly will be.
I reckon Froch would of probably pushed for the big fights, but yeah, I see your point.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Froch is the name that he is due to the super six, wazza wouldnt have let him anywhere near that tournament.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

While the article is a load of shite, I've been saying for a while that Froch should consider stepping up in weight. Lot of great fights out there for him. Cleverly holds a strap which he could win, there is also Bellew. Can you imagine what a fight that would be? That's just the domestic guys. Also has options at world level. Rematch Kessler, then move up in weight. Another fight against Ward is not exciting and would bring the same result as last time.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
While the article is a load of shite, I've been saying for a while that Froch should consider stepping up in weight. Lot of great fights out there for him. Cleverly holds a strap which he could win, there is also Bellew. Can you imagine what a fight that would be? That's just the domestic guys. Also has options at world level. Rematch Kessler, then move up in weight. Another fight against Ward is not exciting and would bring the same result as last time.
Although I dont agree about him fighting Bellew, I believe your right that to cement his legend to a new a level he should look into becoming a two weight world champ.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

how the **** is cleverly a better fight than kessler, I really hope after kessler he moves up and knocks cleverly out. That said, if froch moved up to 175 he could just skip ahead of cleverly and face pretty much who he wanted. None of the fights frank mentioned will be made next year I don't think.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If you believe that your an idiot. Froch walks round at 170lbs so why would he move up to lhw?
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Allegedly is ****ing hilarious isn't he?

PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #14
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
If you believe that your an idiot. Froch walks round at 170lbs so why would he move up to lhw?
Froch has boxed close to the LHW limit before...theres too much crap talked about weight, there isnt a whole heap of difference between 172 and 175
icemax is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
I think if Froch is going to make a move in his career, it should be to middleweight rather than light heavyweight.

Froch is simply too small to mix it with those guys. He's a guy who walks around at 170ish and gets into the ring weighing under 170. The fighters at 175 balloon in weight and are probably around 185-195 by the time they're in the ring, so Froch would be undersized there. Even at middleweight, a fighter like Chavez would be about 10lbs heavier than Froch on fight night.

Most fighters who drain themselves can lose 8lbs or so in water weight, so if Froch did that, he could be a healthy, strong middleweight. Would he be bigger than guys like Martinez or Golovkin? Apparently Martinez weighed in at 167lbs against Chavez on fight night, which is almost identical to what Froch weighs in the ring. A guy like Golovkin is possibly a couple of pounds bigger than Froch, and the likes of Chavez would be heavier than him.

That said, going to 160 could take away Froch's strength. It's not impossible but it might weaken him. However, 175 is too high for a guy who walks around under that weight. It'd be like asking Khan to fight Kirkland at 154.
Jack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum