Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Boxing Training 2x a Day?

Considering going to the boxing gym for 2 hrs in the afternoon and again for 1-2 hrs later at night. I'll probably do reg training the 1st session (jump rope, shadow box, bag, spar) and do bodyweight/dumbbell workouts, slip rope and more shadow boxing the 2nd session. No roadwork or any other exercise outside of the gym. This isn't to train for a fight or anything. I'm currently in between jobs and figure it'd be better for me both physically and mentally to spend more time at the gym than sitting at home on my ass. At the longest I'd be doing this for one month. Just wanted to see if any more knowledgable people would advise against doing something like this.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Boxing Training 2x a Day?

If you're going to do that, I'd make one session purely a technique/skill session - nothing intense.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing Training 2x a Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
If you're going to do that, I'd make one session purely a technique/skill session - nothing intense.
Thanks for your input. Any particular reason for that? Risk of overtraining or burning out the CNS or something like that?

I don't want the 2nd session to be as intense as the first. The first session I wanna train as hard as I normally would if I was training just once that day, minus bodyweight/dumbbell/ab exercises. Then go home, eat, and rest for 4-5 hours. I figured bodyweight/dumbbell/ab exercises are less intense than boxing training, so that mixed with some slip rope, practicing footwork/ring movement, and shadow boxing for my 2nd session should be fine, no? I don't plan on doing any bag work or sparring the 2nd session.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing