Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #76
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
I was surprised at how easily Pascal was able to tag him

Do you think Froch would beat Pascal again at 175?
Subtlty is the word. Guys like Ward and Hopkins have that defensive craft. Dawson doesn't posses the technique to see himself avoid punishment.

I think Froch beats Pascal because Jean is still far too top heavy and gasses. Froch will lose rounds while Pascal can move his feet and let his hands go, but after five rounds I think Froch takes over.

Nothing is a given at Froch's age though.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #77
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-demon View Post
Adamek overhyped untalented bum
Sadly in Dawson and dirrells case might be skilled but you can't train for heart and bottle. They ought to match Daw and Dirrell see who bottles and quits first
You do realize that if not for the gift Froch woulda went 1-3 in the supersix right?

Adamek is an excellent fighter. Not many fighters go from being pressure fighters to boxers as well as he did. Beat Cunningham once, Jonathon Banks, beat Arreola, and even though he got wobbled by a range finding jab a range finding jab from Vitali is a power punch by a light heavy.

Lets see Froch go up to light heavyweight and cruiser and see if he has the same success. Where his size would mean nothing and hed have to survive on His boxing skills lol!
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #78
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Yeah he beat Dirrell.
Took his '0' as well


Quote:
Pascal is also orthodox
When Dawson faced a top guy in his prime, he came undone against Pascal

Quote:
Bute and Dawson are completely different fighters. Dawson uses his jab which is really his power hand because hes a converted southpaw. He liked to duck down in order to avoid shots, then grabs or circles away out of the danger zone, Bute pulls straight back in order to set up uppercut or left hook.

Bute also has T. rex arms whereas Dawson is 6-2 with a very long reach.

Completely different styles and IMO caliber of fighters at their best weight.

Yeah they're different styles, but of similar calibre with Bute being the bigger puncher P4P.

I never said Dawson fought like Bute, my point was that once Froch has Dawson hurt (and he definitely will hurt him), Dawson simply doesn't have the defence, or the craft to weather the storm. Once Bute was hurt, he didn't either and Froch took him out, once Froch has Dawson hurt he'll take him out.

Someone like Ward, while he doesn't have Froch's iron chin, even if you hurt him, he's so hard to catch again with the same punch, he has excellent defence at all ranges and knows how to survive, Dawson does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Subtlty is the word. Guys like Ward and Hopkins have that defensive craft. Dawson doesn't posses the technique to see himself avoid punishment.

I think Froch beats Pascal because Jean is still far too top heavy and gasses. Froch will lose rounds while Pascal can move his feet and let his hands go, but after five rounds I think Froch takes over.

Nothing is a given at Froch's age though.

yeah completely agree mate

Pascal won't be able to maintain the pace in the late rounds, only time Froch hasn't been able to come on strong at the end was against Kessler when he had problems travelling with the ash cloud and so on. Pascal v Cleverly would be an awesome fight

Last edited by knockout artist; 12-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #79
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Took his '0' as well
I think more credit needs to go to the judges to be honest.




Quote:
hen Dawson faced a top guy in his prime, he came undone against Pascal
Pascal is a completely different fighter to Froch. Pascal is the type of guy who will trouble a lazy fighter like Dawson. And sti Dawson looked to be on his way to a victory at the end before the cut.

Froch is the type of guy who Dawson will look good against. Slow hand speed, blocks punches with his face, takes 4 rounds to get going ect.
Quote:
Yeah they're different styles, but of similar calibre with Bute being the bigger puncher P4P.
Punch doesnt mean much against Froch. Its the jab and Dawson is superior in that area and all around superior defensively.

Quote:
I never said Dawson fought like Bute, my point was that once Froch has Dawson hurt (and he definitely will hurt him),
From Taylor to Bute Froch could hurt anyone in the super six what makes you so sure of his ability to hurt Dawson?

And besides Ward where e was drained Dawson has shown great recuperative abilities. Hurt against Johnson, Adamek and Pascal yet fought through and closed strong.

Honestly I ddont think Froch lands cleanly enough to get Dawson. Dawson will be pumping the jab and circling away forcing Froch to chase and Froch looks horrible when he had to chase as seen against Dirrell and Ward.


Quote:
Dawson simply doesn't have the defence, or the craft to weather the storm. Once Bute was hurt, he didn't either and Froch took him out, once Froch has Dawson hurt he'll take him out.
Again Dawson is not Bute. If Froch is such a monsteroud puncher then why didnt he implement this gameplan when Kessler, Dirrell and Ward were beating him?

Dawson defense is good. Been in there with some top light heavyweights including Hopkins. Same Hopkins who schooled Pascal.

Quote:
Someone like Ward, while he doesn't have Froch's iron chin, even if you hurt him, he's so hard to catch again with the same punch, he has excellent defence at all ranges and knows how to surfvive, Dawson does not.
Umm go watch his fights with Adamek, Johnson 1 and Pascal and get back to me. Dawson was hurt in all 3 and survivors and finished strong.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #80
The13thRound
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,279
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurushi View Post
I really like Ward. I think he is on the edge of greatness but it's interesting to me that increasingly conversation surrounding him seems to involve discussion about which of his victims would do better against each other (that and the noise about him not fighting abroad). Part of this is because he is so clearly in a different league but I also feel like Ward needs to do something to elevate himself I'm the eyes of his fans. I know that's selfish and possibly just boxing fan noise but I really think it's time for Ward to do something uncharacteristic and silence the critics.
because wards style is borderline illegal and boring to watch he's like a168lb version of wlad jab jab hit grab hold headbutt grab grab hug hug thats the real reason theres no excitement around him

And stop bringing up Cleverely that welsh slapper gets sonned by Froch and everyone else even pascal would have clev out of there in under 6

Dawson is like amir khan and zab judah rolled in to one he's capable with his speed and talent of out pointing anyone but always has that cloud of bad stamina and borderline chinny about him not to mention will power which i still think he lacks

Look the guy went life and death almost with glen johnson and you know why ? because glen johnson is a pessure fighter and went after him, froch would go in to this fight with the same gameplan as glen just like andre ward did virgils no fool he studied the tapes and knew dawson likes his opponent to sit back and box but no ward got right up in his face and never left him alone to relax just like johnson did just like froch would.

It would be like the taylor fight only froch wouldn't leave it so late.

Last edited by The13thRound; 01-01-2013 at 10:26 PM.
The13thRound is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #81
non-stop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

this will be a great fight. im a big Dawson but after the fight with Ward it leave question marks.. the weight can play a big role too.
non-stop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #82
The13thRound
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,279
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

drained or not that some weak whiskers he displayed against Ward who we all know doesn't have ko power at all really
The13thRound is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #83
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Froch vs Dawson at 170: Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
I think more credit needs to go to the judges to be honest.
Not at all, Froch never panicked and in the end did enough to win a close decision. There's no shame in losing to Carl Froch.

Quote:
Pascal is a completely different fighter to Froch. Pascal is the type of guy who will trouble a lazy fighter like Dawson. And sti Dawson looked to be on his way to a victory at the end before the cut.


Quote:
Froch is the type of guy who Dawson will look good against. Slow hand speed, blocks punches with his face, takes 4 rounds to get going ect.
That's what they said about Bute, he'll box Froch's head off and Carl will take too much punishment. Froch won't respect Dawson, he'll see how he got rushed by Ward, pressured by Johnson and as he hurts him (which he will), he'll get him out of there. Dawson doesn't have the movement of Dirrell, the slickness and defence of Ward, or the sheer toughness of Kessler.


Quote:
Punch doesnt mean much against Froch. Its the jab and Dawson is superior in that area and all around superior defensively.
Dawson's ATG jab, which he couldn't land at all against Ward Even Froch with his slow hands and lack of speed was able to land plenty of jabs on Ward.

Quote:
From Taylor to Bute Froch could hurt anyone in the super six what makes you so sure of his ability to hurt Dawson?
Ward and Dirrell are both very negative with excellent defences. Froch couldn't hurt them because he was struggling to land clean. Kessler and Johnson are just old school, iron chinned warriors, no-one stops those guys.

Quote:
And besides Ward where e was drained Dawson has shown great recuperative abilities. Hurt against Johnson, Adamek and Pascal yet fought through and closed strong.

It's not as hard to survive Glen Johnson when he's 40 years old! FFS Groves just butchered Johnson easily, Dawson should have lost the first fight to Glen.


Quote:
Honestly I ddont think Froch lands cleanly enough to get Dawson. Dawson will be pumping the jab and circling away forcing Froch to chase and Froch looks horrible when he had to chase as seen against Dirrell and Ward.

Again Dawson is not Bute. If Froch is such a monsteroud puncher then why didnt he implement this gameplan when Kessler, Dirrell and Ward were beating him?
Dirrell
- Froch put the pressure on, and outworked him to win the close rounds. It wasn't pretty, but it was effective just about

Ward
- Ward is simply better than Froch and clearly much better than Dawson, doesn't matter what gameplan Froch brings, he's getting beaten by Ward

Kessler
- It was a close fight, Kessler just wanted it that little bit more at the end and was willing to slug it out. Froch will set the record straight in the rematch in England.

Quote:
Dawson defense is good. Been in there with some top light heavyweights including Hopkins. Same Hopkins who schooled Pascal.

Dawson's defence is poor, how many times has he been down in his career? Froch is one of the best finishers in the game. Hopkins performance against Pascal was all he had left. He was completely shot by the time Dawson fought him, Dawson still didn't look good against shot 47 year old Hopkins!


Quote:
Umm go watch his fights with Adamek, Johnson 1 and Pascal and get back to me. Dawson was hurt in all 3 and survivors and finished strong.

You give Dawson way too much credit, once Froch has him hurt, he'll jump on him. Dawson made Ward look like a 168 pound Tommy Hearns, and Ward is completely feather fisted Once the Cobra strikes, Dawson will be knocked out, it would be brutal as Carl doesn't let up until his man is completely gone. Chad should stick to fighting 40 year olds on the American domestic circuit, as that's how he made his name. When he's stepped up to world class level against Pascal and Ward he got destroyed.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013