critix is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Danny Garcia on Amir Khan's Speed

I'm no Khan fan at all, but he is insanely fast. I've been ringside at a couple of his fights and been to a few more, and he is even faster in the flesh than he seems on tv. I've never seen a faster fighter live P4P and he's genuinely quicker than most bantamweights. Shame he doesn't know how to use his speed!
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Really like Garcia. His dad is a bad twat but Danny comes across a nice, smart, down-to-Earth guy.

He's exactly right. All of Khans opponents say the same thing. That it's his speed which makes him difficult to beat. He hurts his opponents by over-whelming them with punches they can't see coming so they can't slip or block them.

Once an opponents manage to work him out though and see his punches coming then he becomes one dimensional. Khan doesn't have a good boxing brain, he's too gung-ho and won't just take a step back and box his opponent. He always tries to be a tough guy by coming forward and, consequently, leaving himself in the danger zone.

That's the main reason he gets KO'ed. His chin isn't necessarily bad, it's just no way near as good as he thinks it is. Anybody who gets punched as much as he allows himself to be will get knocked out.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Danny Garcia said he started to slip Amir Khan's punches..?

He was getting beat throughout the whole fight until he knocked Amir Khan down.

Amir Khan will TKO him in the rematch.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
Iron Chinned

Pretty much admitted it was a lucky punch.
Iron Chinned is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chinned View Post
Pretty much admitted it was a lucky punch.
Was Molina lucky that he landed more than 10 left hooks in the 10 rounds they fought?
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Danny Garcia meant to land the punch but..? He was being beat the entire fight, and landing a big shot! was pretty much always his only chance of turning the tables.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Danny Garcia meant to land the punch but..? He was being beat the entire fight, and landing a big shot! was pretty much always his only chance of turning the tables.
Mate, it went four rounds. People talk like Khan was winning 11 rounds to zero and got caught. Nah, he won two rounds and got pulped in the next two.

If Molina had some Garcia power, he may have done the exact same.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Mate, it went four rounds. People talk like Khan was winning 11 rounds to zero and got caught. Nah, he won two rounds and got pulped in the next two.

If Molina had some Garcia power, he may have done the exact same.
Listen..

I know how many rounds it was, and Amir Khan was winning the fact! before he got caught.

I don't even think the fight should of been stopped. By the time the refferee stopped the fight, Amir Khan was in better shape than he was during the first knock-down.

Amir Khan made the situation all the worse by going ape shit, he could of easily just got on his bike like David Haye does when he is tagged.

I am sure Virgil Hunter, would of drummed this into Amir Khan's head!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan has no chin.

No chin no brain = no chance
Dai is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Listen..

I know how many rounds it was, and Amir Khan was winning the fact! before he got caught.

I don't even think the fight should of been stopped. By the time the refferee stopped the fight, Amir Khan was in better shape than he was during the first knock-down.

Amir Khan made the situation all the worse by going ape shit, he could of easily just got on his bike like David Haye does when he is tagged.

I am sure Virgil Hunter, would of drummed this into Amir Khan's head!
It doesn't matter if he was winning though, that's the whole point of the other opponent. If I sat you down and told you to watch the two rounds of Khan beating Garcia and Garcia beating Khan, who would you find more convincing? The guy who's out-boxing the flat footed fighter or the man who's hunting, hurting and dropping the boxer?

He was still in poor form and he wasn't fully aware of himself at all. Even if Khan ran around, held Garcia, tackled him to the ground to get some time to re-group himself (ala Haye), the same would have happened again sooner or later because he can't make the necessary adjustment to avoid punches that come his way.

Virg can only do so much.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
It doesn't matter if he was winning though, that's the whole point of the other opponent. If I sat you down and told you to watch the two rounds of Khan beating Garcia and Garcia beating Khan, who would you find more convincing? The guy who's out-boxing the flat footed fighter or the man who's hunting, hurting and dropping the boxer?

He was still in poor form and he wasn't fully aware of himself at all. Even if Khan ran around, held Garcia, tackled him to the ground to get some time to re-group himself (ala Haye), the same would have happened again sooner or later because he can't make the necessary adjustment to avoid punches that come his way.

Virg can only do so much.
None of this is for certain.

All i stated is that Amir Khan was winning the fight up until he was caught, and he made it all the worse by going to war instead of getting on his bike. And by the last knock down he was in better shape, than the first knock down!

Danny Garcia done what he was supposed to do, land a big shot.

Even if he land a big shot next time, i don't think he will beat Amir Khan!

Its not rocket science to get on your bike, if your hurt! or hold etc...

Frank Bruno learnt how to grapple and hold more affectively.

Listen i am done with this shit conversion.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #13
dazzpowder
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I thought Khan would win a return with Garcia but the way Garcia dealt with Morales was really impressive he was much better than expected up until Khan I thought Garcia was average and wouldn't even go the distance with him but having seen him grow in confidence as the champion I'm not so sure Khan would win, as has been mentioned he still got clipped by a less abled fighter Molina. I think was right to stop Khan when he fought Garciahe was gone when the ref asked him to step forward any longer Garcia would have mullered him
dazzpowder is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 02:19 AM   #14
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzpowder View Post
I thought Khan would win a return with Garcia but the way Garcia dealt with Morales was really impressive he was much better than expected up until Khan I thought Garcia was average and wouldn't even go the distance with him but having seen him grow in confidence as the champion I'm not so sure Khan would win, as has been mentioned he still got clipped by a less abled fighter Molina. I think was right to stop Khan when he fought Garciahe was gone when the ref asked him to step forward any longer Garcia would have mullered him
Garcia IS average.

He beat an idiotic Khan and a shot Morales who's "last hurrah" was the Maidana night.

Go look at his fight with Theophane, Garcia was the same fighter there, he is now, and Theophane quite frankly gave Garcia all he could handle.

I am not sure if Khan has the brain to excecute a sensible gameplan to outpoint him wide, but a Tim Bradley would shut him out, a Matthyse would brutally murder him.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #15
sharpy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ha it's funny how people say khan was winning the fight it's a 12 round fight so you have 12 rounds to prove you are the better man and Garcia proved it in 4. It's like a football team saying we were 1-0 up until we conceded 3
sharpy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum