Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #31
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Garcia on Amir Khan's Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
"If you are an American, you can **** off" hahahaha....great stuff, love the accent
check out his video called "griefing a man named shaqueel". From around the 7.30 mark some chav girl starts giving him lip and he rips her about the way she talks. "ya dickeaaaaaad"
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #32
The Chosen
Bada Bing! Bada Boom!
ESB Senior Member

if Khan fights like he did against Maidana, minus the 10th round, he can beat Garcia. Hunter needs to teach him footwork, and how to effectively use the jab from range. Things he should have been taught when he was an amateur.
The Chosen is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #33
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
That's more or less what I'm saying, i just think it might be a little closer.

Matthysse, while one of my current favourites, isn't the beast some are making him out to be. He's a decent puncher and can put his shots together nicely, but he's methodical and wide-open. He also goes in straight lines to his opponent and leads with the same few shots. I think Garcia, who's a well schooled counter-puncher by style - not a pressure fighter, can get off enough and get out enough to take a decision. But it wouldn't be an easy fight and Matthysse's relentless style could carry him over just as easily.

That wasn't really my point, I'm just saying that these guys' style and physical attributes mean they always look a little laboured. It's nothing to do with lapses. Mares, who I really like too, just lacks those extra special attributes that would let him dominate his fellow world-level opposition.

It's also why Donaire would clean him out in six rounds.
I agree that Donaire would likely KO Mares. However, Abner's adaptability has obviously impressed me more than you. He's had to mix it up quite a lot in this long run against top class fighters and I think he's done well to overcome the contrasting challenges and difficulties presented by the likes of Perez, Agbeko and Moreno.

Especially so as he lacks that one punch power which can turn a fight around.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #34
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

garcia was in the fight every step of the way, he was sizing khan up, people claim khan fought a reckless fight, whenever an opponent decides to throw punches back at him ala peterson and maidana he looks clumsy and reckless whenever they don't zab judah, andreas kotelnik and pauli malignaggi he looks like a world beater. Khan fought his usual fight only this time his opponent was firing right back at him.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #35
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

DfTaylor said Mattyse isnt the beast people think he is while still being impressed with him.I think this is a good assessment.As for how he,or Bradley would go withGarcia,for me either could beat him possibly.As opposed to Mattyse,IMO Bradleys been underrated.About a year ago,the British boxing press were saying he was ducking Amir.Would back him against Marquez now.As for the latter,cant predict but should return Garcia after one more tune up.If not,dont think itll happen.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #36
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Sorry my mistake.Meant Khan not Marquez.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #37
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Who picked Garcia to fight Khan? Was he mandatory?
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Khan just needs to show him angles and leave a lot less to counter.

The routine is quite simple, Move around, use the ring, don't engage for more than a moment here and there, 1-2 and away, 1-2 and away, always away from the left hook, if unsure that you can get back out in time, grab hold until the ref seperates you.

Garcia is not a front foot pressure fighter, when he does come forward he has lead feet, even when he had khan on jelly legs, it really did take him a long time to finish the job, because he's not got any footspeed to speak of, and he still has to wind his punches up.

It's not rocket science how to win with Khans skills vs Garcias weaknesses, but it's khan.

I'd be neither surprised by Khan getting himself stopped again or winning 120-108 on the cards. Either is as likely as the other.

You're making it sound like it's easy as pie. Different story in there.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #39
chieftainduke
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Danny's dad spoils him. He's such a humble, respectful guy.

He doesn't even need Khan. He's beyond him and Khan doesn't even realise that fact.
chieftainduke is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #40
Gero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 470

Seems like a good kid.
Gero is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #41
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Khan wouldn't win a rematch. The reason why he got caught with that shot and the ones that led up to it aren't simplistic and easily avoided in a return. You have to look at the fact Amir never once stunned Danny with a punch. He was catching him, occupying him, winning a couple of rounds on handspeed which is absolutely expected in a Khan fight. But Khan has always, always been predictable with his offence. You don't have to be high on Garcia to realize the guy knows how to take a calculated risk and punch with you. It might not work on guys that are good boxer/movers with a chin, but its always a high probability he punches too hard and accurately for Amir on the counter.

Plus what happens if Khan gets into the later rounds ahead as the people would back him anticipate? He has a tendency to fade physically, gets a lil slower, punches weaker. He's going to get stalked all night, Danny is economical and strong, I would think he finishes strong.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #42
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

All I know is Garcia was ahead on points at time of stoppage.

Moaners gotta moan.
glue glove is online now  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #43
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Khan wouldn't win a rematch. The reason why he got caught with that shot and the ones that led up to it aren't simplistic and easily avoided in a return. You have to look at the fact Amir never once stunned Danny with a punch. He was catching him, occupying him, winning a couple of rounds on handspeed which is absolutely expected in a Khan fight. But Khan has always, always been predictable with his offence. You don't have to be high on Garcia to realize the guy knows how to take a calculated risk and punch with you. It might not work on guys that are good boxer/movers with a chin, but its always a high probability he punches too hard and accurately for Amir on the counter.

Plus what happens if Khan gets into the later rounds ahead as the people would back him anticipate? He has a tendency to fade physically, gets a lil slower, punches weaker. He's going to get stalked all night, Danny is economical and strong, I would think he finishes strong.
Did Amir Khan's decision and obsession with going to war, make the shot worse than it was..? By the last knock down he was actually and clearly in better shape than the first knock down. Amir Khan was caught with a big shot..? so ****ing what. He may be caught with big bombs in the future, but his decision to go to war! is what made the situation all the worse.

When David Haye is tagged, he gets on his bike.

There is no reason why Amir Khan cannot learn this, and put it into action.

I think he TKO's Danny Garcia next time out! and if he is caught with a big shot! he will get on his bike, and mess around.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #44
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post

You're making it sound like it's easy as pie. Different story in there.
it is easy, if he uses his brain.

Garcia is no killer.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #45
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

How do you think he TKO's Garcia, PK? I'm not sure Amir displayed much ability to hurt the guy when he was at his sharpest unless you noticed something I didn't, and he seems to decline in power rapidly, IMO. See Maidana fight where he landed a perfectly delivered body shot early, but his punching technique turns to shit when he tires and Maidana started walking through stuff more recklessly. I think there is decent evidence he punches well early but his power fades worse than most and he never really bothered Garcia by his power early.

Also, I think there were warning signs before Amir was even hurt, PK. He was catching a few left-hooks prior to the one that put him down. There were signs Garcia was slightly ad******g to the punches; basically as he said...he started to see them a little better and judge when he was able to throw with Khan and take a chance. It's always a chance when you exchange with a guy with better handspeed, but if you think you've got the ability to take his punches and he may not take yours its a worthwhile exchange and I think thats what we'd see more of.

It'd be difficult for Khan to fight a faultless 12 rounds. Plus as much as we talk about how Amir could improve his gameplan for the fight, we don't often talk about how it might actually have progressed. If Garcia can adjust that quickly whats to say he's not the stronger late when he has the full picture in front of him? Khan would have to use a lot of energy to implement this faultless movement based gameplan people suggest.
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum