Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #61
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Danny Garcia on Amir Khan's Speed

"If Garcia had got cut..."

If my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle!
Nipple is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #62
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
"If Garcia had got cut..."

If my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle!
Garcia WAS CUT.... over the right eye I think.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #63
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_Hook View Post
Stop talking rubbish, Khan won the 1st 2 rounds, thats it. Then ended up on his arse 3 times in the next 2 rounds.

Yes Garcia was starting to slip and time Khans punches. Do you think that left hook hook was just thrown out of the blue, that was not a lucky punch he had threw the same punch a good few times previously.

I could see your point of view if this was after a 11 round Khan shutout and Garcia landed a hail mary out of nowhere after doing nothing all fight. But lets face it thats not what happend AT ALL.
You seem angry

Do you not like Khan?
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #64
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
Garcia WAS CUT.... over the right eye I think.
And if you go back and watch Garcias dads body language in the corner between rounds, it wasn't confident at all

He certainly wasn't going "you've got him now Danny, you've got him where you want him!!!!"

you know, according to half on here, it was all going to plan, the timing was getting there, he was ad******g, all like planned.

Well why was Garcia's old man a nervous wreck in the corner then?
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #65
Check_Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I find it amazing people can judge if a fighter gets pulled out or not after 8 or 9 rounds of taking a peppering, Garcia was cut and getting marked up in 2 rounds, if the left did not land in the 3rd and Khan continued to win the rounds how bad would of been Garcia's face by the 9th 10th?, I mean from the outset Garcia ONLY had a punchers chance this guy was not going to outbox Khan, if Khan shortened to combos and stayed less in the pocket Garcia would of got outboxed all night and probs got stopped late when his face would of been cut up and in a bad way.

This kid not a real pressure fighter plus he moves slow around the ring, has to plant his feet to get his power hooks off, Khan needs to keep circling away from his left and this would be a straight forward win in the rematch.

People acting like the first left hook Garcia lands Khan be doing the dance don't be silly Garcia landed a few left hooks before he landed the well timed and placed on Khan's neck area which is a fact no one likes to discuss this big left landed on his neck not his chin , maybe this had an extra effect on Khan, it is sensitive area for sure.

I cant believe that you people are for real seriously, IF Garcia never landed that left, IF Garcia got cut, IF Khan clinched and held IF, IF IF IF.

The fact is Khan got stopped in 4 rounds, there is no ifs or buts about it. Theres no argument he was put down 3 times in the space of 3 minutes and rightly stopped.

People calling Garcia an average boxer have no clue, his all round game is much better than Khan's. I have no doubt in my mind the the outcome of a re-match would end the same although probably later on in the fight.

The ONLY think Khan has over Garcia is speed.
Check_Hook is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #66
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

For all we know Garcia could turn out to be Khan's Simon Brown. I'd like to see a rematch next year, win or lose I think Khan respects Danny a lot more and makes it a more competitive affair over a longer distance. Though I still think he eventually gets caught with a big counter and stopped again.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #67
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
And if you go back and watch Garcias dads body language in the corner between rounds, it wasn't confident at all

He certainly wasn't going "you've got him now Danny, you've got him where you want him!!!!"

you know, according to half on here, it was all going to plan, the timing was getting there, he was ad******g, all like planned.

Well why was Garcia's old man a nervous wreck in the corner then?
I thought there was a bit of panic in the corner end of the 2nd and Angel was not as you pointed out looking to confident, he saying something like 'you too wild man, come on man, Danny man lol
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #68
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
I find it amazing people can judge if a fighter gets pulled out or not after 8 or 9 rounds of taking a peppering, Garcia was cut and getting marked up in 2 rounds, if the left did not land in the 3rd and Khan continued to win the rounds how bad would of been Garcia's face by the 9th 10th?, I mean from the outset Garcia ONLY had a punchers chance this guy was not going to outbox Khan, if Khan shortened to combos and stayed less in the pocket Garcia would of got outboxed all night and probs got stopped late when his face would of been cut up and in a bad way.

This kid not a real pressure fighter plus he moves slow around the ring, has to plant his feet to get his power hooks off, Khan needs to keep circling away from his left and this would be a straight forward win in the rematch.

People acting like the first left hook Garcia lands Khan be doing the dance don't be silly Garcia landed a few left hooks before he landed the well timed and placed on Khan's neck area which is a fact no one likes to discuss this big left landed on his neck not his chin , maybe this had an extra effect on Khan, it is sensitive area for sure.
Darni, not sure this is logically consistent. Using your own explanations...

1) You explain 'if the left did not land in the 3rd' as if the possibility was remote based on the action.

2) Then you try to defend Khan's punch resistance in the context of this fight by explaining Garcia landed multiple punches before the defining one.

So which is true? Was the punch that hurt Khan so improbable and out of the blue or did Khan prove he had relative resistance by taking multiple shots?

If he did take multiple shots how do you reconcile these ideas? That short of the punch in the 3rd round that Khan outboxes him for 8 or 9 rounds and that Garcia's chance is a punchers one, which is something usually associated with a decent puncher landing an unlikely punch to win a fight when in your own analysis you explain he took more punches than one. If you accept that Khan took multiple shots, resulting in a catastrophic one, for me it would follow that Garcia could be said to have outboxed Khan if we consider that outboxing an opponent isn't simply as narrow a definition as stacking up points for a decision/accumulative stoppage but also for getting the better of an opponent in key facets of boxing in a clear cut style.

Ultimately it could just be said the proof was in the pudding, but I like the analytical approach and I'd be curious to know how you explain the inconsistencies between points 1 and 2.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #69
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_Hook View Post

I cant believe that you people are for real seriously, IF Garcia never landed that left, IF Garcia got cut, IF Khan clinched and held IF, IF IF IF.

The fact is Khan got stopped in 4 rounds, there is no ifs or buts about it. Theres no argument he was put down 3 times in the space of 3 minutes and rightly stopped.

People calling Garcia an average boxer have no clue, his all round game is much better than Khan's. I have no doubt in my mind the the outcome of a re-match would end the same although probably later on in the fight.

The ONLY think Khan has over Garcia is speed.
One punch can change a fight, Garcia took his PUNCHERS CHANCE, let's see if he can do it again.

I don't think so.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #70
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
One punch can change a fight, Garcia took his PUNCHERS CHANCE, let's see if he can do it again.

I don't think so.
Do all the other punches he landed count as a puncher's chance too? It seems he got, and took advantage, of a lot of chances!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #71
Check_Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think so.

What an idiot!
Check_Hook is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #72
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Darni, not sure this is logically consistent. Using your own explanations...

1) You explain 'if the left did not land in the 3rd' as if the possibility was remote based on the action.

2) Then you try to defend Khan's punch resistance in the context of this fight by explaining Garcia landed multiple punches before the defining one.

So which is true? Was the punch that hurt Khan so improbable and out of the blue or did Khan prove he had relative resistance by taking multiple shots?

If he did take multiple shots how do you reconcile these ideas? That short of the punch in the 3rd round that Khan outboxes him for 8 or 9 rounds and that Garcia's chance is a punchers one, which is something usually associated with a decent puncher landing an unlikely punch to win a fight when in your own analysis you explain he took more punches than one. If you accept that Khan took multiple shots, resulting in a catastrophic one, for me it would follow that Garcia could be said to have outboxed Khan if we consider that outboxing an opponent isn't simply as narrow a definition as stacking up points for a decision/accumulative stoppage but also for getting the better of an opponent in key facets of boxing in a clear cut style.

Ultimately it could just be said the proof was in the pudding, but I like the analytical approach and I'd be curious to know how you explain the inconsistencies between points 1 and 2.
Ok make it bit more clearer, based on the results of the first two rounds with the pattern it was setting early on in this fight and I am of course basing my opinion on the pattern which in those two rounds.

Clearly Khan won the first 2 rounds using fast 1 , 2 and even 3 or 4, now based on Garcia style he was never going to out land Khan with his output he likes to pick his shots, the only way he was going to win rounds if he hurts Khan and draws him in slows his work rate to win rounds over him.

He would have to hurt Khan bad to win rounds over him due to his style and footwork, now if Khan is not that bad he can still be in his senses and use his legs to get away like he don't vs Maidana and Peterson in some part, but Garcia is not a pressure fighter therefore his slow feet around the ring won't really help him.

He likes guys coming on to him I think if he has to chase he won't be that effective, he likes to throw with you and time you.

So cut it short Garcia only beats Khan if he KO him badly, if he hurts Khan in a exchange Khan can go on the backfoot and still outbox him.

So based on this its either Garcia stops Khan or Khan keeps winning the rounds.

First 2 rounds it was looking too easy for Khan to land, Garcia land landing some body shots but nothing to claim he won the first 2.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #73
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Do all the other punches he landed count as a puncher's chance too? It seems he got, and took advantage, of a lot of chances!
Did them punches hurt or change the course of the fight?
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #74
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan was winning the first two rounds but he was also getting clipped from the first and when you have a vulnerable chin like Khan's that is always going to be dangerous.

I remember thinking from the first round that Khan was probably winning the rounds but that he would hit the canvas at some point, in a rematch, even if he boxes and moves behind the jab, at some stage Garcia will get more desperate and start to unload on him.

He knows he can hurt Khan so he'll be looking to land the power shots, Khan likes to get involved when he fights and trade so unless he can remain extremely disciplined and steer clear of any bombs for the full 12 rounds it is extremely plausible that Garcia stops him again. If I was Garcia fighting a rematch I would try and get right on Khan's chest like Peterson did and not let him fight at range and rough him up on the inside trying to land hooks and uppercuts.

We've seen Khan beaten before then come back and seem slightly improved and a bit tighter defensively only to fight like an absolute doughnut again when it matters. I don't see why this should be any different this time around, Virgil Hunter has got him too late to change him that much.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #75
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
Khan was winning the first two rounds but he was also getting clipped from the first and when you have a vulnerable chin like Khan's that is always going to be dangerous.

I remember thinking from the first round that Khan was probably winning the rounds but that he would hit the canvas at some point, in a rematch, even if he boxes and moves behind the jab, at some stage Garcia will get more desperate and start to unload on him.

He knows he can hurt Khan so he'll be looking to land the power shots, Khan likes to get involved when he fights and trade so unless he can remain extremely disciplined and steer clear of any bombs for the full 12 rounds it is extremely plausible that Garcia stops him again. If I was Garcia fighting a rematch I would try and get right on Khan's chest like Peterson did and not let him fight at range and rough him up on the inside trying to land hooks and uppercuts.

We've seen Khan beaten before then come back and seem slightly improved and a bit tighter defensively only to fight like an absolute doughnut again when it matters. I don't see why this should be any different this time around, Virgil Hunter has got him too late to change him that much.
How many times can a guy **** up?

Khan knows he can't make them mistakes again, if he has any sense he will not fight Garcia the same way, I think that's with or without Hunter factor too.
Darni187 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum