Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664
Default Re: Chris John vs. Orlando Salido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I'd favor Salido. He's getting on in age but I expect him to be too savvy and relentless for Garcia, and likewise for John.
Too relentless for John at this stage? Maybe. But, Salido too savvy for John? I can't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
yeah lets pretend chris john grows some balls and fights someone who actually can fight
He has, as recently as 2012.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #17
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894
Default Re: Chris John vs. Orlando Salido

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funny Man 7 View Post
I favor Salido over Garcia by a small margin. But if Garcia wins I think there's an excellent chance he'll get the chance to deflower John's undefeated record. HBO has been putting a lot of muscle into publicizing Mikey and I think they'd be willing to put up the cash to make it worth John's time to come to fight for the title.

Whoever wins the Salido-Garcia fight will have a ton of lucrative and compelling fights to move on to. The featherweight division has a lot of good fighters, with Ponce, Dib, Juanma, Caballero, Yordan, and Gonzalez milling around in the top 10.

I'm just curious, does anyone know if the Salido-Garcia winner will be Ring Magazine champ?

I would honestly be shocked if HBO put up money for John to come over here to fight Garcia.

I think between the two Salido has the best chance at making it happen because
1) he's made it known its a fight he wants
2) Neither HBO or Showtime are all that invested in him, they've used him for B-side (and that has gone wrong from time to time) and at 32 I doubt they really start even if he beats Mikey.
3) His career came from humble beginnings, I think if John's team made a credible offer he'd be willing to travel....and likewise, maybe if Salido's team makes John a credible offer, maybe John will travel (he's fought in Japan, Australia, and the US....maybe he'd fight in Mexico?).

Having said that, even though Salido wants a John fight I don't think he'd bend all the way over to make it happen.

I can always hope.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum