boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #31
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: What aspect(s) should JDS most improve on?

I agree latin.

He also needs to walk people into his right hand like Hopkins does to plodders like Cain.

I kept yelling for him to walk the mother ****in into a right hand, but he seemed clueless on what to do.

The dude needs to spar real pro boxers. He needs to get some real sparring in. He has to learn more parts of the game.

Although, I don't know if JDS would wipe the floor with Klitschko. Not if he tries to stand with him, and he may be dumb enough to try and do it.

If he wrestles though, of course...Klitschko doesn't know **** about wrestling. That would involve him having to pay a man to wrap his legs around him. I know Klitschko got naked with his brother, but payin a man to wrap his legs around you is gay as a mother ****er.
ROACH is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #32
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
I agree latin.

He also needs to walk people into his right hand like Hopkins does to plodders like Cain.

I kept yelling for him to walk the mother ****in into a right hand, but he seemed clueless on what to do.

The dude needs to spar real pro boxers. He needs to get some real sparring in. He has to learn more parts of the game.

Although, I don't know if JDS would wipe the floor with Klitschko. Not if he tries to stand with him, and he may be dumb enough to try and do it.

If he wrestles though, of course...Klitschko doesn't know **** about wrestling. That would involve him having to pay a man to wrap his legs around him. I know Klitschko got naked with his brother, but payin a man to wrap his legs around you is gay as a mother ****er.
Who the **** is this bellend?
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
tri-pod
Balls
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
JDS looked to me like the BOXER that believed his BOXING was SUPERIOUR tonite rather than FOCUSING on SUPERIOUR boxing. Cain comes with ENERGY and aggression. To combat that one must CRANK up the energy and aggression one uses to defend against such pressure. First, a JAB, JDS has a decent jab, a jab has one problem, not much POWER, thus not many use it. The JAB is however, not a POWER punch, its a SET UP punch. Its a punch that is quick but WEAK and thus can be useless, UNLESS its used intentionally as a WEAK punch that is fairly useless for inflicting forceful lasting damage but VERY effective at inflicting TACTICAL advantage when used in combination with ones other skills. Every boxer that has ever tried to use handspeed to connect with power shots without setting them up will eventually run into a fighter that can time them and keep ducking out of the way. Tyson in his early days threw lots of JABs with raging quick side to side head movement BEFORE he would come with the BIG SHOTs. Tyson over time simply stopped doing this as its exhausting, attempting to rely on his awesome power alone. This is what i felt JDS was doing, trying to rely on his awesome power and great handspeed ALONE with CAIN. Does not matter how great ones power and handspeed are if they are up against a opponent that is FIGHTING a game plan whereby they accept that the one they are fighting has FASTER HANDs and more POP in his punches. Cain came to fight focused on not allowing JDS to clip him with a HUGE SHOT. JDS came to fight looking to clip CAIN with a HUGE SHOT. JDS should of came tonite expecting NOT to be lucky enough to catch CAIN with a HUGE SHOT and instead focused on using his hand speed to keep landing lots of super quick accurate punches on Cain without so much POWER. WHY? Well assuming that JDS survives the clinches, take downs and exchanges each time he survived these exchanges CAIN rather than gaining STEAM knowing that JDS's timing is so far OFF, well over time Cain begins to get used to JDS's timing being ON as well as getting used to WALKING threw JDS's weaker quick accurate shots. Once this scenario begins to unfold then JDS is in the position whereby he can SLOWLY begin to PICK his MOMENTs and gradually LOAD up a little more here and there not trying to knock Cain out but trying to WIN rounds. When i used to box this was about the only time i ever ended up knocking other guys out accidently, lol. Whenever, i would knock a guy out like this the very next fight i had i always wanted to SKIP the PROCESS and just start throwing the POWER SHOTs that i got a knock out with. Whenever i skipped this process however, it was all but impossible for me to get a knockout. When i spent a round trying to land a huge power shot myy coach would always look at me coming back to my corner saying, "were you trying to win the round or the fight?" , When he said that to me it was a INSULT, lol, he only said it when he was UPSET with me and thus when he would say it he was telling me that i WASTED a round trying to LAND a huge shot when i could of landed lots of smaller shots and been in better position the next round to crank up the power just a little to land some bigger shots. As well as wasting a round allowing my OPPONENT to have SUCCESS timing my HUGE SHOTs that kept on missing. The more huge shots that one throw's that MISS the more confidence one's opponent will become. Most fighters including myself will on instinct get CAUGHT in a mental trap whereby when their OPPONENT keeps having success timing your big shots one by nature desires more and more to LAND a HUGE SHOT. Worst way to go about messing up your opponents TIMING is to just keep trying harder to land a HUGE SHOT. They already figured it out so why throw harder when POWER isnt the PROBLEM in the first place as accuracy and connecting was the problem in the first place.

So in short what do i think JDS should work on to become better ?

His boxing.

Not to become a better boxer, to become a better MMA fighter.

By the way, dont label me as a BOXER over MMA as i am not, I love my boxing as well i love my MMA, i feel that JDS would wipe the floor with Vlad Klit in a MMA ring and rules and Vlad Klit would wipe the floor with JDS in a BOXING RING and rules. I think BOXING SKILLs are AWESOME when applied to MMA fights, I think if BOXING type SKILLs are the only skills applied to a MMA fight the boxer is in BIG TROUBLE. I simply feel that MMA fighters with awesome boxing skills are way more dangerous than MMA fighters without BOXING type skills.
Paragraphs, mother****er. No need to be afraid of them.
tri-pod is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #34
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

pivot steps and counters for rushes..while maintaing his foot postion for a sprawl
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #35
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
I agree latin.

Isn't mother ****ing an inherently straight practice?
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #36
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I don't think JDS should even think about BJJ or a good guard at this point.. His scrambling was so damned good that Cain had trouble getting, and keeping him down even late in the fight. He's got the sort of power where, he stands up and **** falls off of him. He has some re**** strength, making a guy with a wrestling background look physically weak? That's right I'm saying it, he made Cain look weak, or at least not very powerful in so far as his ability to keep JDS down and control him the same way he's controlled everyone on the ground. I expected him to get him on his pack and pound him JDS out, but JDS is such a ****ing stud, and so god damned strong a world class wrestler, who spent a year training to keep him down struggled to do so. Guy's a ****ing stud! He totally surprised me, I thought he would get pounded out for sure after seeing what Cain did to Bigfoot.

I think the best thing JDS could do right now is work with John Hackleman. I don't think there's a better guy around to train someone with JDS' natural abilities and striking. Kind of scary to think how good he could still get. If he makes this move, I don't know if I'd favor Cain in the next rematch. Could you imagine that? JDS with actual style? Haha
Koa is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #37
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

His mental strength, seriously...After that first round I think his confidence was totally gone.....I felt that he wasn´t thinking anymore because of the shock when Cain started to get the better of the stand up.....more than anything because his confidence was broken....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #38
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliSlamusrex View Post
Game plan. When it was obvious that Cain was going to use wrestling he should have made sure he didn't go to the ground.

That's exactly what he did. He got up off of his back easily and stuffed plenty of takedowns early in the fight.

IMO he needs to improve his transition game and look to do more damage in the scramble instead of just backing off to create distance. Cain put himself in a few really bad positions after he missed some poorly set up takedowns before he caught Junior with that big punch. I recall Cain, in one instance, flailing at Junior's legs and ending up face down on the canvass. Instead of pouncing on Cain, Junior backed off and let him get back to his feet.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #39
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
It worked well till now. Junior has always scrambled well when taken down, maintained the distance he likes to throw his shots at and kept his back off the cage.

All was going to plan until Cain hit him. Cain moved his head better than in the first fight and was relentless in his takedown attempts, he made the adjustments needed

Now it's Juniors turn, he will respect Cain's hands a bit more and maybe keep his hands up in the rubber match
And that pretty much covers it
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #40
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
It worked well till now. Junior has always scrambled well when taken down, maintained the distance he likes to throw his shots at and kept his back off the cage.

All was going to plan until Cain hit him. Cain moved his head better than in the first fight and was relentless in his takedown attempts, he made the adjustments needed

Now it's Juniors turn, he will respect Cain's hands a bit more and maybe keep his hands up in the rubber match

Cain managed to hurt him badly and completely take away his confidence early on. Apart from being hurt and weakened, JDS never had any confidence after that point.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #41
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 785

Lateral movement. He boxes in and out on a straight line -- he leaves his lead leg out (albeit, most likely on purpose, to sprawl to the cage).
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #42
Changfoo
Titanium
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 891

He needs a chin operation!
Changfoo is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #43
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changfoo View Post
He needs a chin operation!
To get a glassjaw?
greathamza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum