Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #31
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Something has happened with Mike Goldberg, and it's not looking good for him.

i would like to see rogan, and kenny florian. i like when kenflo did it in the WEC
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #32
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Something has happened with Mike Goldberg, and it's not looking good for him.

So what happened? He's a pill junkie?
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #33
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4 View Post
So what happened? He's a pill junkie?
Seems to be the most accepted rumour.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #34
Bigg Panch
The Dopest
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Mike Goldberg a pill junkie? Have we seen the last of him in the booth?

Im not buying it
First they said it was energy drinks, then they upped it to pills
Buuuuuuuuuuuullshit
Bigg Panch is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #35
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_forrest_g View Post
i would like to see rogan, and kenny florian. i like when kenflo did it in the WEC

kenny is great. he has the ability to convey the excitment of the moment without the yelling and screaming
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #36
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
kenny is great. he has the ability to convey the excitment of the moment without the yelling and screaming
This is true, and he is the wisest choice. These commentators are painting a picture for the fans. Leave Jon Anik in studio. I believe Kenny and Rogan did UFC Rio last year.

I really hope Goldie is happy in the end and better because of it, the man delivers.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #37
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Mike Goldberg a pill junkie? Have we seen the last of him in the booth?

I like Kenflo or Mir. I think it is good to have a fighter in the booth.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Florian makes a good commentator with a technical perspective and inside knowledge of fighters.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #39
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
Florian makes a good commentator with a technical perspective and inside knowledge of fighters.
Yeah he does. Has the "regular-guy" touch as well.

Mir could be a good commentator, but he's too arrogant. Even though he is extremely articulate, obviously intelligent, really knows his shit and can be damned funny, the arrogance just oozes off of him. Plus I doubt he'd be up for the role full-time, as with the travel and obligations it strikes me as being quite a lot more demanding than the rich-as-hell Mir probably wants.

Rashad could be a good commentator too, but he's a little flashy. He'd be a better studio guy I reckon. He strikes me as a really good ex-fighter for having a media type say "Former LHW champion Rashad Evans - how do you break this one down?" type of guy.

Florian is definitely the best of them. His voice isn't annoying, he's definitely an expert, he doesn't get carried away, isn't in love with himself and he's relateable as an everyday type of guy.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #40
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Stephan Bonnar was solid during that last WEC card, but he has become a bit of a joke as of late.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #41
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Stephan Bonnar was solid during that last WEC card, but he has become a bit of a joke as of late.
Yep. The second positive roids test killed him in that regard I think. If it weren't for that, he would have been pretty good. He has the ability to laugh at himself, and he always came across as a good guy who is smarter and more insightful than he first appears.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #42
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Definitely, I don't know how he show himself out there, he probably get a handful of veggies thrown at him like in the cartoons.

I believe Goldie said he hopes to be back for UFC on FOX later this month.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #43
davidwatts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i liked it when couture helped out on the commentary in the past. he is knowledgable and has a good sounding voice, don't like florian at all.
davidwatts is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #44
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwatts View Post
i liked it when couture helped out on the commentary in the past. he is knowledgable and has a good sounding voice, don't like florian at all.
Kenny Florian has come a long way, and Randy Couture was excellent in the past. Randy is one they need to take OUT of studio

But, Goldie is Golden. If he never returns, then I don't know.... It will be a huge loss. We are at a loss already.

I remember him saying something like "Lesnar, all over the place!!" during UFC 121 On second thought I think it was "Lesnar! Spinning outta control!!"

Many Octagon moments, for example "He front kicked him in the face!!"
Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #45
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post

I remember him saying something like "Lesnar, all over the place!!" during UFC 121 On second thought I think it was "Lesnar! Spinning outta control!!"
I remember that

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum