Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Do you think Wladimir Klitschko won't be the same fighter now, after Steward's death?

Do you think he can maintain the same confidence in a big fight without Steward's calming influence? I mean, Jonathan Banks is no Manny Steward.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Do you think Wladimir Klitschko won't be the same fighter now, after Steward's de

I don't think confidence enters into it much. The question when something like this happens for me is more a strategical one. I think Klitschko has a certain confidence in who he is/is supposed to be in there, and is as technically polished as he can get, mastered his style. But Steward's constant strategy input is another matter which has nothing to do with teaching boxing in general at this stage of Volo's career, and has nothing to do with Volo's usual highly disciplined lifestyle, but observation from a master about his upcoming opponents and how to deal with them the most effectively. There are some decent fighters out there that bring very different styles, like Povetkin and Pulev.

Steward's input may prove it was, even after so long, invaluable the next time Volo gets in the ring with someone like that, better fighters than the Wachs of the world. Just the same, Volo's a determined and intelligent man in his own right and Banks may not be any Steward, but he's a bright guy too. They should work everything out alright. Just the same, Volo's had a tough 2011-2012, losing Steward and the old man both. It shows you what a consummate professional he is that he's not been derailed by either loss against some complete surprise guy like Wach or Thompson-it's often the least expected man to get the job done and catch you at the right time or with just the right thing.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Platonist
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400
Default Re: Do you think Wladimir Klitschko won't be the same fighter now, after Steward's de

If from now on he fights like he did against Wach he gets knocked out by quite a handful of the worlds top HWs.
Platonist is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

if he has a tough fight Steward would have been very important, but Vlad has a lot of experience and he is not having many tough fights. He should make it through ok.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1403

Wach landed that right hand on Wlad and Wlad went into panic mode for a few seconds like he does. I think if he gets in a firefight where someone can land several shots on him and keep the pressure up, he could mentally fall apart......especially without Steward there to hold his hand.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #6
Sugar Nick
He's A Good Boy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I love Wlad great guy but I feel like he already regressed in his first fight without Manny.

Like Tyson leaving Rooney. It doesn't take long and it might not be evident right away but the seams open up and slowly...

I thought he regressed.
Sugar Nick is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #7
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
if he has a tough fight Steward would have been very important, but Vlad has a lot of experience and he is not having many tough fights. He should make it through ok.

Emanuel Steward is with Wlad when he is fighting. He is in his heart and therefore Wlad will continue winning.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #8
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

The rest of the division stinks or lacks the experience to Cause Wlad any problems in the near future. If anything I think Wlad will start opening up more on his overmatched opponents. At least I hope so.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #9
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I don't think confidence enters into it much. The question when something like this happens for me is more a strategical one. I think Klitschko has a certain confidence in who he is/is supposed to be in there, and is as technically polished as he can get, mastered his style. But Steward's constant strategy input is another matter which has nothing to do with teaching boxing in general at this stage of Volo's career, and has nothing to do with Volo's usual highly disciplined lifestyle, but observation from a master about his upcoming opponents and how to deal with them the most effectively. There are some decent fighters out there that bring very different styles, like Povetkin and Pulev.

Steward's input may prove it was, even after so long, invaluable the next time Volo gets in the ring with someone like that, better fighters than the Wachs of the world. Just the same, Volo's a determined and intelligent man in his own right and Banks may not be any Steward, but he's a bright guy too. They should work everything out alright. Just the same, Volo's had a tough 2011-2012, losing Steward and the old man both. It shows you what a consummate professional he is that he's not been derailed by either loss against some complete surprise guy like Wach or Thompson-it's often the least expected man to get the job done and catch you at the right time or with just the right thing.
Good post, agreed on all points. It will be interesting to see how he compensates for the lack of an expert pair of eyes on the outside.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post

great post
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
Wach landed that right hand on Wlad and Wlad went into panic mode for a few seconds like he does. I think if he gets in a firefight where someone can land several shots on him and keep the pressure up, he could mentally fall apart......especially without Steward there to hold his hand.
tripe
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #12
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2964

He will do about as well as Floyd without Roger.

Wlad has learned enough to continue on his own.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #13
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Can't see how it can make him stronger. I was somewhat surprised he took the Wach fight on considering the timing. If he had of been fighting a serious fighter like Povetkin I doubt it would have took place.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #14
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5526

I think there won't be much difference at all.
Maybe strategy wise like mentioned, but not technically not much.

No matter how good manny was for Wlad's development into the dominating force he is today, I think Wlad can actually benefit from another trainer at this time in his career who teaches him to trow bodyshots against opponents his size for example. Because quite a few of the guys coming up are as big or even bigger as him at the moment.
Robney is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum