boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Should Fights Got 1 Fight w/ Eachother Before the main Match
Yes b/c I feel it would add strategy and tention 6 21.43%
No because fightesr that lose in the rehearsal might be even less confident 19 67.86%
Neutral - I need 2 see more data b4 I pay for this vote thx 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Should Fighters Get 1 Rehearsal w/ Eachother Before Their Pro Match?

by fighters i'mtalking about boxers - Should 2 fighters who re contracted to fight should they b able to have 1 practic or "rehearsal fight" before it'the main fight ath counts?

I'm talking about A commision sanctioned practice fight - only trainers and promoters can watch no entourage - they can fight w/ headgear or not - BUT

BUT the BIG ADVANTAGE i think this has is it will make every fight more suspensful - beca/ you know that the fighters think they've figured eachother out already, they can try new tactics - it scould change the tide and de isions of many fights in history - imagine if Alie fought Foreman once before the main fight - what who would it have won this time?

Let me know your thoughts - if this thread gets enough views may be boixing wolrd will still to pay attention - WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE - just look Fast Eddie Floyd just joined the forums - boxers read thsi and it do matter I think - god bless and thank u
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
jeromejones
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Fighters Get 1 Rehearsal w/ Eachother Before Their Pro Match?

no it would remove a big dynamic of a fight.. that uncertainty of whats going to transpire.. for both fans and fighter.. fans in the sense that they know these two fighters have had a feel for one another and will adjust accordingly in the real thing...

having closed initial spars also leave the whole story of the fight incomplete for viewers.

I can imagine alot of fights will be canned after fighrers dont perform in their rehearsal and decide to duck out..
jeromejones is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Should Fighters Get 1 Rehearsal w/ Eachother Before Their Pro Match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromejones View Post
no it would remove a big dynamic of a fight.. that uncertainty of whats going to transpire.. I can imagine alot of fights will be canned after fighrers dont perform in their rehearsal and decide to duck out..
disagree - one stipulation I forgot 2 add is that the trainers, fighters & anyone rpresent signs an NDA and they cannot comment on the outcome of the rehearsal, only that the rehearsal transpired or happened or did

u wouldn't know - and I think the fighting spirit comes out in boxers and ieven if u get dominated u wouls d still want 2 try ur best - it' called "never giving up" learn about it sometime chump
Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of in my life, holy christ
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
jeromejones
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttkeRuiz View Post
disagree - one stipulation I forgot 2 add is that the trainers, fighters & anyone rpresent signs an NDA and they cannot comment on the outcome of the rehearsal, only that the rehearsal transpired or happened or did

u wouldn't know - and I think the fighting spirit comes out in boxers and ieven if u get dominated u wouls d still want 2 try ur best - it' called "never giving up" learn about it sometime chump

i edited my initial post with further reasons..

ortiz against maidana,
lucian bute against froch
hamed vs barrera
rios vs abril
tyson vs spinks
guerrero vs berto

on top of my head

Many of these fights would be in danger as a result of your proposition.

thats whats tantalising sometimes about a fight.

a silver spooned coddled fighter or someone completely out of their element not knowing whats in front of them.

imagine how dull the story of tyson vs buster douglas would be if they had an initial spar and what not.. it takes away from that night of the actual fight and the magic of that event..
jeromejones is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of in my life, holy christ
Yeah, one more chance of injury to bust up a multi-million dollar production. TS is about as re****ed as it gets.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
Norbix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What the **** kind of re****ed stupid ridiculous... LOL
Norbix is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromejones View Post
i edited my initial post with further reasons..

ortiz against maidana,
lucian bute against froch
hamed vs barrera
rios vs abril
tyson vs spinks
guerrero vs berto

on top of my head

Many of these fights would be in danger as a result of your proposition.

thats whats tantalising sometimes about a fight.

a silver spooned coddled fighter or someone completely out of their element not knowing whats in front of them.

imagine how dull the story of tyson vs buster douglas would be if they had an initial spar and what not.. it takes away from that night of the actual fight and the magic of that event..
reread what I put man - those fights r not in jeapoardy - just because you beat someone the first time doesn't mean u beat thema second even a blowout - when that happens u gotta re-evaluate urself pretty quick - in my imagination these rehearsals wuld take place 2 weeks before tha mian fight - that means u have 2 weeks 2 get ur ass in gear - I think this is what boxing neeeds, more suspsense, what ur advocating is more of the same old status quo - thin kabout it , u hapy wi how boxing is going now? thoughs to so chump
Old 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i notice many of u comment but no vote - THERE IS A POLE people - chek it out - the more numbers we have, the more proof we hvve to submit this case 2 the boxing organizations - we need to tell them whether this is effective or not - no amtter the , let's vote everyone
Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Yeah, one more chance of injury to bust up a multi-million dollar production. TS is about as re****ed as it gets.
ur a dumbas man - they would not get too hurt in rehearsal, they could where headgear - iv'e considered it - also if everyone knows they have 2 weeks of bad blood and anger boiling up - that means more people are going to watch the fight - more suspense equals more dollars

think about this smartass - football hass the preseason or exhibition games - nobody faults them for that and it's a good way 2 feel out the season - wht I'm propsing is like a pre-season for EACH FIGHT! i think it would add a lot more commentary2 the situation as well - u can't see this b/c u have a simple brain, but it's the truth - long term strategy
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
Smashgar
McMustache Nuthugger
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 356

****ing re****ed.
Smashgar is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttkeRuiz View Post
ur a dumbas man - they would not get too hurt in rehearsal, they could where headgear - iv'e considered it - also if everyone knows they have 2 weeks of bad blood and anger boiling up - that means more people are going to watch the fight - more suspense equals more dollars

think about this smartass - football hass the preseason or exhibition games - nobody faults them for that and it's a good way 2 feel out the season - wht I'm propsing is like a pre-season for EACH FIGHT! i think it would add a lot more commentary2 the situation as well - u can't see this b/c u have a simple brain, but it's the truth - long term strategy
You are re****ed. Why isn't Pavlik/Ward happening? OH that's right, Ward got hurt in training.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
BOXING DON
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

This guy must be STILL drunk from xmas. Boxing is not a damn REALITY show, that's what they had that CONTENDER **** for, I think this guy's just lonely.
BOXING DON is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Gotta be a troll thread. No one is this ****ing stupid without trying.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Hell to the no. They can have rematches and watch tape for all that. The suspense of a first encounter is part of the magic.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum