Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone else got a feeling Thompson does Price

"HE'S GETTING STOPPED SOON! HE'S GETTING STOPPED SOON! HIS NAME IS DAVID PRICE AND HE'S GETTING STOPPED SOON!"

Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Looking at some of Thompson more recent fights , he still has more left than I though .

Obviously Wlad was able to negate him, but price isn't Wlad, not even close

I'm sure Thompson can land on those dodgy whiskers and put price away
We've all witnessed the time in which a corn has been placed on the furniture of tulip haven and hearth stock and home Swedish meatball factor for one shown as brightly tree hog billiard toupee auxiliary billiard hatch porthole in said Mavis of beacon amplitude perimeter judgment meter wise greenhouse milking to Dave your milks auntie doctor pillory. Yore family has eloped the steeple spire and chases impregnable whimsy?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #18
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Emanuel Steward on Thompson Wlad 2.

Quote:
"I think that Tony Thompson of all the guys that we have fought in title fights as champion, believe it or not he was most difficult. We had to lay out four different strategies until we found out the one. We couldn’t even lay out a strategy. That only happened with Thompson and with Eddie Chambers.

Thompson was by far the most difficult because of his size, he’s left-handed, he’s extremely relaxed, it’s very difficult to hurt him, we couldn’t really penetrate him with jabs, the only fighter that Wladimir couldn’t hit with jabs. When you hit him with right hands he rolls his body back where you don’t really get the full impact. He takes the steam out of the punch and then he walks you down, and he’s a little awkward the way he punches, just awkward enough to get you out of your rhythm. So right now I’m quite sure with the momentum that’s going on in his little DC area with Seth Mitchell and Peterson, so he’s probably on a good emotional high right now trying to keep up with the winning spirit that going on there. So I think he’s going to be a very difficult opponent, but I think Wladimir has improved a lot and been more active. We realize some of the mistakes we made early in the fight, so we’re going to start off in a different manner this time and not start off so fast.

I think Wladimir will win again, but Thompson is the one fighter who worries me even though everyone is saying it’s a rematch and we beat the guy before. But I never even wanted the first fight with Thompson, so definitely we don’t want the second fight. Wladimir has the same type of respect and is a little apprehensive going into this fight also.” On whether he would have imagined that almost 4 years later to the day that Wladimir and Thompson would be fighting again: “Yes and no. I realized that Thompson, outside of Wladimir, could beat almost all of the other heavyweights, and as it turned out that’s what has happened. So we’re once again looking at him. I would say four years ago I was hoping that I would never have to see him again. I can see that! But here he is and we’re just going to have to deal with it.”

Last edited by Manning; 02-23-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Emanuel Steward on Thompson Wlad 2.
He was just being nice.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #20
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Manny also mentioned after II fight that Thompson body was showing signs of age as he couldn't get rid of weight around middrift..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum