Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #16
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: What could Leonard done to win his fight with Duran? Fought his fight instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
Don't know if he could have done anything. He should have tried to be more mobile early on, though, giving more angles - like he usually did. He was more static and way more stiffer in the opening rounds than he usually was. Duran had something do with that, of course. So it's hard to say.

He didn't look like his usual self, but then he'd never faced someone like Duran before.
he needed to fight Duran and realize that fighting his fight is important with the top guys. That not everyone can be beat with intensity and wilpower. He learned the full game after the first Duran fight.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: What could Leonard done to win his fight with Duran? Fought his fight instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
he needed to fight Duran and realize that fighting his fight is important with the top guys. That not everyone can be beat with intensity and wilpower. He learned the full game after the first Duran fight.
See thread starter, look what you've gone and done now. I hope you're proud of yourself.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
See thread starter, look what you've gone and done now. I hope you're proud of yourself.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Yeah, my passion has been effectively killed thanks to this place. There is not a more played out topic, Period. That goes for the entire Fab 4.

At least Dempsey-Wills threads still get people hurling insults at eachother and foaming at the mouth. (Over something a minscule number of people on the planet give a **** about)

This shit? It's boring.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Who was your favorite between Briscoe, Monroe, Hart and Watts?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Who was your favorite between Briscoe, Monroe, Hart and Watts?
Willie the Worm is my all time favorite boxer...probably followed by Watt's, Briscoe/Cyclone if those are the 4 candidates.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
VG_Addict
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
It may sound crazy but I believe Dino, OMGWTF, TheSouthpaw, KuRuPT, VG_Addict, and some others are not new to ESB but have newer accounts so that they can rehash old arguments, troll for or against certain fighters and post seemingly innocent threads that they know are dredged-up, long-time arguments here, for the sake of humouring themselves. CALL ME CRAZY. Call me paranoid. Call me even one noid. But that's what I'm thinking. There's been quite a growth spurt in these accounts chiming in on classic and now they're really starting to make up a decent percentage of the discussion I've been seeing. But, I wish them well.
I can't speak for the others you mentioned, but I joined this site this year.
VG_Addict is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #23
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Willie the Worm is my all time favorite boxer...probably followed by Watt's, Briscoe/Cyclone if those are the 4 candidates.
i've seen almost none of the worm...any readily available fights i should check out?

seen a tiny bit of watt's but same question for him...

briscoe and hart are awesome. solid guys, good fundamentals and hit you with the intention of breaking your ****ing head open
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Hart could hurt like hell. Fairly influential in bringing out one of the better examples of Hagler's ability to box off the backfoot.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict

box box box
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I won't comment too much don't worry. But I do think Leonard was the variable and always was absolutely 100 percent. When they fought I was 15. I remember thinking wow so many excuses for Duran. If one excuse like the steak and gallon of water for Duran's stomach ache as the immediate problem for quitting in round 8, then they say he didn't train to explain why he could not compete at all. No credit was given for Ray who absolutely fought a different fight. If you compare the first and second fights Ray's foot movement is totally different as was his gameplan. Duran's was not. That is why I say Ray was the variable. And he did it in two fights post June of 1980, one fight 9 years later.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
I won't comment too much don't worry. But I do think Leonard was the variable and always was absolutely 100 percent. When they fought I was 15. I remember thinking wow so many excuses for Duran. If one excuse like the steak and gallon of water for Duran's stomach ache as the immediate problem for quitting in round 8, then they say he didn't train to explain why he could not compete at all. No credit was given for Ray who absolutely fought a different fight. If you compare the first and second fights Ray's foot movement is totally different as was his gameplan. Duran's was not. That is why I say Ray was the variable. And he did it in two fights post June of 1980, one fight 9 years later.
You don't allow yourself to see a difference in Duran, and thus your song never changes.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #28
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:

The Worm!!!..Did you ever find him Philly?
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #29
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Leonard was ALWAYS 100%...
Old 12-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #30
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Hart could hurt like hell. Fairly influential in bringing out one of the better examples of Hagler's ability to box off the backfoot.
And switch from right handed to Southpaw...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum