What a fight this one was!
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Those were the Day's.!!!!!

Up there with the most Brutal fights I have ever seen.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #4
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

Makes the last round of Martinez vs JCC Jr look tame.
kas117 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Makes the last round of Martinez vs JCC Jr look tame.
Yep dont think I have seen a First round like it ever,for the record Hagler knocked Hearns out round 3,I suppose something had to give.!!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistsof steel View Post
Yep dont think I have seen a First round like it ever,for the record Hagler knocked Hearns out round 3,I suppose something had to give.!!!!
Most people rate this the best 3 rounds of a fight ever seen. Brutal I have watch it over & over.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #7
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Most people rate this the best 3 rounds of a fight ever seen. Brutal I have watch it over & over.
Would have loved to have been there,the atmosphere would have been incredible.!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Mate some fighters these days don't put that much effort during 3 twelve rounders , then you get complete and utter cunts coming on here trying to tell us today's fighters would muller any fighter of yesteryear because humans improve with every passing generation . **** me If that was true after watching that again today our next champion will be a cross between robo ****ing cop and the terminator .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Mate some fighters these days don't put that much effort during 3 twelve rounders , then you get complete and utter cunts coming on here trying to tell us today's fighters would muller any fighter of yesteryear because humans improve with every passing generation . **** me If that was true after watching that again today our next champion will be a cross between robo ****ing cop and the terminator .
All the talk about Ducking around at the moment,reckon there would be some Middleweights running for cover if these 2 were still around.!!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #10
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Today's so called champs would probably be found on mass in Patagonia herding cattle .
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #11
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #12
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Would have loved to have been there,the atmosphere would have been incredible.!!!
Me too!
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #13
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
It would have been wild, just like the fight.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #14
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Today's so called champs would probably be found on mass in Patagonia herding cattle .
Yep josey it was mainly about that elusive World Title belt years ago and the prestige that went with it,sure Money had a huge beaing also but to put that magnificent world Title belt around your waist and realise that you are the best in the World must have been a huge incentive,turn the clock forward to now,World Title belts are like Arse Holes every one has one,and that is the reason we see them Cherry Picking there fights and Manipulating there careers in the process.!!

May never see the likes of the era I grew up with when there was no where to run and no where to hide,but I feel fortunate to have witnessed a time where the best fought the best and if you had a World Title belt you were a wanted Man.
When there was only one belt up for grabs and you had all the great Fighters from each division wanted the same thing it was a recipe for Legends to be made,and Boy they did not let Us down wish it would go back to the way it was,My Kid's would love it.!!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yep josey it was mainly about that elusive World Title belt years ago and the prestige that went with it,sure Money had a huge beaing also but to put that magnificent world Title belt around your waist and realise that you are the best in the World must have been a huge incentive,turn the clock forward to now,World Title belts are like Arse Holes every one has one,and that is the reason we see them Cherry Picking there fights and Manipulating there careers in the process.!!

May never see the likes of the era I grew up with when there was no where to run and no where to hide,but I feel fortunate to have witnessed a time where the best fought the best and if you had a World Title belt you were a wanted Man.
When there was only one belt up for grabs and you had all the great Fighters from each division wanted the same thing it was a recipe for Legends to be made,and Boy they did not let Us down wish it would go back to the way it was,My Kid's would love it.!!!!
Great post FOS you continue to educate your children by showing them these fights and I will do likewise with the grandson , sure we get the occasional barn burner from time to time but there is no way on earth we would have been left wondering about who the best in the division was back in the day however I'm still pissed Pryor & Leonard never got made .

Last edited by JOSEY WALES; 01-13-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum