Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old Yesterday, 01:06 AM   #1
ktm411
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default New Sparring Video "feedback wanted"

Hi Guys,

I know I post maybe a few too many videos here but I value all perspectives on what im doing right or wrong.

As in my last post I am sparring the same guy.
I was taking it easy in the last video but lost my cool towards the end and started putting some more mus**** on my punches.
This was due to him going too hard(in my opinion for sparring).
This in turn made me a little sloppy but my power seems to make up for lack in tight technique, towards the end i throw a big right hand and a right hook, left body combo, had this been a fight i would have followed up and ended the fight but my trainer tells me to go lighter.

Question, how do you spar with faster guys when all you have is power?, i cant really spar lightly with them because the only way i can catch them is if i throw it fast, and when i punch fast=hard.
im not talking myself up but i don't really have a medium/slow setting, i can try but all i do is telegraph my punches and get countered all day

any input?

Video:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ktm411 is offline  Top
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM   #2
Mr.DagoWop
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0
Default Re: New Sparring Video "feedback wanted"

I understand what you mean by the medium/slow setting, I don't have one either lol it's either going hard or slow telegraphic punches. To beat speed go to the body and time him. Timing and accuracy will always catch up with speed. By going to the body you will wear him down over the round(s). Stay on him as well and pressure him. Keep good head movement as well and your hands up because he will feel the pressure and hopefully punch himself out.
Mr.DagoWop is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing