lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao > Chavez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Hey pacturd....
Why didnt Manny fight Shane after he KO'ed Margarito? Hell why didnt he fight Margarito after the Cotto fight? But thats another matter, the fact is Shane somehow developed footwork and defense accompanied with head movement against Manny. He was running..but he was also stepping back and popping Manny with the jab. Every thing I just explained to you are characteristics Shane doesn't posess. That's the mind **** part of it.

Manny cant in-fight for shit and he can't cut off the ring. He has no jab. His best punch is a lead left from the outside mostly to counter his opponents jab. He drops the opposite hand when throwing any punch which leads himself open. He always has to regather his balance because in his lunging to cut distance between a JMM and not a stationary opponent; (breath) leads all his weight and momentum to focus on his lead leg which greatly limits the movement he can make in recovering. He makes too many mistakes. Chavez could possibly kill Manny if they fought. Chavez would tear Manny's body up and as we all know Manny drops his hands to protect his body and Chavez was capable of going back up top. He could also land timed rights from outside but still fought tall. I implore you to get off Manny's nuts.

The bottom line is Chavez is much like JMM but much more effective, smarter, better ring generalship, has sharper, crisper punches, more accuracy and better timing, uses his height, hands of lead that "damage" his opponents, better chin, toughness, punch selection(can throw basically every punch and if landed it will hurt) and a bit more speed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You don't need to write a novel to backtrack on something stupid you said. Shutout + kd is as dominant as it gets in boxing. That he sent a career warrior like Shane on the run all night is just the cherry on top, he had him petrified.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #167
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
You don't need to write a novel to backtrack on something stupid you said. Shutout + kd is as dominant as it gets in boxing. That he sent a career warrior like Shane on the run all night is just the cherry pick on top, he had him petrified.
Fixed it for you pactard and it it's quite ironic how a cherry popped into your mind subconciously when you absent mindedly wrote this shitty response. Another dose of reality is Shane fought to a draw with Sergio Mora a fight earlier you clown. Heres something for you to jerk off to....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eESf_vfCwrM[/ame]
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #168
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Fixed it for you pactard and it it's quite ironic how a cherry popped into your mind subconciously when you absent mindedly wrote this shitty response. Another dose of reality is Shane fought to a draw with Sergio Mora a fight earlier you clown. Heres something for you to jerk off to....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Good job. I can see you keep a tight focus and relentlessly defend you well constructed point
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #169
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyOrNot View Post
Floyd >Marquez> Manny

Two have the will to finish fights while one has lost multiple times and has been ko'd three times.
Tarver > Glen Johnson > RJJ

word for word
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #170
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

I like Pac at 140 vs Chavez at 140..

that would be an epic fight and the fans would win.
DobyZhee is online now  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #171
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Every time I visit the General forum I leave with a dirty feeling. As if I had been to a Tijuana strip joint The level of boxing knowledge and experience is pathetic for a boxing forum.
The one thing that impressed me through out was Bogotazo's patience for dealing with these Neanderthals. Maybe Bogo is as naive as the TS for thinking he could ingrain some common sense into a fan who never intended to accept the fact that he DKSAB.
JDK is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #172
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Pac will always be greater than Chavez Jr. and he had the bigger impact on Boxing..
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #173
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
Pac will always be greater than Chavez Jr. and he had the bigger impact on Boxing..
I think the guy in your avatar will have a bigger impact on boxing than Jr.
Hell, let's get some gloves on you and you'd still be greater I'd pay to see that.
JDK is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #174
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chempasillo View Post
I so often here about great fights from today or in rescent time not being seriously mentioned for p4p greatness. I mean, so many people say, no, either pac or floyd shouldnt be near a top 10 all time great list.

I compared 2 great boxer, 1 who is ranked by most in the top 20 and the other who climbed liek 10 divisions and should easily be mentioned in the top 5, yet he is not even mentioned for top 10.

both, about same size and reach, both same weight in these bouts and both near or in prime. it doesn't get a better example than this and if you don't see teh huge difference of explosivness, strength, speed and punchinger power, also overall movemant, than you don't see what is happening in both videos, because the obvious is the obvious.

manny would KO either duran and chavez and has business in the top 10 and **** nostalic feeling, when you fight 100 cans doesnt mean you're greater. chavez did not fought better opposition than pac when you just compare the level or world class fighter they faced. duran yes, but he also lost to barely all of them, have to give him credt, because he wasn't in his favourite weight.
I think Manny would stop Duran, but Chavez is a bad match up for Manny. You can't stand in front of JCC, he can give it just as well or better than Manny and he can take it better than Manny.

I do agree with you though. Even after all he's accomplished, Manny is still underrated historically.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #175
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
I think Manny would stop Duran, but Chavez is a bad match up for Manny. You can't stand in front of JCC, he can give it just as well or better than Manny and he can take it better than Manny.

I do agree with you though. Even after all he's accomplished, Manny is still underrated historically.
I doubt Pac stops Duran. Pac doesn't need to stand in front of Chavez though, he's got way faster feet and could go all night, at least below welter
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #176
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK View Post
I think the guy in your avatar will have a bigger impact on boxing than Jr.
Hell, let's get some gloves on you and you'd still be greater I'd pay to see that.
I meant his dad..
Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #177
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Manny stopping Duran? What are you basing this on?
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #178
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebruno View Post
Manny stopping Duran? What are you basing this on?
The fact that Duran is overrated, had mediocre competition at LW and got wiped off the map by a strong puncher in Tommy Hearns. Pac doesn't hit like Hearns but he hits plenty hard.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #179
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
I doubt Pac stops Duran. Pac doesn't need to stand in front of Chavez though, he's got way faster feet and could go all night, at least below welter
He COULD go all night, but he won't. He'll stand and fight. I could see him winning a decision if he committed to constantly moving his feet but I don't think that's his nature, Pac wants to fight.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #180
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He COULD go all night, but he won't. He'll stand and fight. I could see him winning a decision if he committed to constantly moving his feet but I don't think that's his nature, Pac wants to fight.
Oh he'd exchange alright, but he wouldnt stay flat footed for too long, nor linger on the ropes taking it to the body

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum