Old 01-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #181
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322
Default Re: Pacquiao > Chavez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
I think Manny would stop Duran, but Chavez is a bad match up for Manny. You can't stand in front of JCC, he can give it just as well or better than Manny and he can take it better than Manny.

do agree with you though. Even after all he's accomplished, Manny is still underrated historically.I

yeah, think the same.

if anything showed the oscar-pacquiao bout, was that pac can also do a "come in and go out" tactic.

totaly. just one thing, do me a favor and go to boxrec and look at the year 1999, the medgoen singsurat bout, dude was like 18 wins 0 losses. okay, since that bout, all opponents of manny had had good records. EVERYBODY up to 2012!!!!!!!!

since the medgoen bout, till the barrera bout, the first barrera bout, all his opponents had like combined 340 wins, I am not bulshitting you. and manny wasn't famous at all and already beat up good opponents.
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #182
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
The fact that Duran is overrated, had mediocre competition at LW and got wiped off the map by a strong puncher in Tommy Hearns. Pac doesn't hit like Hearns but he hits plenty hard.

De Jesus and Bucahnan mediocre???

and David Diaz is elite then???

Duran is an even worst style match up for Pacquiao then Chavez is. Duran beats the shit out of Pacquiao in any weight class.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #183
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chempasillo View Post
he climbed 9 divisions. batantam is not counted in. but if we stick to your logic than manny climbed 11 divisions, if we include the division were he started and that is light flyweight.
Ok so if we stick to Pactard fanboy logic, then your hero started out at 106, and has climbed 41 lbs to 147, Duran started at 119, and had winning fights as high as 171 a difference of 52lbs.

However interestingly enough, Duran was only half an inch taller than Pac, yet had an inch SHORTER reach, but still managed to beat the 6'1", 74" reach Barkley for the WBC Middle title, and at no ****ing Catchweight, something the little Fillipino wouldn't even dream of having the courage to do IMO.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #184
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post
Ok so if we stick to Pactard fanboy logic, then your hero started out at 106, and has climbed 41 lbs to 147, Duran started at 119, and had winning fights as high as 171 a difference of 52lbs.

However interestingly enough, Duran was only half an inch taller than Pac, yet had an inch SHORTER reach, but still managed to beat the 6'1", 74" reach Barkley for the WBC Middle title, and at no ****ing Catchweight, something the little Fillipino wouldn't even dream of having the courage to do IMO.
Duran is simply the best.

What he lacked in healthy lifestyle and sometimes training and being smaller he made up with his extreme amount of pure skill.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #185
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Hey pacturd....
Why didnt Manny fight Shane after he KO'ed Margarito? Hell why didnt he fight Margarito after the Cotto fight? But thats another matter, the fact is Shane somehow developed footwork and defense accompanied with head movement against Manny. He was running..but he was also stepping back and popping Manny with the jab. Every thing I just explained to you are characteristics Shane doesn't posess. That's the mind **** part of it.

Manny cant in-fight for shit and he can't cut off the ring. He has no jab. His best punch is a lead left from the outside mostly to counter his opponents jab. He drops the opposite hand when throwing any punch which leads himself open. He always has to regather his balance because in his lunging to cut distance between a JMM and not a stationary opponent; (breath) leads all his weight and momentum to focus on his lead leg which greatly limits the movement he can make in recovering. He makes too many mistakes. Chavez could possibly kill Manny if they fought. Chavez would tear Manny's body up and as we all know Manny drops his hands to protect his body and Chavez was capable of going back up top. He could also land timed rights from outside but still fought tall. I implore you to get off Manny's nuts.

The bottom line is Chavez is much like JMM but much more effective, smarter, better ring generalship, has sharper, crisper punches, more accuracy and better timing, uses his height, hands of lead that "damage" his opponents, better chin, toughness, punch selection(can throw basically every punch and if landed it will hurt) and a bit more speed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Basically all of this.

Plus if anyone thinks he could knockout either Chavez or Duran the way he KO'd the shot to shit Hatton they are even more stupid than they act.

Tommy Hearns' jab was faster, and harder than anything Pacquiao has ever thrown in his life, and if he nailed Pac with the same shot he hit Duran with in Las Vegas, he would have hospitalised him for a year or more, probably leaving him in a similar state to McClellan or Watson, and simultaneously KO'd his little brother Bobby back in the Phillipines.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #186
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sick sick video!

At 4:01 - 4:14, my 2 favorite punches i've seen Julio thrown: That perfectly timed left hook that floors Taylor in their rematch, and then that hard counter right thrown while backing againts the ropes that floors Jose Luis Ramirez...The fact that there back to back in those clips is ****ing sick!!
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #187
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post

De Jesus and Bucahnan mediocre???

and David Diaz is elite then???

Duran is an even worst style match up for Pacquiao then Chavez is. Duran beats the shit out of Pacquiao in any weight class.
MAB or EM wouldn't have needed a low blow to stop Buchanan. I've had this argument so many times I'm sick of it. Yes, Duran is a sacred cow in boxing. I don't give a shit and if you want to argue about it then go look at any one of the dozens of past threads. Duran, Pryor and Hagler are the holy trinity of overratedness.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #188
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

Thirteen pages and the thread starter is actually less intelligent than he was at the beginning. This is quite disturbing...
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #189
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

I'd love to see Duran savagely rape Pacquiao
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #190
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

buchanan was a better lightweight than mab and Em. You can nitpick any fighter the way you do Duran. Duran overrated. Bernie go away.
Quote:
MAB or EM wouldn't have needed a low blow to stop Buchanan. I've had this argument so many times I'm sick of it. Yes, Duran is a sacred cow in boxing. I don't give a shit and if you want to argue about it then go look at any one of the dozens of past threads. Duran, Pryor and Hagler are the holy trinity of overratedness.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #191
leftleftright
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 915

Quote:
The fact that Duran is overrated, had mediocre competition at LW and got wiped off the map by a strong puncher in Tommy Hearns. Pac doesn't hit like Hearns but he hits plenty hard.
Hearns' reach had something to do with the Duran KO. Hearns found a distance where he could kill Duran but Duran couldn't do him any damage. Duran might have surrvived that round if he got off the ropes and stayed inside. Hearns would have ko'd him at some point anyway. Either way Pac is in trouble with Duran at any distance where Pac can be effective. Duran outboxes Pac silly and destroys him on the inside where Pac does not know how to fight. Head to head Prime Duran> Prime JCC> Prime Pac.
leftleftright is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #192
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK View Post
Every time I visit the General forum I leave with a dirty feeling. As if I had been to a Tijuana strip joint The level of boxing knowledge and experience is pathetic for a boxing forum.
The one thing that impressed me through out was Bogotazo's patience for dealing with these Neanderthals. Maybe Bogo is as naive as the TS for thinking he could ingrain some common sense into a fan who never intended to accept the fact that he DKSAB.
Shows the state the sport its in, IMO. Not that I'm one predicting boxing's "death" or anything, but "exposed", "leftovers", "x is quicker so he'd win", "hypejob", "bum", etc. are the only thing you read about nowadays from some of the sport's supposedly most avid followers.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #193
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Shows the state the sport its in, IMO. Not that I'm one predicting boxing's "death" or anything, but "exposed", "leftovers", "x is quicker so he'd win", "hypejob", "bum", etc. are the only thing you read about nowadays from some of the sport's supposedly most avid followers.
Even the boxing journalists are poor these days, so it's no wonder the fans are similarly uneducated. When an ignorant slob like Dan Rafael is a leading sports journalist, you know you've got a problem.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #194
LACMEXAME
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is ****ing ridiculous. I like Pacman but this is plain stupid. Why do people even waste time on this. No way Pac beats Chavez or Duran.
LACMEXAME is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #195
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
buchanan was a better lightweight than mab and Em. You can nitpick any fighter the way you do Duran. Duran overrated. Bernie go away.
It's not nitpicking. It's glaring, obvious holes in his resume and career that everyone seems to feel MUST be ignored, downplayed or otherwise forgotten about. imho, it's mostly manlove for his Dastardly Dan look.
bernie4366 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum