Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: who would be a better opponent for Bute ?
Abraham 12 21.43%
Pavlik 44 78.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #46
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505
Default Re: who would be a better opponent for Bute ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy k.o View Post
Froch defeated Taylor by TKO in 2009 (S6)
Not that it's a big deal but Froch-Taylor wasn't part of the S6, seen a couple of people say the same thing. Taylor was Froch's first defence after beating Pascal, then he fought Dirrell in the first round of the S6. The rest of your point stands though.
Maximus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #47
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Not that it's a big deal but Froch-Taylor wasn't part of the S6, seen a couple of people say the same thing. Taylor was Froch's first defence after beating Pascal, then he fought Dirrell in the first round of the S6. The rest of your point stands though.
indeed , that fight wasn't part of S6 , my bad
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #48
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Pavlik would be best for Bute atm and I hope the fight pulls through. No one wants to see that Pavlik-Ward shit. If the Froch fight doesn't happen I'd like to see Bute take on Abraham.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #49
forreal
Chin doctor
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1464

Abraham brings a belt, Pavlik doesn't..
The issue with both opponents is just that they will both likely smash Pute's glass jaw to a million pieces. No, Bute should go to the local cap depot, that place has provided him with plenty of punching bags that he has build his career on.
forreal is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #50
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampioni View Post
Pavlik would be best for Bute atm and I hope the fight pulls through. No one wants to see that Pavlik-Ward shit. If the Froch fight doesn't happen I'd like to see Bute take on Abraham.
Ward vs Pavlik fight was cancelled cuz Ward has a shoulder injury and he has to do a surgery . And yes I'm agree that fight would've been a totally mismatch and Ward would've toyed Pavlik.

Pavlik may bring the US exposure benefit for Bute but I don't think that he would give to Bute a tougher fight-preparation than Abraham. Abraham is much tougher fighter than Pavlik , who even didn't fight at smw.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #51
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by forreal View Post
Abraham brings a belt, Pavlik doesn't..
The issue with both opponents is just that they will both likely smash Pute's glass jaw to a million pieces. No, Bute should go to the local cap depot, that place has provided him with plenty of punching bags that he has build his career on.
Ohh little marshmallow-chined troll and H.N.Y ! I haven't seen u on my threads for some time !

well , if u think that a rusty alcoholic who didn't fight with a live opponent for ages and a slow robot who throws 6 wild punches per round would beat Bute then YDKSAB and chins !

p.s but I'm agree that at least Abe brings a belt !
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #52
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
IMO Abraham would be a better fight-preparation for Bute than Pavlik because he was more active at a high level. He beat Taylor , Dirrell ( yeah he beat him )
Proven moron.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #53
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 6005

Quote:
In terms of a tougher fight-preparation for the Froch rematch ?

Abraham or Pavlik ?

IMO Abraham would be a better fight-preparation for Bute than Pavlik because he was more active at a high level. He beat Taylor , Dirrell ( yeah he beat him ) , he gave a good fight to Ward and survived decently against Froch & not to mention about his last win against Stieglitz , who is definitely a better win than Pavlik's last 3 wins !

p.s but if Bute will fight next with Pavlik I won't mind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY NEW 2013 !!!
I guess it all depends on what you mean by better opponent. I think Bute's chances at success are greater vs AA. It's been proven that if you can keep AA in his shell you'll beat him. And I think he can do that with workrate, and his hard body shots will give AA fits. (either that or he'll have to hike his trunks up to the armpits).

Pavlik has been beaten, but by guys with far different sets of strengths than Bute. I don't see Bute being able to take away the whole of Pavlik's arsenal as Hopkins was able to, nor do I see him being able to buzz in and out like a hornet a la Martinez.

As for the fight, I'd rather see Pavlik, but either guy is a nice option in lieu of the rematch with The Cobra.

PS- AA beat Dirrell? You trolling again Flashy?
des3995 is online now  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #54
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Proven moron.
Abraham beat Dirrell u ****ing maricon , period ! That scared wasted-talent -mofo bitched out like a little faggit when he felt Abe's power ! Abraham bulied him in that fight and beat the shit out of him !

When u "win" a fight in that manner like Dirrel did , means that u lost, period !
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #55
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by des3995 View Post
I guess it all depends on what you mean by better opponent. I think Bute's chances at success are greater vs AA. It's been proven that if you can keep AA in his shell you'll beat him. And I think he can do that with workrate, and his hard body shots will give AA fits. (either that or he'll have to hike his trunks up to the armpits).

Pavlik has been beaten, but by guys with far different sets of strengths than Bute. I don't see Bute being able to take away the whole of Pavlik's arsenal as Hopkins was able to, nor do I see him being able to buzz in and out like a hornet a la Martinez.

As for the fight, I'd rather see Pavlik, but either guy is a nice option in lieu of the rematch with The Cobra.

PS- AA beat Dirrell? You trolling again Flashy?

No trolling bro , thats the true imo ! When Dirrell felt Abraham's power he got scared and he bitched out ! He was faking way too much when he received that illegal punch from Abe and took that in his advantage to get a win decision by disqualification of his opponent i.e Abraham! Cowardly and bitch way to win a fight imo !

I think Abraham is right now a tougher fighter than Pavlik. If it would be a fight between Abe and Pavlik I think Abraham would win it doubtless !

Pavlik stayed some time off ! He's rusty !
Old 01-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #56
Little Pea
'A' grade boxing fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 806

Better in what sense?

Better chance of winning?

I say AA.

But I prefer the Pavlik fight.
Little Pea is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #57
Little Pea
'A' grade boxing fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 806

Quote:
Abraham beat Dirrell u ****ing maricon , period ! That scared wasted-talent -mofo bitched out like a little faggit when he felt Abe's power ! Abraham bulied him in that fight and beat the shit out of him !

When u "win" a fight in that manner like Dirrel did , means that u lost, period !

Dirrel beat AA.

Thats was a masterpiece until the slip.
Little Pea is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #58
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Well first and foremost, he should stay away from Froch, Froch will stomp him again with ease.

Maybe he should fight Stevenson or Pascal, that'd be good fights that could generate revenue in Canada.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #59
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Pea View Post

Dirrel beat AA.

Thats was a masterpiece until the slip.
How ca u say that bro ? "beat" wtf ?! The only guy that was beating in that fight was Dirrell and not Abraham !

Dirrel should've got up likee a real fighter and fight with Abraham and not faking and acting like a little bitch hoping that the judges will give him the win by the DQ of his opponent , which happened !
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #60
flashy k.o
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Well first and foremost, he should stay away from Froch, Froch will stomp him again with ease.

Maybe he should fight Stevenson or Pascal, that'd be good fights that could generate revenue in Canada.

well not bad choices. Stevenson vs Bute and then Pascal vs Bute would be huge fights in Canada.

MrMagic , who do u think that would give a hard fight to Bute between Abraham and Pavlik ?

Abraham competed at smw and had/has some decent results but Pavlik didn't prove anything at this category plus he was a while off from competing at a good level !

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum