yes 27 79.41%
no 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: is Rigondeaux a better opponent to Donaire than some of the 122 opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
Nishioka was in fact #1 but at 37 yrs old and more than 1 yr lay off I wouldn't mark him as the man to beat at 122.He was semi retired and came to collect his last check, he looked below average on his fight against nonito . But I give donaire credit for his win,he was definitely better competition than Arce.
Arce was the easiest belt to collect after jumping to 122. Don't forget he got beat by old Arce.I believe that after losing to Arce , Vasquez regained the belt again.
Other than Mares, Rigo is the logic option for donaire at 122.
Fixed
Vasquez wasn't the target, it was Arce.
It only became Vasquez cause Arce relinquished the belt to move down and fight for Nonito's vacated titles. Donaire and Vasquez then fought for the vacant WBO belt @ 122.

Just a question, if you discount credentials of the Nishioka win for the layoff, you should also discount credentials of the Mosley win for Floyd who took 1 and 1/3 yrs layoff. Right?
jan_fan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #17
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: is Rigondeaux a better opponent to Donaire than some of the 122 opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan_fan View Post
Fixed
It only became Vasquez cause Arce relinquished the belt to move down and fight for Nonito's vacated titles. Donaire and Vasquez then fought for the vacant WBO belt @ 122.

Just a question, if you discount credentials of the Nishioka win for the layoff, you should also discount credentials of the Mosley win for Floyd who took 1 and 1/3 yrs layoff. Right?

Absolutely , Mosley despite his résumé and HOF condition wasn't the best choice for Floyd.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #18
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650

Quote:
Nishioka was in fact #1 but at 37 yrs old and more than 1 yr lay off I wouldn't mark him as the man to beat at 122.He was semi retired and came to collect his last check, he looked below average on his fight against nonito . But I give donaire credit for his win,he was definitely better competition than Arce.
Vasquez was the easiest belt to collect after jumping to 122. Don't forget he got beat by old Arce.I believe that after losing to Arce , Vasquez regained the belt again.
Other than Mares, Rigo is the logic option for donaire at 122.
And Mares is good name but rigo is ranked higher..I think is mostly for the fact that Mares never beat a top 10 @ 122...or any other 122 pounder yet..but anyways..Mares is a great champion with big heart little technic..but very smart..he allways seems to have the right game plan...that very important..
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #19
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Good, why don't you convince Bob to make the it happen?
We're not the ones who's gonna make this fight
I will be happy only if you guys think the same...Arum is a pest..a sickness that consume the sport...
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #20
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Fixed

I said once that that is not excuse...he fought beat up vasquez who have no win over top 20 and is ranked # 10 and was coming from a loss, for the belt but Rigo who fought two top 10 and is undeafeated ranked # 1 is not worth for the belt too..I m learning...the art of avoiding is very complicated....
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #21
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry cuban View Post
Summurized the opening post for those that don't want to read it all.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #22
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
he looked below average on his fight against nonito .
That was more Nonito than ring rust. Nisho came to make a statement before he retired.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #23
SweatPea
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

hes better tha donaire, so of course.
SweatPea is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #24
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
That was more Nonito than ring rust. Nisho came to make a statement before he retired.
You don't make a statement by throwing 10 punches in 6 rds
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #25
ReadyOrNot

Donaire is not ducking Rigo. Rigo brings nothing to the table. His resume is terrible, and he became a champ in how many fights. Rigo is skilled, but a possible Donaire/Mares fight will make money. Rigo needs to have his own spotlight in order to build a fight the public wants to see. Diehard fans want the fight, but the fight will not generate big money unless Rigo gets in with a proven tough guy the public knows.
ReadyOrNot is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #26
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

This fight needs to happen already..

I'm with angry Cubano. Rigo probably would have beaten what's his face that had AIDS.

I'm guessing they are gonna do a showdown in June this year.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #27
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
This fight needs to happen already..

I'm with angry Cubano. Rigo probably would have beaten what's his face that had AIDS.

I'm guessing they are gonna do a showdown in June this year.
Bro..that is so long..shit..
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #28
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Summurized the opening post for those that don't want to read it all.
You poor thing..lol
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #29
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyOrNot View Post
Donaire is not ducking Rigo. Rigo brings nothing to the table. His resume is terrible, and he became a champ in how many fights. Rigo is skilled, but a possible Donaire/Mares fight will make money. Rigo needs to have his own spotlight in order to build a fight the public wants to see. Diehard fans want the fight, but the fight will not generate big money unless Rigo gets in with a proven tough guy the public knows.
Man..how can you said that..compare his resume with only eleven fights with the guys who fought Donaire and where competitives..is in the main post..read..lol..
Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #30
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry cuban View Post
I said once that that is not excuse...he fought beat up vasquez who have no win over top 20 and is ranked # 10 and was coming from a loss, for the belt but Rigo who fought two top 10 and is undeafeated ranked # 1 is not worth for the belt too..I m learning...the art of avoiding is very complicated....
Why do you keep comparing Rigo and Vasquez? Didn't I just told you on previous thread that Rigo was still fighting for the belt when Donaire was on the move @ 122? Who were the title holders @ 122 when Donaire moved there? You know Rigo wasn't in the list yet.

Maybe you should have told Rigo to transfer to the WBO rankings so that he'd be the mandatory for the vacant WBO belt that time instead of Vasquez.
jan_fan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum