Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Iron Chinned
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Cool Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

They really didnt want him to quit despite his pleas to quit, his trainer was literally forcing him back out. Shouldnt they have done what was best for there man? Discuss.
Iron Chinned is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,720
vCash: 100
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Tyson broke his skull. He was right to quit.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,101
vCash: 1170
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Tyson broke his skull. He was right to quit.
for real ? Did not know that.
Badbot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,390
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chinned View Post
They really didnt want him to quit despite his pleas to quit, his trainer was literally forcing him back out. Shouldnt they have done what was best for there man? Discuss.
no it should be ok for anyone to quit a main event PPV after 2 rounds because he is taking an ass kicking
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: אין אַ הייל
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 1877
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Tyson broke his skull. He was right to quit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
no it should be ok for anyone to quit a main event PPV after 2 rounds because he is taking an ass kicking
Tyson did break his skull. Supposedly, he also ****ed up a disk in his neck or something like that.

Sounds like shit that could put you in a wheelchair.

He was in fact right to quit
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
H .
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 218
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

no boxer should quit. golota is no exception, although it is less surprising when it comes to the polish legend
H . is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,390
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roger View Post
Tyson did break his skull. Supposedly, he also ****ed up a disk in his neck or something like that.

Sounds like shit that could put you in a wheelchair.

He was in fact right to quit
muhammad ali , arthur abraham and ray mercer fought with broken jaws.

that is what separates the men from the quitters
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,425
vCash: 233
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
muhammad ali , arthur abraham and ray mercer fought with broken jaws.

that is what separates the men from the quitters
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dr. Wesley Yapor, a neurosurgeon treating Golota, said the fighter sustained a concussion, a fractured left cheekbone and a herniated disc between the fourth and fifth cervical vertebrae.

Yapor, who shared a conference call Sunday with Mariola Golota, said the 32-year-old fighter was fitted with a cervical collar and will need therapy....

If he had sustained another serious blow to the head he could have become paralyzed," Yapor said. "There's no way I would have allowed him to enter the ring for the second round."
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Yeah,pretty sure Golota fractured his skull in that fight.
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,390
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dr. Wesley Yapor, a neurosurgeon treating Golota, said the fighter sustained a concussion, a fractured left cheekbone and a herniated disc between the fourth and fifth cervical vertebrae.

Yapor, who shared a conference call Sunday with Mariola Golota, said the 32-year-old fighter was fitted with a cervical collar and will need therapy....

If he had sustained another serious blow to the head he could have become paralyzed," Yapor said. "There's no way I would have allowed him to enter the ring for the second round."
yeah yeah yeah

and Dirrell had a brain injury

and hopkins dislocated his shoulder right?

they can find anyone to say anything so they dont get black balled for non performance
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,425
vCash: 233
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
yeah yeah yeah

and Dirrell had a brain injury

and hopkins dislocated his shoulder right?

they can find anyone to say anything so they dont get black balled for non performance
yeah and they faked the moon landing and 911 was an inside job
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dr. Wesley Yapor, a neurosurgeon treating Golota, said the fighter sustained a concussion, a fractured left cheekbone and a herniated disc between the fourth and fifth cervical vertebrae.

Yapor, who shared a conference call Sunday with Mariola Golota, said the 32-year-old fighter was fitted with a cervical collar and will need therapy....

If he had sustained another serious blow to the head he could have become paralyzed," Yapor said. "There's no way I would have allowed him to enter the ring for the second round."
this is what i always heard (at least the cheekbone break). golota was right to quit, which one of you keyboard warriors was going to support him in old age when he continued and got permanently effed up?? this wasn't an injury to hand/arm/leg late in a fight he was winning against some average fighter. it was real early with an atg punching headhunter. it took balls to quit and walk out when every other nucklehead is yelling at you to continue (even his own corner)
2ironmt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #13
jehu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did quitter Golota have a bad corner for the tyson fight?

The man (golota) couldnt even speak properly after the fight, in the the locker room interview ,he was confused and wasnt making sense at all, I think if he even went another round longer he might be a vege right now. In hindsight his cowardice/mental unstableness and erratic behaviour saved him from permanent damage and his pride was no worse off....
jehu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013