Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Great video on why Marquez beat Pacman

This was made prior to the 4th fight when Marquez knocked him out, but here is an amazingly insightful video on why Marquez has always been a nightmare for Pac. It really shows the intricacies of boxing, things most casual observers would never think of.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfBmqlO6rh4[/ame]
cyrax99 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Great video on why Marquez beat Pacman

He said he's doing a video on the fourth fight too.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
He said he's doing a video on the fourth fight too.
I'm glad, because it is quite honestly the best breakdown I've ever seen. I'm neutral on the whole Floyd/Pac bullshit, I just like good fights. The author of the video really knows his stuff, and gives tremendous insight into why Marquez has always had success against Pac. Oddly enough, it was that exact same scenario of Manny setting himself up for the overhand right counter that got him knocked out in their last fight.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

bump for awesome vid.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Seen the video plenty of times. great video of course until the last 13 seconds or so. Makes the creator of the video look like a Flomo (which he most likely is).
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Seen the video plenty of times. great video of course until the last 13 seconds or so. Makes the creator of the video look like a Flomo (which he most likely is).
Actually, that was there to say a new video of comparisons between May vs Marquez and Pac vs Marquez was coming up (which never happened.) It wasn't a Floyd advertisement.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

Outstanding video. It is among my favorites on my YouTube channel. The little subtle things he captures are what get me. He said he is doing on regarding Pac-JMM IV. I can't wait to see that one.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #8
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

He made another video before this one explaining that manny hasn't made many improvements between the second and third fight. No one believed him until it was too late and Marquez pulled the wide upset
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #9
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
He made another video before this one explaining that manny hasn't made many improvements between the second and third fight. No one believed him until it was too late and Marquez pulled the wide upset
Only difference was this time Marquez had the power to knock him out.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dont get me wrong the guy did a good job in the video. But it not something we did not know....
JMM is a technition as Fraud Willnever is Pacquiao isn't and has never been, hence why Pac has always had problems with JMM and why he would have issues with Fraud. But again saying that it does not give Fraud the win just like JMM has not had all the wins.
In Pac JMM 1 and 2 JMM landed some heavy counters but at a lower weight. he has now moved on and carries the extra weight while losing speed but none of his timing or technical ability. This was visible in 3 also which I scored to JMM by a round or 2, but by fight 4 JMM was much more powerful looking and the result was the KO.

So the video told me nothing I did not allready know
I do find it rather insulting when people try to make out fighters were hand picked for Pacquiao eg Cotto Hatton Mosley. All very capable title holders 2 of which went on to fight other champs.. ODLH was not picked by Pac ODLH picked Pac, what Pac acheived was not hype it was his style and speed that wordked in his favour. Come on Mosely has been in the game a long time he never tried to feint in the Manner JMM did and nor did Cotto or Hatton or ODLH or Margarito if you do not believe me go watch those fights again. JMM is a clever fighter END OF
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Loved this video thanks for that.
Actually showed me a few things i did not know yet about Marquez craft.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

seen it many times, but thanks for the re-watch.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Edited, didn't read the first post, crap.

Last edited by Scar; 01-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 160

We are not casual boxing fans

We understand boxing
We like to learn about boxing
And some of us like to box

Video explanation shouldn't be needed.
miniq is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
No offense but no video explanation is necessary for this fight, it's clear and obvious. Pacquiao is winning and has Marquez troubled confused for the first two rounds. Round three, Marquez explodes with a single punch that drops Pacquiao who clearly felt embarrassed by it and desperately wanted revenge. Round five, Pacquiao explodes and batters Marquez, immediately after the knockdown you can see Marquez KNOWS Pacquiao wants to finish him and counters him with a HARD shot immediately. Round six, Pacquiao still desperately trying to make a bigger impression and gets caught with the ultimate bomb.
Read the first post next time. The video was about the third fight not the fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsavethequeen View Post
Dont get me wrong the guy did a good job in the video. But it not something we did not know....
JMM is a technition as Fraud Willnever is Pacquiao isn't and has never been, hence why Pac has always had problems with JMM and why he would have issues with Fraud. But again saying that it does not give Fraud the win just like JMM has not had all the wins.
In Pac JMM 1 and 2 JMM landed some heavy counters but at a lower weight. he has now moved on and carries the extra weight while losing speed but none of his timing or technical ability. This was visible in 3 also which I scored to JMM by a round or 2, but by fight 4 JMM was much more powerful looking and the result was the KO.

So the video told me nothing I did not allready know
I do find it rather insulting when people try to make out fighters were hand picked for Pacquiao eg Cotto Hatton Mosley. All very capable title holders 2 of which went on to fight other champs.. ODLH was not picked by Pac ODLH picked Pac, what Pac acheived was not hype it was his style and speed that wordked in his favour. Come on Mosely has been in the game a long time he never tried to feint in the Manner JMM did and nor did Cotto or Hatton or ODLH or Margarito if you do not believe me go watch those fights again. JMM is a clever fighter END OF
That video was hardly about Mayweather or why the video maker thinks some of pacquiao's opponent selection in recent years has sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniq View Post
We are not casual boxing fans

We understand boxing
We like to learn about boxing
And some of us like to box

Video explanation shouldn't be needed.
Dumbest replies. You can know as much as possible, but only a few can explain what they know in a manner which is easy for all to understand. Seeing a video which displays what happened is much more efficient than reading walls of text especially when every asshole on a boxing forum has an opinion.
Slickstar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum