boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088
Default The Gary Lockett I/C Ballistic Anti-Hypetrain Rocket *Caution: Point Away From Face*

Launch at T Minus 60(whaever that means)
Destination: Pavlik's Chin

So, what with the Calzaghe/Hopkins fight now basically a foregone conclusion, thoughts turn to the next British challenger to light upon the shores of the US of A, Gary 'The Rocket Man' Lockett.

Now, I'll be honest here, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few of Lockett's fights on TV, but I'm ******ed if I can remember any salient details. Should that stop me from boldly declaring that he'll derail the latest American hypetrain with a first round KO merely on the basis of him being British? Well it's damn well not going to!

On the other hand I can read BoxRec as well as anyone, so lets talk resumes. A quick look at Lockett's record, and a few names jump out: Howard Clarke - denizen of many victorious European Ryder Cup teams, Kevin Kelly - gave Naseem Hamed a decent match, Kai Kauramaki - never heard of him but he's got a hard sounding name. Pretty solid.

Now onto Lockett's challenger, one Kelly 'Pavlova' Pavlik. Now it's well known that ESB is a Eurobum-only forum, lacking the benefit of any American posters at all, so I'm assuming that, like me, you've never heard of the guy. So, first thing, yes it is a bloke. I know, girl's name, but I've double checked. Predictably he's never had the stones to fight outside the USA, though BoxRec doesn't specify whether he owns a passport or not.

After an early career mainly spent fighting opponents with the first name 'Boxcar', Pavlik has apparantly become something of a favourite amongst the several hundred Americans who are aware that the sport of boxing still exists. Pavlik's most notable wins have come against Germaine Taylor (I know! I know! Again, this is a bloke, really) a fighter who failed to knockdown the oldest man in the World, despite 24 rounds of trying, and Edison Miranda, who's only claim to fame is not being able to beat a German with a broken jaw.

It's fairly clear then that this is a notable step-up for Pavlik, and it won't be at all a suprise if Lockett has too much class, speed and power for him (if he actually has any of those things. Like I said, I'm not really too sure. In fact I might even be confusing him with someone else).

In conclusion, Lockett stunningKO1 Pavlik.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622
Default Re: The Gary Lockett I/C Ballistic Anti-Hypetrain Rocket *Caution: Point Away From Face*

Pavlik KO9 Zuniga -- now rated #13 at SMW and the current IBO titlist.
Pavlik KO6 McKart -- Former 2 time 154 titlist, and former 160 pound NABF titlist.
Pavlik KO4 Pierre -- 18-3-0 at the time with an 80% KO ratio.
Pavlik KO8 Zertuche -- You could tear Zertuche's arms off and he'd fight ya with his teeth!
Pavlik KO7 Miranda -- Regarded as a monster set to absolutely dominate at 160.
Pavlik KO7 Taylor -- Universally recognized middleweight champ.
Pavlik UD12 Taylor -- With injuries to both hands Pavlik outboxed "the more talented" boxer.

Ya I guess you're right. Pavlik is just the latest American hype job

Shut the **** up re****.

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Nalian
Formerly "yesihavearm"
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Gary Lockett I/C Ballistic Anti-Hypetrain Rocket *Caution: Point Away From Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley
Pavlik KO6 McKart -- Former 2 time 154 titlist, and former 160 pound NABF titlist.
Pavlik KO8 Zertuche -- You could tear Zertuche's arms off and he'd fight ya with his teeth!
Pavlik UD12 Taylor -- With injuries to both hands Pavlik outboxed "the more talented" boxer.

Shut the **** up re****.

Boo
Boo Radley your the biggest idiot on this forum.

His post was a ****ing joke, how on earth can you not see that ?

haha the way you've charged in defending pavlik nearly as funny as the first post itself.
Nalian is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Gary Lockett I/C Ballistic Anti-Hypetrain Rocket *Caution: Point Away From Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalian
Boo Radley your the biggest idiot on this forum.

His post was a ****ing joke, how on earth can you not see that ?

haha the way you've charged in defending pavlik nearly as funny as the first post itself.
A joke and stupid thread.
The taff is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Nalian
Formerly "yesihavearm"
ESB Full Member

Quote:

Shut the **** up re****.

Boo
Oh yeah and just to add fire.

Calzaghe resume vs Pavlik resume

Eubank beats Zuniga
Mitchell beats Mckart
Brewer beats Pierre
Lacy beats Zertuche
Reid beats Miranda
Kessler beats Taylor

Calzaghe beats Pavlik

Now sit down.
Nalian is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalian
Oh yeah and just to add fire.

Calzaghe resume vs Pavlik resume

Eubank beats Zuniga
Mitchell beats Mckart
Brewer beats Pierre
Lacy beats Zertuche
Reid beats Miranda
Kessler beats Taylor

Calzaghe beats Pavlik

Now sit down.
Kessler beats Taylor??? Now I know for sure THAT YOU ARE A ****ING RE****!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Now why don't you make a poll on that? Considering he's such a re**** he'll be in the minority eh?

You are a ****ing joke, and can't see the wood for the trees with Pavlik's ***** covering your eyes
Old 04-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Now why don't you make a poll on that? Considering he's such a re**** he'll be in the minority eh?
Yeah. That's how boxing matches are settled. Internet polls.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #9
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

Quote:

You are a ****ing joke, and can't see the wood for the trees with Pavlik's ***** covering your eyes
Polls have nothing to do with it. The majority picked Lacey over calzaghe. The Majority picked Miranda and Taylor over Pavlik. I picked the winner every ****ing time. The only fights I've been wrong about in the last few years were Delahoya/Mayweather and Pavlik/McKart. That's 2 fights wrong and probably 30 where I picked a winner. Can you say the same? Since you're the same clown that said Slappy joe is more accomplished than Hopkins, somehow I doubt it.

Last edited by RussianConcussion; 05-23-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #10
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit
LOL !!

I think a lot of people on here think thats the truth
The taff is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit
That wasn't my point you dumb ****. If its so obvious, and this guy is such a re**** for picking Kessler to beat Taylor there should be a huge disparity in the results. Unless every person that picks him is a re****

Now **** off and take your emoticons with you.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Gary Lockett I/C Ballistic Anti-Hypetrain Rocket *Caution: Point Away From Face*

Quote:

Shut the **** up re****.

Boo

Not big on sarcasm are you
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #13
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:

Shut the **** up re****.

Boo
Of those listed, Miranda and Taylor are the only names worth anything. Zuniga... rated at 13, wow. Look at the ratings of any division and there is **** in the top ten due to politics never mind outside the top ten. The WBC have Timothy Bradley as the number 1 contender to face Witter for the 140 belt.

Pavlik is not a hype job, he is a very good fighter, with great power, great workrate and an excellent attitude towards the fight game. He is a real blessing for boxing.

BUT, to argue his competition outside of the last two is good, is disingenuous or delusional. And your twisting of facts to support your argument is poor.

Quoting McKart as a name, when he was 36, well past his best and who had never beaten a top level fighter, had been dropped numerous times even at his best and was a light middle by nature.

And quoting Pierre as a name... Yes he had a good KO ratio against no marks with losing records, he had also lost his previous fight by KO to the great Willie Gibbs and been starched in one round by the vastly overrated Duddy.

The best you can come up with for Zertuche is that he is gutsy...yeah and he also had not fought anyone of any merit and got stopped in his fight after Pavlik as well...because, well...he is not really very good.

Pavlik is willing to fight anyone and deserves FULL respect and credit for what he did to Miranda and what he did against Taylor both times. He is entitled to an easy defence now (against domestic level Lockett) and then I am sure we will see him fight and beat Abraham.

But he is overhyped by people like you, Jetski and Realizm who say he would destroy Calzaghe, destroy Kessler etc and yet his resume is in the main padded and how any boxing fan can deny the glaring holes in his defence, and how wide his attacks are etc, is beyond me.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
You patently don't know boxing. Kessler would beat the living **** out of Taylor. Kessler has as fast hands as Taylor only his jab is harder, his right hand is much harder, he throws the uppercut far better and he is more accurate.

In addition his timing is better, and he has a better chin.

Explain how Taylor would possibly beat Kessler.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #15
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
That wasn't my point you dumb ****. If its so obvious, and this guy is such a re**** for picking Kessler to beat Taylor there should be a huge disparity in the results. Unless every person that picks him is a re****

Now **** off and take your emoticons with you.
Reread your own post and see if you really think you were specific in what the poll would be on. Then go **** off with your self rightousness.
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum