Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
sgarcia805
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default ATG CLASSIC Marquez vs Morales

A thread to compare the Mexican ATGS....

1. Why did they never fight, when they fought around the same divisions over the years???
2. A detailed opinion on how the fight would play out, both fighters in their primes at 126???
3. Who has the better resume????
sgarcia805 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ATG CLASSIC Marquez vs Morales

1. Morales was on top seen as you know the fan favorite, had the popularity eveything. Marquez was considered High risk low reward because of his amazing Boxing skills, and was top P4P, but he didn't want him not MORALES fault IMO, as Arum never wanted to put Morales in with Marquez, because Marquez wasn't marketable like Morales was.... so it never happened, Morales never pushed for the fight either and that is WHY when it finally became possible last year for Marquez to face MORALES, he did the same thing to him out of revenge.

2.IMO Marquez would beat him H2H any version, Marquez would have counter punched him to death, specially at 126-130, I mean look at barrera with his superior skills got the better of Morales whenever he was strictly boxing, and not letting his heart make it a war. Marquez would take it.

3.Resume wise when Longevity, top ranked opponents are considered and defining wins, Marquez is clearly the superior.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Promoters always think that boxing geniuses are not markeatable, thus why Arum never put Morales at risk with Marquez.
Arum know there was a great possibility Marquez would win, and when you have a fighter like Morales who's a crowd pleaser and likes to WAR, then if you're his promoter you go to great lenghths to not match him with a fighter like Marquez who in Arum's mind would have been harder to promote.

Arum really missed the boat though on this one. As we've found out recently, if you push Marquez to the edge, he will fight back with as much heart and guts as any Mexican who ever climbed a ring!

Marquez vs Morales at 126 lbs would have been a great fight.
Morales' height and reach would have made it competitve through the first half I feel.
I feel Marquez is more versatile in his savy and shot selection.
I think physically he's a stronger, quicker, and faster at any weight from 126 on up to Welter for Morales.
Add to it Morales always gasses down the stretch. He's like a DLH or Cotto in that regard.

I like Marquez by clear UD, but Morales does fight to the end so a late tko is always possible because of Morales great will to win.
divac is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

I think we would have seen the fight but pac happened to crash the party.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
I think we would have seen the fight but pac happened to crash the party.
MAB and Morales were allready going out of their way to avoid Marquez even before Pacquiao came on the featherweight scene.

Marquez was more deserving of a shot at MAB which Marquez had been calling for, but MAB thought Pacquiao would be an easier opponent for himself.
Little did MAB know at the times that Pacquiao goes though left hand happy reliant fighters like a knife through butter.

After Morales lost to MAB in their 3rd fight. Arum saw an open window to repair that damage by matching him with the fighter (Pacquiao) that made mincmeat out of MAB, but who was easily outboxed by JMM.

Through all of that era, every fighter in that divsion knew Marquez was that skill fighter you should avoid if there were other options.

I look upon how things transpired now, and I think that because Marquez was so avoided, boxing may very easily have missed out on seeing in action, on the big stage, one of the very best to ever climb a ring.

Marquez was the best of that mini-fab four featherweight era, but he was only given a chance to prove that past his prime years into his mid and late thirties.

A damn shame we did'nt get to witness Marquez beating the likes of MAB and Morales when all were prime!

The corrupt higher ups that control the sport did'nt get their way though.
The hunger and will to prove how good he was kept Marquez afloat and being the oldest, he's the one standing at the top this very second.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
divac is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Morales beats that ass . I also like his reach in this fight I think that would be a huge factor in that fight .

Morales also has the better resume .

Marquez only has Manny's name connecting the 3 ..If it not for Manny would any of his previous wins keep him in the discussion ? No ! He should have lost to a faded Barrera but dodges a bullet ..

Yet he's better than these 2 I still at some of the things I read on him .Excellent fighter a master of the sweet science but really not on par with them overall ..

1 name will not supersede the entire body of work for any of these guys ..Seems the one name is the measuring stick most of the time when talking about these guys .
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

Morales is the greatest of the 3. Stylistically speaking, I think Morales beats JMM down at his best around 122lbs. Prime Morales would have mopped the floor with Manny Pacquiao.
pound is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
MAB and Morales were allready going out of their way to avoid Marquez even before Pacquiao came on the featherweight scene.

Marquez was more deserving of a shot at MAB which Marquez had been calling for, but MAB thought Pacquiao would be an easier opponent for himself.
Little did MAB know at the times that Pacquiao goes though left hand happy reliant fighters like a knife through butter.

After Morales lost to MAB in their 3rd fight. Arum saw an open window to repair that damage by matching him with the fighter (Pacquiao) that made mincmeat out of MAB, but who was easily outboxed by JMM.

Through all of that era, every fighter in that divsion knew Marquez was that skill fighter you should avoid if there were other options.

I look upon how things transpired now, and I think that because Marquez was so avoided, boxing may very easily have missed out on seeing in action, on the big stage, one of the very best to ever climb a ring.

Marquez was the best of that mini-fab four featherweight era, but he was only given a chance to prove that past his prime years into his mid and late thirties.

A damn shame we did'nt get to witness Marquez beating the likes of MAB and Morales when all were prime!

The hunger and will to prove how good he was kept Marquez afloat and being the oldest, he's the one standing at the top this very second.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Not many wanted anything to do with a prime Marquez except for Pacquiao.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Divac knocked it out of the park in this thread. No facts I can add, none I can dispute.

I will say the I'm glad Marquez is finally getting his due at the end of his career. I've personally always loved his style. It can be so beautiful. Unfortunately, it was also the reason promoters didn't want to invite him to the big parties.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Morales was getting whooped by Pacman for some time, and Barrera got clearly beat by Marquez. If Morales didn't think he could win than I know he can't, Marquez UD12.

Marquez has the better resume, for the same reasons I rank Marquez above Pacman.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post

Only a retard would consider any of the three close/competitive fights "robberies". Want a real schooling/robbery?, Chavez-Whitaker.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Not many wanted anything to do with a prime Marquez except for Pacquiao.
Pacquiao knew nothing about Marquez when Murad Muhamad his then promoter signed the Marquez fight.
Freddie Roach voiced publicly he did'nt like the matchup for Pacquiao.
Roach publicly voiced that Marquez was a better fighter than both MAB and Morales, and that if it were up to him, Marquez would be put last in line of fighters for Pacquiao to fight.

You saw what happened when Pacquiao left Muhamad and signed with Top Rank. It took Arum 4 years to make the Marquez rematch and it only happened because Pacquiao was getting butchered in boxing forums like this for wanting to fight paper champions like David Diaz instead of taking on a real challenge against a fighter who had allready beaten him.

That and that Marquez was now 4 years older is the reason why they risked it again against Marquez.

Since their first fight, team Pacquiao has gone to all lenghths to put Marquez behind the 8 ball and have him at a disadvantage climbing the ring.
Marquez has perservered despite that everytime!
divac is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum