hhascup
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: New Monster Boxing History Quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaJisAhoe View Post
you have all questions right.
Thanks, But I am still waiting to see if someone knows the 2 questions I added. Here they are again:

I would like to add 2 more questions:

65. Why did this site delete the "2013 New Year's Trivia Quiz?"

66. Why did they delete the post I put out asking why they deleted it?

Anyone that comes up with the answers will received a Great prize from yours truly!
hhascup is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #32
hhascup
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
you have all questions right.
Thanks, But I am still waiting to see if someone knows the 2 questions I added. Here they are again:

Anyone that comes up with the answers will received a Great prize from yours truly!
hhascup is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #33
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhascup View Post

Has this not been sorted yet Henry?

I can think of no good reason to delete a good spirited quiz on classic boxing trivia.

especially two years running! Both times deleting your questions about it!

It's baffling.
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #34
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You answered 53 questions of the 64 questions correctly.
The questions you have wrong/unanswered are number 2, 6, 21 (Khan?), 26 ("Excessive holding" but you basically had it right), 28, 32, 34, 37, 44, 51 and 57.
Great job.
not giving me Balboa huh??
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #35
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

Quote:

It happened last year, one of the moderators knows it annoys you, and thus did it again.

Quote:

It was in the wrong forum. Such correspondences should be put in the Suggestions and requests forum.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #36
hhascup
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
[/b]

It happened last year, one of the moderators knows it annoys you, and thus did it again.

It was in the wrong forum. Such correspondences should be put in the Suggestions and requests forum.

Thanks for your responses, But it happened in this forum, so it should be answered in this forum.
hhascup is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #37
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

What? The thread asking why was deleted also?

This is crazy.
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

first off thank you for going to the time to post this quiz.

Here goes.

Against which fighter did Oscar de la Hoya win the WBO Middleweight Championship oft he world ? Sturm

2. Who was the first guy to knock down Roy Jones Jr. in the pros ? del valle

3. One of the most famous trilogies of all time was between Rocky Graziano and whom ….? zale

4. Which hall of famer was called the „Pittsburgh Windmill“ ? greb

5. Did Jameel McCline ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? no

6. There are only 5 southpaws who won a Heavyweight World Championship in boxing history. Name at least 3 of them ! moored, Byrd, ibragimov

7. Who won the heavyweight tournament which was staged by the WBA after Muhammad Ali was stripped of his title for refusing to go to the military ? ellis

8. Which one of those is a southpaw ? - a.) Mike McCallum b.) Lloyd Honeyghan c.) Michael Nunn d.) Donald Curry nunn

9. One of the most famous trilogies ever occurred between Barney Ross and whom ? mclarnin

10. True or False: Floyd Mayweather Senior fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the Welterweight Championship of the World. false

11. True or False: Randall „Tex“ Cobb knocked out Earnie Shavers in the pros. true

12. Against whom did Muhammad Ali fight in his pro debut? no idea

13. How many times did Sonny Liston defend the heavyweight title before losing it to Muhammad Ali? – a.) once b.) 5 times c.) 10 times once

14. Who was the first Heavyweight Champion who broke the rule „they never come back“ which means that he regained the heavyweight title after losing it ? patterson

15. What was Archie Moore’s nickname ? old mongoose

16. Against whom did Sugar Ray Leonard win the WBC light heavyweight World Championship? lalonde

17. Before losing the title to Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler had 12 successful middleweight title defenses. Only one of those 12 opponents was able to last the distance with Hagler- who was it ? briscoe?

18. Who was the trainer of disgraced boxer Luis Resto, who removed padding in his gloves before his fight against Billy Collins Jr. in 1983 ? No idea

19. Who was the first southpaw to win a mayor World Heavyweight Title? moorer

20. Who did Henry Armstrong fight when he tried to win the Middleweight Championship of the World and only got a draw ? ceferino garcia

21. Who did Timothy Bradley beat to win his first World Title at light welterweight? witter

22. True or False: The father of Teddy Atlas was a lawyer. false

23. Former Tyson trainer Kevin Rooney fought one Hall of Fame boxer in his pro career and got stopped in the second round. Which hall of famer was it? no idea

24. What was Azumah Nelson‘s nickname? the professor

25. To which opponent did Muhammad Ali repeatedly say „what is my name, what is my name?“ during the fight because he called Ali by his old name „Cassius Clay“ before the fight ? terrell

26. Why was Henry Akinwande disqualified in his Heavyweight Title fight against Lennox Lewis? hitting behind the head

27. Hall of famer Matthew Saad Muhammad had 8 successful title defenses oft he WBC light heavyweight title. Against whom did he lose the title in his 9th title defense? qawi

28. Who of these 4 fighters is part of MENSA , the organization for people who have scored in the highest 2 % of takers in an IQ test ? – a.) Eddie Mustafa Muhammad b.) Sugar Ray Leonard c.) Bobby Czyz d .) Jean-Marc Mormeck czyz

29. Who of those 4 Hall of Famers was murdered ? - a.) Barney Ross b.) Lou Ambers c.) Stanley Ketchel d.) Joe Gans ketchel

30. How old was Harry Greb when he died? - a.) 32 b.) 62 c.) 92 32

31. How did French Middleweight Legend and Hall of Famer Marcel Cerdan die ? old age

32. Who are the only 2 fighters Kostya Tsyzu lost to in his professional career ? Phillips and hatton

33. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship oft he World ? sharkey

34. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ?
hide
35. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ? Thompson

36. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ? 15

37. What was the nickname of Hall of Fame Boxer Bobby Chacon ? no idea

38. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield biggs

39. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ? 5

40. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ? greb

41. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Riddick Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?) 2nd (though not on my card)

42. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ? purrity

43. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer vargas

44. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ? tua

45. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times
c.) 14 times 6

46. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ? 25

47. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World? no

48. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ? duran, leonard, hearns, hagler

49. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ? antuofermo - draw

50. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship oft he world ? barkley

51. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ? williams, margarito

52. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ? 8

53. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship oft he World ? de leon

54. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ? young

55. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career. true

56. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career. True

57. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 10

58. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado allen

59. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ? augustus

60. Arturo Gatti fought his last fight against ….? alfonso gomez

61. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? no

62. Which fighter became famous for knocking Jack Dempsey out of the ring ? firpo

63. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ? Tunney - Dempsey 2

64. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ? jack blackburn
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #39
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I have been following your quizes, and refuse to answer these questions untill you find the answer to 65-66....McGrain responded to your last one saying he would look into it....Hopefully we hear why soon! Good luck you are a fount of knowledge that is needed on this site!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #40
hhascup
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
What? The thread asking why was deleted also?

This is crazy.
YES, this is the 2nd year in a row someone deleted the Quiz and me asking why the Quiz was deleted. I 1st thought it was an honest mistake deleting the last years quiz, But when they deleted my asking asking why, I no longer thought it was a mistake. Now the same thing happened this year and all I am asking is WHY?
hhascup is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #41
hhascup
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
I have been following your quizes, and refuse to answer these questions untill you find the answer to 65-66....McGrain responded to your last one saying he would look into it....Hopefully we hear why soon! Good luck you are a fount of knowledge that is needed on this site!
PhillyPhan69 I thank you so much for your comments, it means a lot to me!

Last year a few posters stated that they were going to get to the bottom of this, But nothing happened.

Just a side note, I am recognized as one of the most respected people in all of boxing and a lot of boxing people ask me why do I bother going on sites like this, and things like this, prove them right. I have been asked and done Eulogy's for some of the Great names in all of boxing when they pass away and I give them a "9" count. You can google my name to find out more.
hhascup is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #42
JennaJisAhoe

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
first off thank you for going to the time to post this quiz.

Here goes.
I thank you for doing the quiz. You answered 53 questions of the 64 questions correctly.
The questions you have wrong/unanswered are questions number 12, 17, 18, 23, 26, 31, 37, 39, 52, 53, and 57
JennaJisAhoe is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #43
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
I thank you for doing the quiz. You answered 53 questions of the 64 questions correctly.
The questions you have wrong/unanswered are questions number 12, 17, 18, 23, 26, 31, 37, 39, 52, 53, and 57
Cheers, I can live with that
Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #44
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

1. Against which fighter did Oscar de la Hoya win the WBO Middleweight Championship of he world ? Sturm

2. Who was the first guy to knock down Roy Jones Jr. in the pros ? Lou del valle

3. One of the most famous trilogies of all time was between Rocky Graziano and whom ….? Tony zale

4. Which hall of famer was called the „Pittsburgh Windmill“ ? Harry Greb

5. Did Jameel McCline ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? No

6. There are only 5 southpaws who won a Heavyweight World Championship in boxing history. Name at least 3 of them ! Moorer, Byrd , Sanders

7. Who won the heavyweight tournament which was staged by the WBA after Muhammad Ali was stripped of his title for refusing to go to the military ? Joe Frazier

8. Which one of those is a southpaw ? - a.) Mike McCallum b.) Lloyd Honeyghan c.) Michael Nunn d.) Donald Curry ... Curry?

9. One of the most famous trilogies ever occurred between Barney Ross and whom ? No idea

10. True or False: Floyd Mayweather Senior fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the Welterweight Championship of the World. false

11. True or False: Randall „Tex“ Cobb knocked out Earnie Shavers in the pros. false

12. Against whom did Muhammad Ali fight in his pro debut? No idea

13. How many times did Sonny Liston defend the heavyweight title before losing it to Muhammad Ali? – a.) once b.) 5 times c.) 10 times -only once

14. Who was the first Heavyweight Champion who broke the rule „they never come back“ which means that he regained the heavyweight title after losing it ? Joe Louis?

15. What was Archie Moore’s nickname ? The mongoose

16. Against whom did Sugar Ray Leonard win the WBC light heavyweight World Championship?Donny lalonde

17. Before losing the title to Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler had 12 successful middleweight title defenses. Only one of those 12 opponents was able to last the distance with Hagler- who was it ? Roberto Duran

18. Who was the trainer of disgraced boxer Luis Resto, who removed padding in his gloves before his fight against Billy Collins Jr. in 1983 ? Panama Lewis

19. Who was the first southpaw to win a mayor World Heavyweight Title? Moorer

20. Who did Henry Armstrong fight when he tried to win the Middleweight Championship of the World and only got a draw ? Dunno

21. Who did Timothy Bradley beat to win his first World Title at light welterweight? Junior witter

22. True or False: The father of Teddy Atlas was a lawyer. False (thankyou fightnight)

23. Former Tyson trainer Kevin Rooney fought one Hall of Fame boxer in his pro career and got stopped in the second round. Which hall of famer was it? No idea

24. What was Azumah Nelson‘s nickname? the professor

25. To which opponent did Muhammad Ali repeatedly say „what is my name, what is my name?“ during the fight because he called Ali by his old name „Cassius Clay“ before the fight ? Dunno

26. Why was Henry Akinwande disqualified in his Heavyweight Title fight against Lennox Lewis? Holding?

27. Hall of famer Matthew Saad Muhammad had 8 successful title defenses oft he WBC light heavyweight title. Against whom did he lose the title in his 9th title defense? Qawi

28. Who of these 4 fighters is part of MENSA , the organization for people who have scored in the highest 2 % of takers in an IQ test ? – a.) Eddie Mustafa Muhammad b.) Sugar Ray Leonard c.) Bobby Czyz d .) Jean-Marc Mormeck ..Eddie Mustafa Mohammed

29. Who of those 4 Hall of Famers was murdered ? - a.) Barney Ross b.) Lou Ambers c.) Stanley Ketchel d.) Joe Gans -Ketchel

30. How old was Harry Greb when he died? - a.) 32 b.) 62 c.) 92 - A.32

31. How did French Middleweight Legend and Hall of Famer Marcel Cerdan die ? Plane Crash

32. Who are the only 2 fighters Kostya Tsyzu lost to in his professional career ? Phillips and hatton

33. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship oft he World ? duno

34. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ?
Herbie Hide
35. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ? Carl Thompson

36. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ? 12

37. What was the nickname of Hall of Fame Boxer Bobby Chacon ? no idea

38. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield .. Holyfield

39. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ? 6

40. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ? Harry Greb

41. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Riddick Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?) 2nd

42. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ? only 1 i can think of is sanders and buggered if i can think of the other guy who knocked him out

43. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer.. Fernando vargas

44. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ? David Tua

45. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times
c.) 14 times A.6

46. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ? 25

47. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World? no

48. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ? Hagler Hearns Duran Leonard

49. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ? boogaloo watts

50. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship oft he world ? Iran barkley

51. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ? williams, margarito

52. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ? 7

53. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship of the World ? qawi

54. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ? Jimmy young

55. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career. true

56. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career. True

57. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 b.10

58. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado .. Robert allen

59. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ? Emmanuel augustus

60. Arturo Gatti fought his last fight against ….? alfonso gomez

61. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? no

62. Which fighter became famous for knocking Jack Dempsey out of the ring ? dunno

63. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ? Tunney - Dempsey 2

64. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ? dunno

Some of those questions are gonna drive me nuts
Dinamita85 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #45
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
After seeing your score, if you tell me that you're 19 years old, I will hunt you down.
You were wrong on Tex Cobb knocking out Shavers, he did knock out Shavers.
You can check boxrec.
dyna is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum