Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #46
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: New Monster Boxing History Quiz

Let me try: (I admit i'll keep answers from past answers I knew was right)

1. Against which fighter did Oscar de la Hoya win the WBO Middleweight Championship of he world ? Sturm

2. Who was the first guy to knock down Roy Jones Jr. in the pros ? Lou DEl Valle

3. One of the most famous trilogies of all time was between Rocky Graziano and whom ….? Tony Zale

4. Which hall of famer was called the „Pittsburgh Windmill“ ? Harry Greb

5. Did Jameel McCline ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? No

6. There are only 5 southpaws who won a Heavyweight World Championship in boxing history. Name at least 3 of them ! Moorer, Byrd, Sanders, Ibraghimov, Chagaev

7. Who won the heavyweight tournament which was staged by the WBA after Muhammad Ali was stripped of his title for refusing to go to the military ? Jimmy Ellis

8. Which one of those is a southpaw ? - a.) Mike McCallum b.) Lloyd Honeyghan c.) Michael Nunn d.) Donald Curry ... Nunn

9. One of the most famous trilogies ever occurred between Barney Ross and whom ? Canzoneri

10. True or False: Floyd Mayweather Senior fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the Welterweight Championship of the World. false, NABF if im not mistaken

11. True or False: Randall „Tex“ Cobb knocked out Earnie Shavers in the pros. True

12. Against whom did Muhammad Ali fight in his pro debut? Tony Hunsacker (not sure about spelling)

13. How many times did Sonny Liston defend the heavyweight title before losing it to Muhammad Ali? – a.) once b.) 5 times c.) 10 times -only once

14. Who was the first Heavyweight Champion who broke the rule „they never come back“ which means that he regained the heavyweight title after losing it ? Floyd Patterson

15. What was Archie Moore’s nickname ? The Mongoose

16. Against whom did Sugar Ray Leonard win the WBC light heavyweight World Championship? Donny Lalonde, along with the WBC supermiddle

17. Before losing the title to Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler had 12 successful middleweight title defenses. Only one of those 12 opponents was able to last the distance with Hagler- who was it ? Roberto Duran

18. Who was the trainer of disgraced boxer Luis Resto, who removed padding in his gloves before his fight against Billy Collins Jr. in 1983 ? Panama Lewis

19. Who was the first southpaw to win a mayor World Heavyweight Title? Moorer

20. Who did Henry Armstrong fight when he tried to win the Middleweight Championship of the World and only got a draw ? Ceferino Garcia

21. Who did Timothy Bradley beat to win his first World Title at light welterweight? Junior witter

22. True or False: The father of Teddy Atlas was a lawyer. False (thankyou fightnight)

23. Former Tyson trainer Kevin Rooney fought one Hall of Fame boxer in his pro career and got stopped in the second round. Which hall of famer was it? Alexis Arguello

24. What was Azumah Nelson‘s nickname? The Professor

25. To which opponent did Muhammad Ali repeatedly say „what is my name, what is my name?“ during the fight because he called Ali by his old name „Cassius Clay“ before the fight ? Ron Lyle

26. Why was Henry Akinwande disqualified in his Heavyweight Title fight against Lennox Lewis? Excessive Holding

27. Hall of famer Matthew Saad Muhammad had 8 successful title defenses oft he WBC light heavyweight title. Against whom did he lose the title in his 9th title defense? Dwight Muhammad Qawi

28. Who of these 4 fighters is part of MENSA , the organization for people who have scored in the highest 2 % of takers in an IQ test ? – a.) Eddie Mustafa Muhammad b.) Sugar Ray Leonard c.) Bobby Czyz d .) Jean-Marc Mormeck .. Bobby Czyz

29. Who of those 4 Hall of Famers was murdered ? - a.) Barney Ross b.) Lou Ambers c.) Stanley Ketchel d.) Joe Gans -Stanley Ketchel

30. How old was Harry Greb when he died? - a.) 32 b.) 62 c.) 92 - A.32

31. How did French Middleweight Legend and Hall of Famer Marcel Cerdan die ? Plane Crash

32. Who are the only 2 fighters Kostya Tsyzu lost to in his professional career ? Phillips and Hatton

33. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship oft he World ? Jack Sharkey, DQ

34. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ?
Herbie Hide

35. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ? Carl Thompson

36. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ? 12

37. What was the nickname of Hall of Fame Boxer Bobby Chacon ? The Schoolboy

38. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield .. Biggs

39. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ? 6

40. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ? Harry Greb

41. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Rid**** Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?) 2nd

42. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ? Ross Purity

43. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer.. Fernando vargas

44. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ? David Tua

45. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times
c.) 14 times A.6

46. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ? 25

47. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World? No

48. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ? Hagler Hearns Duran Leonard

49. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ? Draw, Antofuermo

50. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship oft he world ? Iran barkley

51. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ? Williams, Margarito

52. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ? 7

53. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship of the World ? Qawi

54. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ? Jimmy young

55. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career. true

56. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career. False, I'm not sure, but I think he was knocked down against Timo Hoffman

57. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 b.10

58. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado .. Robert Allen

59. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ? Emmanuel Augustus

60. Arturo Gatti fought his last fight against ….? Alfonso Gomez

61. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? No

62. Which fighter became famous for knocking Jack Dempsey out of the ring ? Luis Firpo

63. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ? Tunney - Dempsey 2

64. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ? Jack Blackburn

Hope I got most right.

Last edited by SugarShane_24; 01-03-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Shit, I forgot about Ross-Canzoneri, have to edit
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #47
JennaJisAhoe

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinamita85 View Post

Some of those questions are gonna drive me nuts
You answered 45 Questions of the 64 Questions correctly.
Thanks for participating.
JennaJisAhoe is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #48
JennaJisAhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Let me try: (I admit i'll keep answers from past answers I knew was right)

Hope I got most right.
You have 59 Questions of the 64 Questions correct.
The only false/unanswered Questions are number 9, 25, 36, 56 and 57

Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #49
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
You were wrong on Tex Cobb knocking out Shavers, he did knock out Shavers.
You can check boxrec.

Boxrec isnt always right mate. Dont think that its always gospel, although in this case you are correct
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #50
JennaJisAhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
Boxrec isnt always right mate. Dont think that its always gospel, although in this case you are correct
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #51
FlyingFrenchman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaJisAhoe View Post
I made a Monster Boxing History Quiz for the People of the Classic Forum Section.
64 Questions -Rules: Don't use boxrec or any other help. And don't read the answers of other people in this thread before doing the quiz yourself. It is only fun if we don't cheat (ourselves).
Thank you.
It is easy to write the answers down: just reply to my post (click on "quote") and then write your answers right below the questions (inside my comment)
I will personally go through all your answers and tell you afterwards how many you got right.
So Here are the 64 Questions:

1. Against which fighter did Oscar de la Hoya win the WBO Middleweight Championship of the world ?
Felix Sturm W12

2. Who was the first guy to knock down Roy Jones Jr. in the pros ?
Lou Del Valle

3. One of the most famous trilogies of all time was between Rocky Graziano and whom ….?
Tony Zale

4. Which hall of famer was called the „Pittsburgh Windmill“ ?
Billy Conn

5. Did Jameel McCline ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ?
No

6. There are only 5 southpaws who won a Heavyweight World Championship in boxing history. Name at least 3 of them !
Michael Moorer, Chris Byrd, Ruslan Chagaev, Sultan Ibragimov

7. Who won the heavyweight tournament which was staged by the WBA after Muhammad Ali was stripped of his title for refusing to go to the military?
Jimmy Ellis

8. Which one of those is a southpaw ? - a.) Mike McCallum b.) Lloyd Honeyghan c.) Michael Nunn d.) Donald Curry
c.) Michael Nunn

9. One of the most famous trilogies ever occurred between Barney Ross and whom ?
Jimmy McLarnin

10. True or False: Floyd Mayweather Senior fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the Welterweight Championship of the World.
False

11. True or False: Randall „Tex“ Cobb knocked out Earnie Shavers in the pros.
True

12. Against whom did Muhammad Ali fight in his pro debut?
Tunney Hunsaker

13. How many times did Sonny Liston defend the heavyweight title before losing it to Muhammad Ali? – a.) once b.) 5 times c.) 10 times
a.) once (Floyd Patterson KO1)

14. Who was the first Heavyweight Champion who broke the rule „they never come back“ which means that he regained the heavyweight title after losing it ?
Floyd Patterson

15. What was Archie Moore’s nickname?
Old Mongoose

16. Against whom did Sugar Ray Leonard win the WBC light heavyweight World Championship?
Donnie Lalonde KO9

17. Before losing the title to Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler had 12 successful middleweight title defenses. Only one of those 12 opponents was able to last the distance with Hagler- who was it ?
Roberto Duran

18. Who was the trainer of disgraced boxer Luis Resto, who removed padding in his gloves before his fight against Billy Collins Jr. in 1983 ?
Panama Lewis

19. Who was the first southpaw to win a major World Heavyweight Title?
Michael Moorer

20. Who did Henry Armstrong fight when he tried to win the Middleweight Championship of the World and only got a draw ?
Ceferino Garcia

21. Who did Timothy Bradley beat to win his first World Title at light welterweight?
Manny Pacquiao

22. True or False: The father of Teddy Atlas was a lawyer.
False, he was a doctor

23. Former Tyson trainer Kevin Rooney fought one Hall of Fame boxer in his pro career and got stopped in the second round. Which hall of famer was it?
Alexis Arguello

24. What was Azumah Nelson‘s nickname?
The Professor

25. To which opponent did Muhammad Ali repeatedly say „what is my name, what is my name?“ during the fight because he called Ali by his old name „Cassius Clay“ before the fight ?
Ernie Terrell

26. Why was Henry Akinwande disqualified in his Heavyweight Title fight against Lennox Lewis?
Excessive Holding

27. Hall of famer Matthew Saad Muhammad had 8 successful title defenses oft he WBC light heavyweight title. Against whom did he lose the title in his 9th title defense?
Dwight Qawi

28. Who of these 4 fighters is part of MENSA , the organization for people who have scored in the highest 2 % of takers in an IQ test ? – a.) Eddie Mustafa Muhammad b.) Sugar Ray Leonard c.) Bobby Czyz d .) Jean-Marc Mormeck
c.) Bobby Czyz

29. Who of those 4 Hall of Famers was murdered ? - a.) Barney Ross b.) Lou Ambers c.) Stanley Ketchel d.) Joe Gans
c.) Stanley Ketchel

30. How old was Harry Greb when he died? - a.) 32 b.) 62 c.) 92
a.) 32

31. How did French Middleweight Legend and Hall of Famer Marcel Cerdan die ?
Plane Crash

32. Who are the only 2 fighters Kostya Tsyzu lost to in his professional career ?
Vince Phillips and Ricky Hatton

33. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship of the World ?
Jack Sharkey by DQ

34. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title?
WBO- Herbie Hide KO2
WBC- Corrie Sanders

35. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ?
Carl Thompson KO5

36. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ?

37. What was the nickname of Hall of Fame Boxer Bobby Chacon ?
School Boy

38. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield
c.) Tyrell Biggs 1984

39. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ?

40. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ?
Harry Greb, he beat Greb several times though

41. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Rid**** Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?)
The 2nd, in 1993

42. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ?
Ross Puritty KO11

43. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer
c.) Fernando Vargas

44. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ?
David Tua in 19 seconds

45. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times
c.) 14 times
a.) 6 times

46. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ?

47. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World?
No

48. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ?
Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran

49. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ?
Vito Antuofermo D15

50. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship of the world?
Iran Barkley

51. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ?
Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito

52. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ?
7, he was 6-0-1 (5)

53. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship of the World ?
Dwight Qawi (WBC)

54. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ?
Jimmy Young

55. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career.
True

56. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career.
True

57. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 times
c.) 15

58. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado
b.) Robert Allen

59. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ?
Augustus

60. Arturo Gatti fought his last fight against ….?
Alfonso Gomez LKOby7

61. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ?
No

62. Which fighter became famous for knocking Jack Dempsey out of the ring ?
Luis Angel Firpo

63. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ?
Tunney vs. Dempsey II

64. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ?
Jack Blackburn
Good quiz

Last edited by FlyingFrenchman; 01-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.
FlyingFrenchman is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #52
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You answered 45 Questions of the 64 Questions correctly.
Thanks for participating.

Can live with that only started watchin boxing properly 7 years ago ..anythin before that was a hatton or calzaghe fight ha
Dinamita85 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #53
FlyingFrenchman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think I got 1 wrong
Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #54
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
I know, but generally when boxrec is wrong a tko is listed as a dq or vice versa.
And sometimes boxrec doesn't list all fights (Khaosai Galaxy retired unavenged, but boxrec misses some fights)
dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #55
JennaJisAhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrenchman View Post
I think I got 1 wrong
Questions 4 and 21 are wrong.

Thank you.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #56
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I made a Monster Boxing History Quiz for the People of the Classic Forum Section.
64 Questions -Rules: Don't use boxrec or any other help. And don't read the answers of other people in this thread before doing the quiz yourself. It is only fun if we don't cheat (ourselves).
Thank you.

It is easy to write the answers down: just reply to my post (click on "quote") and then write your answers right below the questions (inside my comment)
I will personally go through all your answers and tell you afterwards how many you got right.

So Here are the 64 Questions:

1. Against which fighter did Oscar de la Hoya win the WBO Middleweight Championship oft he world ? Flexi Strum?

2. Who was the first guy to knock down Roy Jones Jr. in the pros ?

3. One of the most famous trilogies of all time was between Rocky Graziano and whom ….? SRR

4. Which hall of famer was called the „Pittsburgh Windmill“ ? Harry Greb

5. Did Jameel McCline ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ? No?

6. There are only 5 southpaws who won a Heavyweight World Championship in boxing history. Name at least 3 of them !
Michael Moore. George Foreman...ummmm.....bruce seldon?
7. Who won the heavyweight tournament which was staged by the WBA after Muhammad Ali was stripped of his title for refusing to go to the military ? Norton?

8. Which one of those is a southpaw ? - a.) Mike McCallum b.) Lloyd Honeyghan c.) Michael Nunn d.) Donald Curry McCallum?

9. One of the most famous trilogies ever occurred between Barney Ross and whom ?
???
10. True or False: Floyd Mayweather Senior fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the Welterweight Championship of the World. False..before Sugar Ray was champ

11. True or False: Randall „Tex“ Cobb knocked out Earnie Shavers in the pros. true

12. Against whom did Muhammad Ali fight in his pro debut? dont know off the top of my head

13. How many times did Sonny Liston defend the heavyweight title before losing it to Muhammad Ali? – a.) once b.) 5 times c.) 10 times
a
14. Who was the first Heavyweight Champion who broke the rule „they never come back“ which means that he regained the heavyweight title after losing it ? patterson

15. What was Archie Moore’s nickname ?
the old mongosse
16. Against whom did Sugar Ray Leonard win the WBC light heavyweight World Championship? Donnie LaLong

17. Before losing the title to Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler had 12 successful middleweight title defenses. Only one of those 12 opponents was able to last the distance with Hagler- who was it ?
????
18. Who was the trainer of disgraced boxer Luis Resto, who removed padding in his gloves before his fight against Billy Collins Jr. in 1983 ?
Panam Lewis
19. Who was the first southpaw to win a mayor World Heavyweight Title?
Foreman (born a south paw) however moore was the first one to fight as a south paw
20. Who did Henry Armstrong fight when he tried to win the Middleweight Championship of the World and only got a draw ?
???
21. Who did Timothy Bradley beat to win his first World Title at light welterweight?
devon alexander?
22. True or False: The father of Teddy Atlas was a lawyer.
False, doctor
23. Former Tyson trainer Kevin Rooney fought one Hall of Fame boxer in his pro career and got stopped in the second round. Which hall of famer was it? hmmm not sure

24. What was Azumah Nelson‘s nickname?
the professor
25. To which opponent did Muhammad Ali repeatedly say „what is my name, what is my name?“ during the fight because he called Ali by his old name „Cassius Clay“ before the fight ?
he did that to a few guys didnt he? patterson was one. but the one he is most famous for is Ernie Turell
26. Why was Henry Akinwande disqualified in his Heavyweight Title fight against Lennox Lewis?excessive holding

27. Hall of famer Matthew Saad Muhammad had 8 successful title defenses oft he WBC light heavyweight title. Against whom did he lose the title in his 9th title defense? ummm dont know..but i wil guess and say Dwight muhammed qawi

28. Who of these 4 fighters is part of MENSA , the organization for people who have scored in the highest 2 % of takers in an IQ test ? – a.) Eddie Mustafa Muhammad b.) Sugar Ray Leonard c.) Bobby Czyz d .) Jean-Marc Mormeck Bobby Czyce, C. or so he says

29. Who of those 4 Hall of Famers was murdered ? - a.) Barney Ross b.) Lou Ambers c.) Stanley Ketchel d.) Joe Gans
C, Ketchel
30. How old was Harry Greb when he died? - a.) 32 b.) 62 c.) 92
a
31. How did French Middleweight Legend and Hall of Famer Marcel Cerdan die ?
WWII?
32. Who are the only 2 fighters Kostya Tsyzu lost to in his professional career ?

Ricky hatton..and ummm...dont know
33. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship oft he World ?
sharkey
34. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ?
is the wbo being counted? corrie sanders won him the WBC title. Not sure about WBO...was it larry donald?
35. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ?
Adamcyk?
36. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ?
15th
37. What was the nickname of Hall of Fame Boxer Bobby Chacon ?
???
38. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield
C)
39. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ?
40. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ?
Harry Greb
41. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Rid**** Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?)
2nd
42. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ?
Ross Purity
43. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer
C Vargas
44. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ?
David Tua
c.) 14 times
a
46. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ?
47. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World?
No
48. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ?
Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton
49. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ?
Vito Antiferma
50. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship oft he world ?
ummm i know it, cant think of it
51. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ?
Paul Williams/ Antion Margateria
52. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ?
14? (guess i knowi t was very low)
53. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship oft he World ?
Dwight Qawi
54. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ?
Jimmy Young
55. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career.
True?
56. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career.
True
57. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 times
a
58. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado
b
59. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ?
Johnson
60. Arturo Gatti fought his last fight against ….?
Gomez
61. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ?
no
62. Which fighter became famous for knocking Jack Dempsey out of the ring ?
Firpo
63. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ?
Dempsey-Tunney II
64. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ? Blackburn
noooooo
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
JennaJisAhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
noooooo
you answered 39 Questions of the 64 Questions correctly.

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #58
FlyingFrenchman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Questions 4 and 21 are wrong.

Thank you.
oh yeah, I thought #21 said WW title, oh well... 2 wrong ain't bad
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #59
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
thanx JJA, but i already said he was indeed correct. I was just pointing out the fact that Boxrec, although very good, isnt always right
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #60
JennaJisAhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Jack Blackburn.
You answered 45 of the 64 Questions correctly.

Thanks for participating

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum