|01-07-2013, 12:58 PM||#61|
ESB Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: New Monster Boxing History Quiz
|01-07-2013, 01:28 PM||#62|
ESB Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: New Monster Boxing History Quiz
1. Against which fighter did Oscar de la Hoya win the WBO Middleweight Championship oft he world ?
Felix Strum, who was robbed
2. Who was the first guy to knock down Roy Jones Jr. in the pros ?
3. One of the most famous trilogies of all time was between Rocky Graziano and whom ….?
4. Which hall of famer was called the „Pittsburgh Windmill“ ?
5. Did Jameel McCline ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ?
6. There are only 5 southpaws who won a Heavyweight World Championship in boxing history. Name at least 3 of them !
Micheal Moorer, Chris Byrd, Corrie Sanders
7. Who won the heavyweight tournament which was staged by the WBA after Muhammad Ali was stripped of his title for refusing to go to the military ?
8. Which one of those is a southpaw ? - a.) Mike McCallum b.) Lloyd Honeyghan c.) Michael Nunn d.) Donald Curry
C. Michael Nunn
9. One of the most famous trilogies ever occurred between Barney Ross and whom ?
10. True or False: Floyd Mayweather Senior fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the Welterweight Championship of the World.
11. True or False: Randall „Tex“ Cobb knocked out Earnie Shavers in the pros.
12. Against whom did Muhammad Ali fight in his pro debut?
13. How many times did Sonny Liston defend the heavyweight title before losing it to Muhammad Ali? – a.) once b.) 5 times c.) 10 times
14. Who was the first Heavyweight Champion who broke the rule „they never come back“ which means that he regained the heavyweight title after losing it ?
15. What was Archie Moore’s nickname ?
16. Against whom did Sugar Ray Leonard win the WBC light heavyweight World Championship?
17. Before losing the title to Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler had 12 successful middleweight title defenses. Only one of those 12 opponents was able to last the distance with Hagler- who was it ?
18. Who was the trainer of disgraced boxer Luis Resto, who removed padding in his gloves before his fight against Billy Collins Jr. in 1983 ?
Panama Al Lewis
19. Who was the first southpaw to win a mayor World Heavyweight Title? M. Moorer
20. Who did Henry Armstrong fight when he tried to win the Middleweight Championship of the World and only got a draw ?
21. Who did Timothy Bradley beat to win his first World Title at light welterweight?
Punk from Great Britain, Junior Witter
22. True or False: The father of Teddy Atlas was a lawyer.
23. Former Tyson trainer Kevin Rooney fought one Hall of Fame boxer in his pro career and got stopped in the second round. Which hall of famer was it?
24. What was Azumah Nelson‘s nickname?
25. To which opponent did Muhammad Ali repeatedly say „what is my name, what is my name?“ during the fight because he called Ali by his old name „Cassius Clay“ before the fight ?
26. Why was Henry Akinwande disqualified in his Heavyweight Title fight against Lennox Lewis?
27. Hall of famer Matthew Saad Muhammad had 8 successful title defenses oft he WBC light heavyweight title. Against whom did he lose the title in his 9th title defense?
The Camden Buzzsaw Dwight Braxton
28. Who of these 4 fighters is part of MENSA , the organization for people who have scored in the highest 2 % of takers in an IQ test ? – a.) Eddie Mustafa Muhammad b.) Sugar Ray Leonard c.) Bobby Czyz d .) Jean-Marc Mormeck
c. B Czyx
29. Who of those 4 Hall of Famers was murdered ? - a.) Barney Ross b.) Lou Ambers c.) Stanley Ketchel d.) Joe Gans
c. S. Ketchel
30. How old was Harry Greb when he died? - a.) 32 b.) 62 c.) 92
31. How did French Middleweight Legend and Hall of Famer Marcel Cerdan die ?
32. Who are the only 2 fighters Kostya Tsyzu lost to in his professional career ?
R. Hatton & "Cool" Vince Phillips
33. Against which fighter did Max Schmeling win the Heavyweight Championship oft he World ?
34. Against whom did Vitali Klitschko win his first Heavyweight World Title ? Herbie Hyde
35. Who was the first guy to defeat David Haye in the pros ?
36. In which round did Muhammad Ali stop Chuck Wepner and Oscar Bonavena (it was the same round) ?
37. What was the nickname of Hall of Fame Boxer Bobby Chacon ?
38. Only one of those 4 fighters won an Olympic Gold medal- which one is it ? - a.) Roy Jones Jr. b.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. c.) Tyrell Biggs d.) Evander Holyfield
39. How many times did Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake La Motta fight each other ? 3
40. Gene Tunney has only one Loss on his pro record- against whom did he lose ?
41. Evander Holyfield won only 1 of his 3 fights with Rid**** Bowe- which one did Holyfield win ? (the 1st, the 2nd or the 3rd ?)
42. Who was the first fighter to defeat Wladimir Klitschko in the pros ?
43. Which one of these 4 fighters is NOT a southpaw ? – a.) Lucian Bute b.) Joe Calzaghe c.) Fernando Vargas d.) Michael Moorer
44. Who was the first guy to stop Heavyweight Champion John Ruiz ?
45. How many times did Rocky Marciano defend the Heavyweight title after winning it against Jersey Joe Walcott ? a.) 6 times b.) 10 times
c.) 14 times
46. How many successful title defenses did Joe Louis have ?
47. Was Cus D‘ Amato still alive when Mike Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship oft he World?
48. Who are the so called „Fabulous 4“ in one oft he best boxing eras of all time ?
Hearns, Duran, Leonard, Benitez
49. Who did Marvin Hagler face when he fought for the middleweight title for the first time and who won the fight ?
50. Against which fighter did Roberto Duran win the (WBC) Middleweight Championship oft he world ?
51. Sergio „Maravilla“ Martinez has 2 losses on his record. Who are the 2 fighters he lost to ?
A. Margarito & P. Williams
52. How many pro fights did Leon Spinks have when he stepped into the ring with Muhammad Ali for the first time ?
53. Against which fighter did Evander Holyfield win the Cruiserweight Championship oft he World ?
54. Who gave George Foreman his 2nd loss, after which he retired for 10 years ?
55. True or False: Wladimir Klitschko was knocked down 11 times in his pro career.
56. True or False: Vitali Klitschko was never knocked down in his pro career.
57. How many times did Naseem Hamed defend his (WBO) featherweight title before losing to Marco-Antonio Barrera ? - a.) 5 times b.) 10 times c.) 15 times
58. Which one of those fighters fought 3 times against Bernard Hopkins: a.) Jermain Taylor , b.) Robert Allen, c.) Segundo Mercado
c. S. Mercado
59. Who has more Losses on his record – Glen „the Road Warrior“ Johnson or Emanuel „the Drunken Master“ Augustus ?
60. Arturo Gatti fought his last fight against ….?
61. Did Andrew Golota ever win a mayor Heavyweight World Title ?
62. Which fighter became famous for knocking Jack Dempsey out of the ring Luis Firpo
63. In which fight did the infamous „long count“ happen ? @nd
Tunney - Dempsey
64. Who was the trainer of Joe Louis ? [/quote]