KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356
Default Re: Pacquiao allegedely showing early signs of Parkinsons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pacquiao showing early signs of Parkinson's disease?

A neurologist on Thursday said he has been observing early signs of Parkinson's disease from Filipino boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Dr. Rustico Jimenez, President of Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines, told radio dzMM that among the early signs of Parkinson's being exhibited by Pacquiao include stuttering and hand twitching.

Jimenez urged the Filipino champion to retire from boxing in order to avoid what happened to Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) and award-winning trainer Freddie Roach who were both afflicted with the progressive disorder of the nervous system.

n a separate phone interview, Jimenez clarified that he could be wrong with his observations, but nevertheless told Pacquiao to be cautious.

He said while he has not met Pacquiao to personally check on his condition, his hand twitches during television interviews should be a cause for concern.

This is not the first time that a medical expert raised concerns over Pacquiao's health.

Dr. Raquel Fortun, a renowned forensics expert in the country, earlier said she is not convinced with the CT scan results clearing Manny Pacquiao following his knockout loss to Mexican foe Juan Manuel Marquez.

She said severe head trauma could lead to Alzheimer’s disease or a form of dementia that worsens over time.

She said several studies have been done on the effect of chronic trauma or repeated hits to the head among athletes, particularly boxers and football players.

Fortun said the knockout punch that hit Pacquiao was actually 2 hits: when Marquez's fist connected with Pacquiao's face and when the boxing champ fell face down on the canvass.

She said a severe blow to the head could damage the dura mater, which is a membrane that surrounds the brain. Once damaged, it could lead to a subdural hematoma.

The forensic expert expressed alarm over reports that Pacquiao allegedly had a slight seizure after falling unconscious from Marquez's hammer blow to the head.
The above sounds a lot like the below

Israeli doctor claims elder Klitschko has Parkinson's disease symptoms

Israeli neurosurgeon Jonathan Degen from Herzliya Medical Center claims WBC heavyweight champion Vitaly Klitschko is showing early symptoms of Parkinson's disease.

The doctor made his conclusion having watched the boxer in action. An expert in cognitive psychology and neuroscience, Degen advised the elder Klitschko to quit boxing immediately.

“Vitaly is a great champion, but he must take care of himself. I watch all his fights. And of course, I watched his clash against Tomasz Adamek on September 10. It was a total victory, but some dangerous symptoms in Vitaly’s behavior alerted me and I want to warn him. I think that 40 years is that age for Vitaly when it’s dangerous to continue boxing,” Degen told from-ua.com.

Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system. It results from the death of dopamine-generating cells in the substantia nigra, a region of the midbrain. It has become almost a professional disease for boxers who receive a lot of hard punches to head during their career.

Mohammed Ali is the most vivid example. The disease is currently incurable.
“I drew attention to Klitschko’s movement in the ring during the fight against Adamek as an expert,” the doctor added. “Note that he possessed full advantage, but was unable to deliver any knockout punch to a helpless opponent. It was hard for him to coordinate his body. Adamek received pokes instead of punches.”

“It’s impossible to beat all the contenders. He has already become a legend, now it’s time to take care of his health,” Degen concluded.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Hope this isn't true. Here's the link to the article.

Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 104601

is this the new line of excuse?
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
Saku
We Are All One
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1562

Link not available?
Parkinson or not, any boxer who sees damage to his nerves or brain should quit boxing immediately!
Saku is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #22
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
is this the new line of excuse?
About time a re**** like this hops in.

With all the wars and serious opposition Pacquiao has been facing his entire career this sad news, which is hopefully not true, shouldn't be surprising.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
About time a re**** like this hops in.

With all the wars and serious opposition Pacquiao has been facing his entire career this sad news, which is hopefully not true, shouldn't be surprising.
If the boy is shaking, we would've seen it already. Pac is on TV plenty of times.

You gullible re****. Find me a clip where he is shaking or "hand twitching"
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Knowing Team Pac this can easily be a ploy to save face since his stock has drastically dropped in the last 3 fights. He's also a christian who doesn't mind to lie about things so I'm not sold on this or what the "forensics" expert had to say as well. I really think the sympathy ploy is being used here. Go fight Floyd who always preached about health and blood tests while you claimed he was scared this whole time mr fearless. Love how people change their tunes. Why give a **** about health now? 400 pacturds didnt care for Floyds concern for health. Dont be hypocrites.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
I Talk Tonight
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richel Hersisia View Post
never been a fan of his since he moved up from 130... But i def hope he's ok.. He deserves to have at least another 40 healthy years to enjoy his retirement.

I really do hope both he and JMM retires.. There is nothing left to proof. I would really hate to see both get beat up by younger less talented fighters.

although i would be lying if i say that i didn't want to see another Pac vs JMM..
Not a fan?? What's not to like you mentalist? Fan friendly style, with great wars, good finishes and leaves it all in the ring!!
If i hear any **** about cherry picks in your response i shall be ****ed.
I Talk Tonight is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #26
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Talk Tonight View Post
Not a fan?? What's not to like you mentalist? Fan friendly style, with great wars, good finishes and leaves it all in the ring!!
If i hear any **** about cherry picks in your response i shall be ****ed.
You brought it up pal so dont get mad. I'm not a religious person but if true this is all just karma for picking on men who should have retired just like him.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #27
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Knowing Team Pac this can easily be a ploy to save face since his stock has drastically dropped in the last 3 fights. He's also a christian who doesn't mind to lie about things so I'm not sold on this or what the "forensics" expert had to say as well. I really think the sympathy ploy is being used here. Go fight Floyd who always preached about health and blood tests while you claimed he was scared this whole time mr fearless. Love how people change their tunes. Why give a **** about health now? 400 pacturds didnt care for Floyds concern for health. Dont be hypocrites.

ikr. I thought Pac****s loves a guy who doesn't care about health. So should they care if Pac has secret shakes that no one has ever seen?

Operation pinoy butthurt recovery phases:
phase1
1) said it was a lucky punch
2) JMM's intentional foot stomping
3) hitting "after" the bell and JMM should be DQed
4) Now ****sinsons
Whatever the excuse that would serve as lube for their asshole.

Phase2
Pac retires and God healed his disease so he no longer shakes and twitch.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
ikr. I thought Pac****s loves a guy who doesn't care about health. So should they care if Pac is secret shakes that no one has ever seen?
Team Pac seems to care that JMM is on steroids that they've never seen before. The argument can always be turned back on the accuser if you ask me. **** health. Manny has no fear so please let Manny be consistent atleast on one manner unlike the rest of his life. This **** exposes how dumb his fans have been. Manny shouldn't be a ***** like Floyd is all Im saying. Im using Pacquiao fans logic. Once again doont be hypocrites.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I really hope not. Pacquiao has had a long, tough career and I hope he hangs them up soon. Boxing is a dangerous sport and he has a bright future in politics ahead of him.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #30
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
ikr. I thought Pac****s loves a guy who doesn't care about health. So should they care if Pac has secret shakes that no one has ever seen?

Operation pinoy butthurt recovery phases:
phase1
1) said it was a lucky punch
2) JMM's intentional foot stomping
3) hitting "after" the bell and JMM should be DQed
4) Now ****sinsons
Whatever the excuse that would serve as lube for their asshole.

Phase2
Pac retires and God healed his disease so he no longer shakes and twitch
sbbigmike is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum