boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #46
dan-b

vCash:
Default Re: Wright vs Olegusen...

Why was Michael Hunter fighting a midget?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #47
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Olusegun had an off night tonight but he still showed the qualities of a champion to come out and pull out a win. It is a sign of a good fighter that you can pull out a result on a bad night. Junior Witter has had plenty of frustrating nights like that in his career.

Was a bit concerned by the winging wide shots that Ajose was throwing as they leave him open.

Did not think he was truly hurt in round four, but he was definitely was out of sorts against Wright who deserves credit for giving him problems.

All in all a frustrating performance, but maybe now other domestic fighters will come forward to face him.
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #48
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichDam
Olusegun had an off night tonight but he still showed the qualities of a champion to come out and pull out a win. It is a sign of a good fighter that you can pull out a result on a bad night. Junior Witter has had plenty of frustrating nights like that in his career.

Was a bit concerned by the winging wide shots that Ajose was throwing as they leave him open.

Did not think he was truly hurt in round four, but he was definitely was out of sorts against Wright who deserves credit for giving him problems.

All in all a frustrating performance, but maybe now other domestic fighters will come forward to face him.
Who would you like to see him fight next? I'm thinking Colin Lynes.

Last edited by Nick Balsamo; 02-04-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #49
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Yeah. I think Lynes and Olusegun are the top light-welters other than Hatton and Witter so this would make sense.
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #50
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Ajose Is terrible, don't see the fuss In him at world level, Witter and Hatton would Ko him. He was dancing and dropping his hands but was taking jabs and hooks still.

If Wright had kept the pressure up with the jab and kept Ajose on the backfoot he could of won that.

He should never of let Ajose get away with dropping his hands while he was having a shake.

Why dance and throw flurries when your going to tire and hold? Plus he was taking alot of hooks and jabs.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #51
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Colin on points or tko.

Lyne's jab Is sharp for pressuring Ajose on the backfoot and he wouldn't allow him to shake himself loose or dance around like that.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #52
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

wer is olu g rotimi?

dont think we'll hear from him for a while he'll have his head in the sand.

ajose had the cheeck to show boat a little in the latter rounds.........if wright could have upped the pace a bit he would be dethroned.

haha and still he shouts out witter and hattton, and i'm sure he mentioned wrights fans when he was asked about his workrate saying it was their fault...............
maka is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #53
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Well, I think Olusegun is taking a bit of uneccesary stick from everyone, probably because people want to, cos the guy has called out fan favourites like Witter & Hatton. So hes never going to get a fair press on here for that reason.

Personally? I think Ajose did just fine, people are wondering why Wright tired in the second half of the fight, it was cos Olusegun was landing some sickening body shots in there in the early rounds, & Wright unravelled & just became happy to survive.
I cant see what all the fuss is about Wrights performance, he landed some decent jabs & one big shot throughout the fight, I honestly thought Wright only won two rounds of that fight.
Ajose couldnt score the KO, but it was always going to be a big ask to stop Wright, as hes a proven fighter at this level.

& remember folks, Olusegun takes the Wrights of this world on cos he wants to prove himself in tough fights, & when he doesnt stop a guy who has never been stopped in his career everyone is writing him off
But as I say, I think thats cos there is an anger towards him now cos he dares to call out Hatton & Witter.

As for the commentary, very biased as usual in favour of Wright. I cant believe they gave Wright the opening 3 rounds, if Wright done anything of note, I must hve blinked & missed it. Olusegun meanwhile was working the body & breaking his man down, as was shown later in the fight when Wright was glad just to survive, & even admitted afterwards Olusegun hurt him to the body, & then described Olusegun as 'world class'.
Wright didnt sound like a guy who thought the fight was close, so all this wailing & gnashing of teeth going on about how the fight was close & Olusegun isnt any good just smacks of sour g****s to me.

IMO It was a relatively easy nights work for Olusegun. He knew it, Wright knew it. Even Wrights noisy support were quiet as mice at the end cos they knew their boy didnt stand chance of pulling the win off.

Another good scalp for Olusegun. Thats the bottom line.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #54
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I really have to disagree mate, I had Ajose winning by 1 round (I had a few drawn rounds that maybe should have been given to Ajose) but he's found his level IMHO. No way is he world class.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #55
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

So how many are on Olu's list to get reamed?
themacallan is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 03:55 AM   #56
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hi Guys. What can I say other than we did it again. 22-0 Dunky baby, Top Dog and Rich Dam.

While I know some of the English posters were hoping Wright could pull it off we knew along he could not. Yes Ajose did not give a vintage performance but he clearly worked Wright out and showed he could win any which way. Wright himself admitted that Ajose was world class afterwards and that he had never been hurt the way Ajose hurt him particularly to the body. We congratulate Wright for his spirited performance in that he was better than we thought anh has improved but you need much more than a jab to beat an under par Ajose. I hope Colin Lynes now has the intestinal fortitude to fight Ajose and he now believes he can win because I can promise him and his fans that the day they step in with us we will gladly end his career.

I understand that Demetrius Hopkins might not fight Witter on the 22nd well if not Ajose is ready as we removed the cobwebs yesterday. Come on Junior the fight has been overdue. Remember Ajose was number 1 contender for the Commonwealth title for 2 years before you ultimately gave it up rather than face your mandatory. I hear Junior is at his peak after stopping Vivian Harris. If Ajose is not world class as the English posters claim then what have you got to fear?

We have always known what would happen. Let us do both guys at their best.

We have always been happy to accomodate Hatton as well.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 03:59 AM   #57
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo
So how many are on Olu's list to get reamed?

We are willing and ready to take on anyone. Kendall Holt, Hatton, Junior or Senior Witter, Torres. whomsoever claims to be top dog at Junior Welterweight we are willing and ready.

As Dunky said once again we were prepared and relished going into the hostile environment of the other guys hometown and do the necessary.

Yes it was not a vintage performance but we clearly won and showed versatility to change things around to win. That is what we do.

As I have always said the Strong survive.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:01 AM   #58
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles187
Still wants hatton?????? He'd get ****in ruined!!
We are happy to accomodate the fatman whenever especially in Manchester. We love beating local hereos at home. It is extra special.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:17 AM   #59
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Olu will hate me.... Respect Olu and for your sake I hope i'm wrong but for me Wright is fast, skilful and powerful enough to score an upset points win. I'll be very impressed with a Olusegun stoppage.
Okay Jeff you are entitled to your prediction and opinion and of course I will never hate you. You are an enlightened poster and fighting man yourself. Nigel is a good kid and was game but once again in adversity Ajose prevails. It was no where near his best performance but we did what was necessary to win.

Please listen to Wrights comment post the fight. Wright's fan are pretty special to.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:30 AM   #60
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

am i missing something with this guy? that's twice i've seen him now and if we're talking world level i don't see him anything other than slightly better than mediocre.the guy was terrible last night,he struggled against an opponent who if we're talking world elite is not much more than a journeyman,as is gary reid.all i saw ojose do last night was repeat the same mistake throughout,that is wing a flurry of arced punches downstairs with his chin high in the air.he was sloppy and ragged all the way through.fair play he upped his workrate in the 2nd half of the fight and desevedly won,but even then wright contributed to that when he stopped stepping in with the jab and dropped his own workrate in the 2nd half.the reason so called hatton fans give him stick is because hatton who's operated at a much higher level is dissed for his efforts,while this no more than half decent world level operator,is touted by some on here as the 2nd coming.i could be all diplomatic here because i like olu and dunky but hatton would beat him on one of his bad nights.
ron u.k. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum