Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-09-2008, 05:50 AM   #61
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: Wright vs Olegusen...

I had it 115-114 to Ajose but a couple of those rounds were tight and I expected it to be actually more of a gap than the 116-113 to be honest. Ok fight but Ajose is not ready for the likes of Hatton, Witter, Torres and Lynes of the world just yet. He needed a special performance and all we got was a walk about. Unlucky Lynes once again he struggled like mad over the last stretch.

Ajose vs Daws would be good next. A bigger step up and Ajose will get creamed.

Ron.uk- Ajose has had two good wins. Tonight was not an off night more like they were lucky blips.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #62
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Firstly, credit to Olusegun for the win.

However, after seeing his performances against Reid and Wright I am far from convinced he is a world class operator. After 7 years in the pro game I think he has probably found his level.

For me he is overrated.
elle is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 06:13 AM   #63
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle

However, after seeing his performances against Reid and Wright I am far from convinced he is a world class operator. After 7 years in the pro game I think he has probably found his level.

For me he is overrated.

Olu's gonna get yer!

Old 02-09-2008, 06:27 AM   #64
selhurst
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Hi Guys. What can I say other than we did it again. 22-0 Dunky baby, Top Dog and Rich Dam.

While I know some of the English posters were hoping Wright could pull it off we knew along he could not. Yes Ajose did not give a vintage performance but he clearly worked Wright out and showed he could win any which way. Wright himself admitted that Ajose was world class afterwards and that he had never been hurt the way Ajose hurt him particularly to the body. We congratulate Wright for his spirited performance in that he was better than we thought anh has improved but you need much more than a jab to beat an under par Ajose. I hope Colin Lynes now has the intestinal fortitude to fight Ajose and he now believes he can win because I can promise him and his fans that the day they step in with us we will gladly end his career.

I understand that Demetrius Hopkins might not fight Witter on the 22nd well if not Ajose is ready as we removed the cobwebs yesterday. Come on Junior the fight has been overdue. Remember Ajose was number 1 contender for the Commonwealth title for 2 years before you ultimately gave it up rather than face your mandatory. I hear Junior is at his peak after stopping Vivian Harris. If Ajose is not world class as the English posters claim then what have you got to fear?

We have always known what would happen. Let us do both guys at their best.

We have always been happy to accomodate Hatton as well.
I'm sorry Olu but you cannot get away with just brushing Ajose's poor performance under the carpet. He looked amateurish and had no rhythm at all in the first three rounds. He continued to throw wild swinging shots that would have no chance of catching a fighter with Witter's reflexes. To his credit he worked hard, had some success to the body, and dug out a victory - but the quality of his punches hardly improved!

It was also worrying how easy it was to read when he was tired - the rounds went Ajose flurry, back off and rest on the ropes - Ajose flurry, back off and rest on the ropes. A fighter of Hatton's quality would punish him badly for that.

I watched Ajose's last fight and was hoping to be impressed but sadly on this form he would be lucky to beat Colin Lynes, a fighter who doesn't tire after five rounds and continues to throw an accurate jab.
selhurst is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #65
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Witter would spark him within 3 rounds. Witter wouldn't let him get away with dropping his hands, shaking off or lunging In with hands low to throw flurries then hold.

He can't seriously believe Witter or Hatton Is ducking him can he?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #66
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

He's a decent fighter, but no way deserves the hype and 'avoided' tag.

Witter would handily beat him.
Smith is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #67
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Overrall not impressed. Ajose came in the ring underestimating Wright imo, didnt look like he planned for such a hard nights work maybe that went against him, but even technique wise I dont see anything in him that will trouble the top boys at the weight. Any suggestion of him fighting for a World title is laughable.

He had trouble with the southpaw style, Wrights jab didnt have any trouble landing and if Wright stood on his shots a bit more, was a bit mre active for more of the round and let his left hand go he could have won.

Ajose vs Colin Lynes makes sense but I would pick Colin to decision him. lynes has an excellent jab, good fundamentals, doesnt make too many mistakes at all and can comfortably do 12 rounds against good oposition. I see him out boxing ajose and being about 4 rounds up come round 12.

Oleguson is definately not World class.
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #68
rooq
East Side Guru

maybe he won't be avoided much longer...especially after that performance.

it seems to me that ajose's best wins came when he was an unknown quantity, and he hasn't performed as well when being favourite. if thats the case, maybe he'll raise his game if he manages to land a title fight. or maybe he'll just get severely exposed.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #69
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
am i missing something with this guy? that's twice i've seen him now and if we're talking world level i don't see him anything other than slightly better than mediocre.the guy was terrible last night,he struggled against an opponent who if we're talking world elite is not much more than a journeyman,as is gary reid.all i saw ojose do last night was repeat the same mistake throughout,that is wing a flurry of arced punches downstairs with his chin high in the air.he was sloppy and ragged all the way through.fair play he upped his workrate in the 2nd half of the fight and desevedly won,but even then wright contributed to that when he stopped stepping in with the jab and dropped his own workrate in the 2nd half.the reason so called hatton fans give him stick is because hatton who's operated at a much higher level is dissed for his efforts,while this no more than half decent world level operator,is touted by some on here as the 2nd coming.i could be all diplomatic here because i like olu and dunky but hatton would beat him on one of his bad nights.
Ron Ajose has stopped better fighters than Wright and beaten them up more convincingly. If people especially other fighters think we are not a threat great let them stop avoiding us and let us do it. Hatton is ready made to order for Ajose and if he thinks he saw the real Olusegun last night more fool him and his fans. Ron I like you too and I am not saying it was a great performance. It was not in fact it was the worst performance of Ajose's career actually that is a fact but he pulled it out which should tell you something. Also Wright admitted no one had hurt him ever like the way Ajose did.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #70
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

For me he is overrated.
If we are overrated then Hatton and Witter have nothing to fear do they. As for Lynes he has not proven that he is better than Lenny Daws who made him quit hell from last night performance I would fancy Wright against him as well.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #71
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhurst
I'm sorry Olu but you cannot get away with just brushing Ajose's poor performance under the carpet. He looked amateurish and had no rhythm at all in the first three rounds. He continued to throw wild swinging shots that would have no chance of catching a fighter with Witter's reflexes. To his credit he worked hard, had some success to the body, and dug out a victory - but the quality of his punches hardly improved!

It was also worrying how easy it was to read when he was tired - the rounds went Ajose flurry, back off and rest on the ropes - Ajose flurry, back off and rest on the ropes. A fighter of Hatton's quality would punish him badly for that.

I watched Ajose's last fight and was hoping to be impressed but sadly on this form he would be lucky to beat Colin Lynes, a fighter who doesn't tire after five rounds and continues to throw an accurate jab.
I might be missing something mate but do you really think that we would fight Hatton or Witter the way we fought Wright. I mean come on mate you know your boxing.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #72
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
Overrall not impressed. Ajose came in the ring underestimating Wright imo, didnt look like he planned for such a hard nights work maybe that went against him, but even technique wise I dont see anything in him that will trouble the top boys at the weight. Any suggestion of him fighting for a World title is laughable.

He had trouble with the southpaw style, Wrights jab didnt have any trouble landing and if Wright stood on his shots a bit more, was a bit mre active for more of the round and let his left hand go he could have won.

Ajose vs Colin Lynes makes sense but I would pick Colin to decision him. lynes has an excellent jab, good fundamentals, doesnt make too many mistakes at all and can comfortably do 12 rounds against good oposition. I see him out boxing ajose and being about 4 rounds up come round 12.

Oleguson is definately not World class.
Come on Colin England expects you to take up the bait. Come and avenge the honour of the foreign invader. Now whether Colin has the bottle finally will soon be seen.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #73
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Quote:
Come on Colin England expects you to take up the bait. Come and avenge the honour of the foreign invader. Now whether Colin has the bottle finally will soon be seen.
I think its funny that you call for Hatton and Witter, it makes sense as that is where the money is but its funny none the less. It is a matter of levels, Ajose was getting out boxed but a domestic fighter at his very best a British title challenger, he scraped it not through actual talent but Wrights lack of confidence with the 12 rund distance and his alliance with one punch - the southpaw jab (which by the way Ajose doesnt like at all).

To land the big fights you have to prove your worth and have something worth fighting for. Scraping past Wright in a ugly commonwealth title fight doesnt give you a shot at a World belt, it doesnt even get you knocking on the door.

Colin Lynes I agree would be a good fight for Ajose aswel as a 'winnable' one. but this doesnt mean he is ducking Ajose, he holds a more significant belt and is a lot closer to a world title challenge than most people think, he also looked better in his last outing, beating Ajose doesnt get Lynes any closer to a world title shot. Branco And Mbaye are more worthwhile fights for Lynes, he would probably get the same money, a former world title holder on the CV and a light welterweight world ranking.
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #74
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
If we are overrated then Hatton and Witter have nothing to fear do they. As for Lynes he has not proven that he is better than Lenny Daws who made him quit hell from last night performance I would fancy Wright against him as well.
I agree - Hatton and Witter have nothing to fear.

As for Lynes - you say he has not proven he is better than Lenny Daws and yet since they fought Daws went on to lose to the guy Lynes then clinched the british title from.

Lynes is a much improved fighter since his loss to Daws and should be given credit for the way he turned his career around.

Fact is Lynes is european level now. I'd much rather see him defending that title against Branco next than in with Wright - no disrespect to him.
elle is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #75
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree - Hatton and Witter have nothing to fear.

As for Lynes - you say he has not proven he is better than Lenny Daws and yet since they fought Daws went on to lose to the guy Lynes then clinched the british title from.

Lynes is a much improved fighter since his loss to Daws and should be given credit for the way he turned his career around.

Fact is Lynes is european level now. I'd much rather see him defending that title against Branco next than in with Wright - no disrespect to him.
Wright is a better fighter than Lynes as is Lenny Daws and the performances of all 3 guys especially against each other proved. If Lynes was any type of man he would want to fight Ajose, Daws and Wright but the man would rather not face a real fight because he is petrified.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum