Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #586
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 577
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2013 **** New year, new members welcome!

$--WAGERS--$
Tackleberry vs Kirk
$15 - Garcia vs Salido - Garcia (Tackle) vs Salido (Kirk)
David vs Lufcrazy
$15 - Garcia (David) vs Salido (Luf)
Tackleberry vs Beastsideboxing
$10 - Campillo (Tackle) vs Kovalev (Beast)
BeastsideBoxing vs Kirk
$5 - Garcia(Beast) vs Salido (Kirk)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SEEKING A BET!!!!
PinoyProdigy : I want to wager $15 on the Burgos-Martinez fight; I got MiniBurgos UD.
Drinquor : Wants to take Garcia to beat Salido for $15

Recent Results!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BIGGEST WAGERS

FIGHTS WITH MOST WAGERS PLACED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know about ANY errors!

Anyone looking for Wagers come on!
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #587
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 577
Default Re: Salido (4) vs Garcia (11) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fight?

So Kirk, you have two bets where you got Salido, but your official pick is Garcia. Sounds like a win-win situation.
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #588
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Salido (4) vs Garcia (11) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Sure why not.... Ill take it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Ill take that one np
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #589
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyProdigy View Post
So Kirk, you have two bets where you got Salido, but your official pick is Garcia. Sounds like a win-win situation.
Ya.... Salido is actually my favorite fighter in the sport man, so picking against him makes me feel bad But if I picked him it wouldnt be my true pick, as I really do feel Garcia will win. (fingers crossed that Im wrong)

So I figured if Im gonna pick against him then I might as well bet on him, to even it out....

Im really hoping Salido pulls it off though, and if he does that will make my night

As for the league, my 0 would go, but I should be top of the money tree.... which like you said is a win win.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #590
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #591
Tackleberry
The Reverse Somersault!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
Tackleberry is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #592
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

-- Featured Fight --

The Gist
* Put down a little bit on how you think the fight will play out. It will also go into the featured fight video *
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #593
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

WAR!
* Who are you rooting for in this fight? Or do you not care and are just hoping its a good fight? *

SALIDO
Kirk

GARCIA

GOOD FIGHT!
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #594
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
WAR!
* Who are you rooting for in this fight? Or do you not care and are just hoping its a good fight? *

SALIDO
Kirk

GARCIA

GOOD FIGHT!
Good Fight!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #595
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

Howdy, howdy, howdy, anybody want to read some long winded dribble? If you do, I suggest you get another hobby (insert loud laugh track) all jokes aside, grab a can of coke...or a line of coke whatever works for you (insert loud laugh track, again) and hope you enjoy the read and what not. So, here we go, we got a nice weekend of boxing it's the first real, big time boxing of the new year.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Gabriel Campillo- Sergey Kovalev by UD

First up we have Sergey Kovalev and Gabriel Campillo. This fight is a bit like the HBO main event of Orlando Salido and Micky Garcia. Kovalev is taking his first big step up in his career. As of now, he's beaten a couple of solid journeyman, but nothing major. Kovalev will be fighting someone major now though. He will be fighting Gabriel Campillo who should be a major title holder and should be ranked as one of the best 175 fighters in the world. Campillo's last two "losses" were major, major robberies. The first one was a couple of years back versus Beibuit Shumenov on Top Rank's Fox Sports Net. Campillo beat up Shumenov from pillar to post, whopping him up, blooding him up, backing him up, just really beat him up. So, badly, in fact, that the fight could have potentially been stopped. But, low and behold, Shumenov makes it to the final bell, and John Coyle, and Pasquale Procopio saw the fight in favor of Shumenov. Glenn Feldman is no saint either as he saw the fight a draw. But, what can you do?

Almost a year ago, Campillo fought Tavoris Cloud. Cloud dropped Campillo twice, it looked like it was going to be a short night, Cloud was going to elevate himself to that next level, knocking on the door of being a boxing superstar, but Campillo bounced back in round 2, round 3, slowly but surely he was out boxing Cloud, making him miss, making him pay and he was out pointing him. Cloud did make it interesting in the last couple of rounds, I recall Campillo showboating a bit, and actually almost got himself KO'd in the 11th round. Still, that fight Campillo should have won, worst case, a draw, but David Robertson saw it wide for Cloud, Joel Elizondo had Cloud up by a point and Campillo was on the losing end again.

Now, we get to this fight. Campillo is the more accomplished fighter, fighting everywhere and what not. Kovalev is the young upstart, undefeated, and looking to make a name for himself. Skill wise, Campillo is probably better, but he hasn't fought in almost a year and might have a bit of rust. Kovalev, skill wise, is not too bad himself. He's got some nice skills, good power, some pretty quick hands. So, there really isn't a whole lot between them. Style wise, Campillo is pretty tricky, he can do a little of everything. Campillo can walk forward hands up, fighting behind the jab. Or, he can fight off the back foot, give off angles be a bit slick. Kovalev if I had to compare him to someone, it'd be Carl Froch. Kovalev has that left hand down, right hand in front of his face, when firing off he'll leave himself a bit exposed. That's about the best comparison I can come up with right now. He's a bit Froch like in his style.

Overall, it could be a good fight, it's definitely an interesting fight. Is Gabriel Campillo still the same? Can he find it in himself to give it one more go? Just how good is Sergey Kovalev? And, if Campillo wins, will he get the decision? I don't know, we'll just have to see. For a prediction, I have Kovalev winning. I feel that Kovalev is a strong fighter, I think he'll be able to push Campillo around a bit, but I do think Campillo will have his moments. I think he'll be able to counter Kovalev a bit and score, but overall, I think Kovalev will win. I think he'll pass the test, and he'll be a fighter to watch out for at 175.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado- Gennady Golovkin by KO

Gennady Golovkin and Gabriel Rosado has the potential to have a lot of fireworks. It might not be a very competitive fight, but it will be very fun. Gennady Golovkin is a very skillful, powerful fighter who everybody got to see this past September on HBO in his destruction over top 5/10 rated middleweight Super G Proksa. Proksa gave it a game effort, but he was severely outclassed and just destroyed. That's sort of how this fight might be. Gabriel Rosado is a good fighter. And a year ago he made his name known. Fighting on the NBC Sports Network he and Jesus Soto-Karass got it on, but Roasdo was too much. Too much speed, power and stopped Karass. Then he went on to stop Sechew Powell a few months later, and then he beat up Charles Whittaker in a tune up.

Overall, it was a heck of an year for Gabriel Rosado. You can say he was the breakthrough boxer of the year, or at least, a candidate if major publications did that sort of thing. Anyway, Gabriel Rosado's slick, nice speed, solid power, but I don't think it'll be enough. Also, it's worth noting, Rosado has to move up a bit in weight. It's going to be a struggle for Rosado, but he's got a lot of heart. He's not going to lay down, it'll give it a go. So, again, expect a one sided fight, but who knows? May'be Rosado will be able to get a few punches in, get a couple of rounds and it'll be better than expected. But, more than likely, expect an entertaining fight, blood splattering all around, but more than likely one sided. I'm taking Gennady Golovkin in a stoppage victory, propelling him to bigger and better things. For Rosado, though, this definitely shouldn't be the end of the line for him. He has a lot of options and has the potential to beat a lot of fighters in the 154-160 range.
DemolitionDan is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #596
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Kovalev UD
Garcia UD
Golovkin KO4
Roman Martinez UD
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #597
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Mikey Garcia- Miguel Mikey Garcia by UD

Now, here's the big one for this weekend. Orlando Salido and Miguel Mikey Garcia. Right off the bat I'll say this, this is a tricky fight to call, and you pretty much can't give off a really good prediction. Usually, with big fights like this, you get tendencies, you get an idea of how fighters react in certain situations, but this is one of those fights with a lot of unknowns. This is Mikey Garcia's first world title and this is his first fight against a really, really, really good fighter. One of the reasons why this is a 'who knows' type fights, actually the main reason, is because of Garcia. It's not as if Garcia hasn't fought good fighters, he has, but he has broken down each and everyone of those good fighters he has fought. Some of the notable fighters he has taken on include Cornelius Lock, Matt Remillard, Bernabe Concepcion, and Jonathan Victor Barros. He's got a few nice scalps in there. He's just looked so dominate that we haven't seen him pushed. He has yet to be pushed and that's where the unknown factor comes into play. Just how will he react against a really good fighter, that's right in his face, giving him adversity? That's one of the many questions that we'll get an answer to on Saturday night.

We know about Orlando Salido. Salido is an aggressive, experienced, tough, smart fighter. He's got a who's who list of notable fighters that include Yuriorkis Gamboa, Cristobal Cruz, Robert Guerrero (Which technically now never happened because of a failed drug test), and JuanMa Lopez. Salido has the experience, fighting someone like Garcia isn't anything new to Salido.

One of the fun things about this fight is the contrast of styles. Salido, as mentioned, is an aggressive fighter, but a smart one, I'll get into that a little bit later, but Salido is an aggressive fighter. Garcia is more of an outside fighter, fighting behind his jab and just taking it easy on the outside. In all of his previous fights he's been able to dictate the pace. In this fight, It will be a lot harder to dictate the pace. And again, one of things we'll just have to see when this fight happens. Can Garcia fight and throw punches for 12 rounds? What about his stamina? Things like this. Garcia has an anemic punch output, so can he up it up, keep his power, and be able to stay on his feet? We'll just have to find out. It's a mystery, this fight is like a Sherlock Holmes movie...or show....you get where I'm going, it's a Sherlock Holmes type fight. A lot of mystery.

One of the things about both of them is that they are very smart. Garcia gets credit for that by most of the people that have seen him. And he is, he looks like he has a plan, he knows who he is and tries to execute it. Fights on the outside, a lot of feints, working his jab, looks for openings to unleash his left hook. Salido is a bit trickier, on the surface you don't look at him and say "He's a smart fighter." but he is. When you watch the Lopez rematch fight again, there's a lot of nuance to his game. This'd be easier if I had a video to demonstrate this, but Salido, as you may know, as that aggressive bob and weave-ish type style. One of the ways he was able to get through Lopez and land frequently was his ability to out think and feint out JuanMa Lopez. On the surface, Salido looks like just some aggressive brawler throwing punches, but there's definitely a method to his madness. It may not be pretty to look at like outside fighters such as Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather, or even a Miguel Mikey Garcia. But, in a way, it's better than those fighters because Salido is aggressive and has to put himself in harms way to get those openings.

So, overall, not only do these fighters have a lot of skill, but they are thinking fighters. It's not just brawn, but there is a lot of brains to their game. It's just one of those type fights that you don't see very often, and I'm as pleased as punch that this fight is going down. It's an early mega fight and Saturday is going to be a fun fight. Oh yeah, and for a prediction, you know, I'm going to go with Miguel Garcia. I think Garcia has "It" I think he's just one of those fighters that is that good, but when push comes to shove, he can step up in the big moments. I'm going to go with Garcia by decision, because, quite frankly, it's just tough for me to see Salido getting stopped. I know a quick boxrec search in Salido's 11 losses 5 of them have come via stoppage, but that was way back when he was teenager. Heck, just to put in perspective the last time he was stopped, Creed was the biggest rock band in the world with that Human Clay tour and what not, Roy Jones Jr was P4P the best in the world, the Twin Towers were still in New York, so basically, it's been a long, long time. None of us have seen Salido stopped, it tough to see him stopped now. Not that it can't happen, but it's just tough to see. If it were to happen, it'll from Garcia's left hook. Garcia has a wicked left hook, and Salido's best punch is a looping right hand. If Garcia is going to stop Salido, he'll anticipate the looping right hand coming, fire out the left hook and catch Salido. Remember, Lopez did in their rematch, one of the few rounds, if not the only round, Lopez won in that fight. Salido is vulnerable, but he's a tough hombre. We'll see what happens, but that about wraps it up. In the words of Bart Scott after the Jets upset the Patriots in the playoffs about two years ago: CAN'T WAIT!
DemolitionDan is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #598
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDan View Post
Howdy, howdy, howdy, anybody want to read some long winded dribble? If you do, I suggest you get another hobby (insert loud laugh track) all jokes aside, grab a can of coke...or a line of coke whatever works for you (insert loud laugh track, again) and hope you enjoy the read and what not. So, here we go, we got a nice weekend of boxing it's the first real, big time boxing of the new year.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Gabriel Campillo- Sergey Kovalev by UD

First up we have Sergey Kovalev and Gabriel Campillo. This fight is a bit like the HBO main event of Orlando Salido and Micky Garcia. Kovalev is taking his first big step up in his career. As of now, he's beaten a couple of solid journeyman, but nothing major. Kovalev will be fighting someone major now though. He will be fighting Gabriel Campillo who should be a major title holder and should be ranked as one of the best 175 fighters in the world. Campillo's last two "losses" were major, major robberies. The first one was a couple of years back versus Beibuit Shumenov on Top Rank's Fox Sports Net. Campillo beat up Shumenov from pillar to post, whopping him up, blooding him up, backing him up, just really beat him up. So, badly, in fact, that the fight could have potentially been stopped. But, low and behold, Shumenov makes it to the final bell, and John Coyle, and Pasquale Procopio saw the fight in favor of Shumenov. Glenn Feldman is no saint either as he saw the fight a draw. But, what can you do?

Almost a year ago, Campillo fought Tavoris Cloud. Cloud dropped Campillo twice, it looked like it was going to be a short night, Cloud was going to elevate himself to that next level, knocking on the door of being a boxing superstar, but Campillo bounced back in round 2, round 3, slowly but surely he was out boxing Cloud, making him miss, making him pay and he was out pointing him. Cloud did make it interesting in the last couple of rounds, I recall Campillo showboating a bit, and actually almost got himself KO'd in the 11th round. Still, that fight Campillo should have won, worst case, a draw, but David Robertson saw it wide for Cloud, Joel Elizondo had Cloud up by a point and Campillo was on the losing end again.

Now, we get to this fight. Campillo is the more accomplished fighter, fighting everywhere and what not. Kovalev is the young upstart, undefeated, and looking to make a name for himself. Skill wise, Campillo is probably better, but he hasn't fought in almost a year and might have a bit of rust. Kovalev, skill wise, is not too bad himself. He's got some nice skills, good power, some pretty quick hands. So, there really isn't a whole lot between them. Style wise, Campillo is pretty tricky, he can do a little of everything. Campillo can walk forward hands up, fighting behind the jab. Or, he can fight off the back foot, give off angles be a bit slick. Kovalev if I had to compare him to someone, it'd be Carl Froch. Kovalev has that left hand down, right hand in front of his face, when firing off he'll leave himself a bit exposed. That's about the best comparison I can come up with right now. He's a bit Froch like in his style.

Overall, it could be a good fight, it's definitely an interesting fight. Is Gabriel Campillo still the same? Can he find it in himself to give it one more go? Just how good is Sergey Kovalev? And, if Campillo wins, will he get the decision? I don't know, we'll just have to see. For a prediction, I have Kovalev winning. I feel that Kovalev is a strong fighter, I think he'll be able to push Campillo around a bit, but I do think Campillo will have his moments. I think he'll be able to counter Kovalev a bit and score, but overall, I think Kovalev will win. I think he'll pass the test, and he'll be a fighter to watch out for at 175.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado- Gennady Golovkin by KO

Gennady Golovkin and Gabriel Rosado has the potential to have a lot of fireworks. It might not be a very competitive fight, but it will be very fun. Gennady Golovkin is a very skillful, powerful fighter who everybody got to see this past September on HBO in his destruction over top 5/10 rated middleweight Super G Proksa. Proksa gave it a game effort, but he was severely outclassed and just destroyed. That's sort of how this fight might be. Gabriel Rosado is a good fighter. And a year ago he made his name known. Fighting on the NBC Sports Network he and Jesus Soto-Karass got it on, but Roasdo was too much. Too much speed, power and stopped Karass. Then he went on to stop Sechew Powell a few months later, and then he beat up Charles Whittaker in a tune up.

Overall, it was a heck of an year for Gabriel Rosado. You can say he was the breakthrough boxer of the year, or at least, a candidate if major publications did that sort of thing. Anyway, Gabriel Rosado's slick, nice speed, solid power, but I don't think it'll be enough. Also, it's worth noting, Rosado has to move up a bit in weight. It's going to be a struggle for Rosado, but he's got a lot of heart. He's not going to lay down, it'll give it a go. So, again, expect a one sided fight, but who knows? May'be Rosado will be able to get a few punches in, get a couple of rounds and it'll be better than expected. But, more than likely, expect an entertaining fight, blood splattering all around, but more than likely one sided. I'm taking Gennady Golovkin in a stoppage victory, propelling him to bigger and better things. For Rosado, though, this definitely shouldn't be the end of the line for him. He has a lot of options and has the potential to beat a lot of fighters in the 154-160 range.
Good stuff! You write very well.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #599
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:

Now, here's the big one for this weekend. Orlando Salido and Miguel Mikey Garcia. Right off the bat I'll say this, this is a tricky fight to call, and you pretty much can't give off a really good prediction. Usually, with big fights like this, you get tendencies, you get an idea of how fighters react in certain situations, but this is one of those fights with a lot of unknowns. This is Mikey Garcia's first world title and this is his first fight against a really, really, really good fighter. One of the reasons why this is a 'who knows' type fights, actually the main reason, is because of Garcia. It's not as if Garcia hasn't fought good fighters, he has, but he has broken down each and everyone of those good fighters he has fought. Some of the notable fighters he has taken on include Cornelius Lock, Matt Remillard, Bernabe Concepcion, and Jonathan Victor Barros. He's got a few nice scalps in there. He's just looked so dominate that we haven't seen him pushed. He has yet to be pushed and that's where the unknown factor comes into play. Just how will he react against a really good fighter, that's right in his face, giving him adversity? That's one of the many questions that we'll get an answer to on Saturday night.

We know about Orlando Salido. Salido is an aggressive, experienced, tough, smart fighter. He's got a who's who list of notable fighters that include Yuriorkis Gamboa, Cristobal Cruz, Robert Guerrero (Which technically now never happened because of a failed drug test), and JuanMa Lopez. Salido has the experience, fighting someone like Garcia isn't anything new to Salido.

One of the fun things about this fight is the contrast of styles. Salido, as mentioned, is an aggressive fighter, but a smart one, I'll get into that a little bit later, but Salido is an aggressive fighter. Garcia is more of an outside fighter, fighting behind his jab and just taking it easy on the outside. In all of his previous fights he's been able to dictate the pace. In this fight, It will be a lot harder to dictate the pace. And again, one of things we'll just have to see when this fight happens. Can Garcia fight and throw punches for 12 rounds? What about his stamina? Things like this. Garcia has an anemic punch output, so can he up it up, keep his power, and be able to stay on his feet? We'll just have to find out. It's a mystery, this fight is like a Sherlock Holmes movie...or show....you get where I'm going, it's a Sherlock Holmes type fight. A lot of mystery.

One of the things about both of them is that they are very smart. Garcia gets credit for that by most of the people that have seen him. And he is, he looks like he has a plan, he knows who he is and tries to execute it. Fights on the outside, a lot of feints, working his jab, looks for openings to unleash his left hook. Salido is a bit trickier, on the surface you don't look at him and say "He's a smart fighter." but he is. When you watch the Lopez rematch fight again, there's a lot of nuance to his game. This'd be easier if I had a video to demonstrate this, but Salido, as you may know, as that aggressive bob and weave-ish type style. One of the ways he was able to get through Lopez and land frequently was his ability to out think and feint out JuanMa Lopez. On the surface, Salido looks like just some aggressive brawler throwing punches, but there's definitely a method to his madness. It may not be pretty to look at like outside fighters such as Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather, or even a Miguel Mikey Garcia. But, in a way, it's better than those fighters because Salido is aggressive and has to put himself in harms way to get those openings.

So, overall, not only do these fighters have a lot of skill, but they are thinking fighters. It's not just brawn, but there is a lot of brains to their game. It's just one of those type fights that you don't see very often, and I'm as pleased as punch that this fight is going down. It's an early mega fight and Saturday is going to be a fun fight. Oh yeah, and for a prediction, you know, I'm going to go with Miguel Garcia. I think Garcia has "It" I think he's just one of those fighters that is that good, but when push comes to shove, he can step up in the big moments. I'm going to go with Garcia by decision, because, quite frankly, it's just tough for me to see Salido getting stopped. I know a quick boxrec search in Salido's 11 losses 5 of them have come via stoppage, but that was way back when he was teenager. Heck, just to put in perspective the last time he was stopped, Creed was the biggest rock band in the world with that Human Clay tour and what not, Roy Jones Jr was P4P the best in the world, the Twin Towers were still in New York, so basically, it's been a long, long time. None of us have seen Salido stopped, it tough to see him stopped now. Not that it can't happen, but it's just tough to see. If it were to happen, it'll from Garcia's left hook. Garcia has a wicked left hook, and Salido's best punch is a looping right hand. If Garcia is going to stop Salido, he'll anticipate the looping right hand coming, fire out the left hook and catch Salido. Remember, Lopez did in their rematch, one of the few rounds, if not the only round, Lopez won in that fight. Salido is vulnerable, but he's a tough hombre. We'll see what happens, but that about wraps it up. In the words of Bart Scott after the Jets upset the Patriots in the playoffs about two years ago: CAN'T WAIT!

DEMOLITIONDAN IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #600
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:

Great description of your observations. I'm glad you were able to catch both Mikey's poise on the outside as well as Salido's thoughtfulness in being aggressive.

Check this thread out when you get a chance!

Didn't realize that real wagers took place, cool shit. It's like I just discovered a dark alley in the back of ESB!
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum