Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #946
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001
Default Re: Fight Day !!! Salido (12) vs Garcia (23) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fig

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
Pavlik has retired
boxing still gave him some discipline which is needed especially when you are battering demons
what will he do when not training anymore
this could be his descent to hell
Thats crazy, have to admit this surprised me.

Good for him though I guess. Rather a boxer just come out and do this then continuing on half assed.
kirk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #947
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Default Re: Fight Day !!! Salido (12) vs Garcia (23) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Rosado was brave, but not in GGG's league. I think he'd beat K9 at 154 though.
So do I. And even though he got dominated, I dont think this fight ruins his momentum as much as it could have. He was game, and I think he earned some respect in there. I think he can go back down to 154 with his head high and try to make some waves.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #948
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 4720

To answer your question about effectiveness of GGG kirk.

If you look at a couple of his former fights, you see him KO1 Simon for an instance who was never stopped and went 12 with the likes of Abraham.
And the Proksa destruction was quite impressive too.
He's almost always impressive, only Ouma took a while, but he also is known to be able to take a punch.

I have to admit I expected him to completely maul Rosado inside 3 rounds (expected the 2nd), but he still was very impressive.

P.S. What timezone are you in Kirk?
Robney is online now  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #949
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDan View Post
Whoo boy. That was an impressive performance. That was just...wow. Nobody does that to Salido, completely dominating him, and toying him like that, dropping him 4 times. Just an impressive, impressive performance. Right now, Garcia is clearly the front runner for Fighter of the Year. This performance over Salido carries a lot of weight.
Ill be honest Dan, it really doesnt to me.

Do you remember when I said this fight wasnt as close as people thought it was going to be? The first 5 rounds were exactly how I saw this fight going... (not to sound like Steward )

To me, Garcia was always going to knock this Salido around at spots.

But what I didnt expect is for Salido to make Mikey as uncomfortable as he was making him the last two rounds, and a fight with Salido is never the first 6, but the last 6.

To me, Garcia got a good head start sprint on a long distance race that Salido was just warming up in. So to me, seeing as how I expected Garcia to do what he did, it doesnt hold as much weight because Im not so sure Garcia doesnt get stopped down the stretch.

Also, I cant stress enough that this is not the Salido from a few years ago. My initial pick was Garcia by TKO because to me, Salido isnt the 'Salido' that got him to where he is. Hes lost some form to me, just imo.

If it had been this Salido in there with Gamboa, its just imo but I think Gamboa does the same thing that Garcia did, without getting the gap closed on him like Salido was starting to do to Garcia there towards the end.

this is all just imo though man.

Props to Garcia though, I am not trying to take away from his win Im just trying to call it the way that I see it.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #950
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyProdigy View Post
I updated the everyone's money in terms of the bets, Kirk. I didn't do the featured fight money though.

Pinoy, you have gone above and beyond, bro. Seriously. I was not expecting you to do a full update like that at all.... that you did it, and as fast as you did, is quite amazing man, thank you very, very much.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #951
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
To answer your question about effectiveness of GGG kirk.

If you look at a couple of his former fights, you see him KO1 Simon for an instance who was never stopped and went 12 with the likes of Abraham.
And the Proksa destruction was quite impressive too.
He's almost always impressive, only Ouma took a while, but he also is known to be able to take a punch.

I have to admit I expected him to completely maul Rosado inside 3 rounds (expected the 2nd), but he still was very impressive.

P.S. What timezone are you in Kirk?
I think he was impressive, in that Rosado is a good fighter and he did indeed Maul him. But I cant say that 'very', just for me, because he didnt do anthing I wouldnt tip any other top middleweight to do to Rosado. In fact, I actually think that Martinez could stop Rosado quicker.

But I want to stress he did look good, he was there to put on a show and it was obvious he wanted to walk Rosado down, (I think Rosado showed great poise in his fight as well given his experience level and the opponent he was in with.) I would have really, really liked to see Rosado establish his jab more, he has got a good one when he uses it.

Im in the pacific timezone, its almost 2am here
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #952
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 4720

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I think he was impressive, in that Rosado is a good fighter and he did indeed Maul him. But I cant say that 'very', just for me, because he didnt do anthing I wouldnt tip any other top middleweight to do to Rosado. In fact, I actually think that Martinez could stop Rosado quicker.

But I want to stress he did look good, he was there to put on a show and it was obvious he wanted to walk Rosado down, (I think Rosado showed great poise in his fight as well given his experience level and the opponent he was in with.) I would have really, really liked to see Rosado establish his jab more, he has got a good one when he uses it.

Quote:
Im in the pacific timezone, its almost 2am here
Ok. I thought you were at Eastern time
Robney is online now  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #953
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Anyways, fun fights tonight...... Ive said my piece. I love boxing and cant wait to see Garcia, Rosado, and GGG all back in the ring soon. I think all can be proud of their performance tonight (I know thats weird to say about Rosado given the outcome but really... given mosts expectations, given his experience, coming up from 154, ect, ect, I think he gave a good account of himself)

Salido.... to me, Salido is in the last stages of his relivant career. Id like to see him get out sooner rather then later. Hes had quite a long career now (17 years or so as a pro) and he takes punishment in his fights.

Maybe rematch Garcia, then have a few farewell fights in Mexico. I know most never agree with me when I call for a fighter to hang it up as people think I say it too early, but for me, Id rather not see the fighter take more punishment then needed.

anyways, great night of fights for the most part and much respect to all these guys tonight for putting on the performances they did
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #954
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To Garcia : For showing great poise in his win. Would have been easy for a young fighter to look a lil shook in there but he had his normal calm.

To Salido : For not going out with a whimper. He was knocked down early and often, but he was rallying back and giving the young Garcia some hard times there a bit towards the end, like the gritty champion he is.

To Rosado : For making the fight of it that he did. He was coming up in weight against a guy most had tipped to take him out early. He showed great movement early, and great heart later on. Given his xp and that hes actually a 154lb fighter, and that GGG may go on to reign at middle, I think Rosado can hold his head high.

To GGG : For coming in and getting right to work. He is there to give fans their moneys worth and its a pleasure to watch him do his work. His work? Mauling his opponents.

To Pinoy : For allowing this league to flow in the way that it has, his help has been extraordinary

Boxing is Great.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #955
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
vCash: 113

1/25 - Serhiy Dzinziruk vs. Brian Vera - Vera UD
1/25 - Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez - Andrade TKO
1/26 - Lucas Martin Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr. - Matthysse TKO
David B is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #956
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

JANUARY FIGHT LIST
.................................................................................................... ........................................

LEAGUE SCHEDULER
PINOY PRODIGY

Assistant: Malden

* Result Commentary by Robney

1/4 - Rances Barthelemy vs. Arash Usmanee - 12x3 IBF Super Featherweight Eliminator for #2 (ESPN2) - Barthelemy UD - 115-113/116-112/116-112 - Not a robbery like a couple think, especially Teddy Atlas, had it 115-113 Barthelemy myself (PinoyProdigy)
1/11 - John Molina vs. Dannie Williams - 10x3 (ESPN2) Molina KO4 - big right hook to the temple.
1/11 - Ronny Rios vs. Rico Ramos - 10x3 NABF Featherweight Title (Showtime) Rios UD - 100-90/97-93/96-94 - close bout as expected, one judge with a pre filled out card obviously.
1/12 - Adrian Hernandez vs. Dirceu Cabarca - 12x3 WBC Light Flyweight Title - Hernandez UD - 118-110/118-108/119-112
1/19 - Sergey Kovalev vs. Gabriel Campillo - 10x3 (NBC Sports Network) - Kovalev TKO3 - Campillo completely outclassed, down 3 times in the 3rd and stopped. Kovalev is the real thing!
1/19 - Roman Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos - 12x3 WBO Super Featherweight Title (HBO) - DRAW - 117-111/112-116/114-114 Burgos rattled Martinez' body with hard shots over the complete length of the bout... WAR MINIBURGOS!
1/19 - Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado - 12x3 WBA World & IBO Middleweight Titles (HBO) - Golovkin TKO7 - Rosado made it much longer as I expected, and didn't go down being bloodied, busted up and rocked a couple of times.
1/19 - Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel Garcia - 12x3 WBO Featherweight Title (HBO) - Garcia TUD8 - 79-70/79-69/79-69 - Salido down twice in the 1st, round 3 and 4. Garcia battered Salido until a "accidental" headbutt broke his nose and the fight went to the cards
1/25 - Miguel Gonzalez vs. Tony Luis - 10x3 (ESPN2)
1/25 - Serhiy Dzinziruk vs. Brian Vera - 10x3 (ESPN2)
1/25 - Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez - 10x3 (Showtime)
1/26 - Selcuk Aydin vs. Jesus Soto Karass - 10x3 (Showtime)
1/26 - Lucas Martin Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr. - 12x3 Interim WBC Light Welterweight Title (Showtime)
1/26 - Hugo Fidel Cazares vs. Rey Perez - 12x3 NABF Bantamweight Title
1/30 - Daniel Geale vs. Anthony Mundine II - 12x3 IBF Middleweight Title (Australia Main Event)
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #957
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

*************KIRKS ESB CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012**************
OFFICIAL RANKINGS
Beastsideboxing 7-0 (5 KO)WBK Champion $80
Robney 7-0 (5 KO) $45 Geale UD
Mr Butt 7-0 (5 KO) $45
Drinquor 7-0 (4 KO) $70
IntentionalButt 7-0 (4 KO)$60
DemolitionDan 7-0 (4 KO) 2010 Champion $55
Rumsfeld 7-0 (4 KO) $55
Tackleberry 7-0 (3 KO) 2011 Champion & Peoples Champion $50
David B 7-0 (2 KO) 2012 Champion $60 Vera UD Andrade TKO Matthysse TKO
Brand 6-0 (3 KO) $45
Kirk 6-0 (3 KO)$35
jdr 6-1 (4 KO)$25
Malden 6-1 (3 KO)$45
Nellybc 6-1 (3 KO) $45
Fighter2R 6-1 (2 KO) $45
PinoyProdigy 6-1 (2 KO)$45
des3995 5-2 (2 KO) $55
Bladerunner 5-2 (2 KO)$45 Serhiy Dzinziruk UD Demetrius Andrade UD Selcuk Aydin KO Lucas Martin Matthysse KO Daniel Geale UD
Lufcrazy 5-2 (2 KO) $10 vera ko7 andrade ud aydin ud matthyse ko6 geale sd
WelshDevilRob 4-3 (3 KO) $55
BigBone 4-3 (3 KO) 2009 Champion $25
Drew101 3-0 (3 KO) $55
Honor 3-0 (3 KO) $25 Aydin TKO 9 Geale TKO 10
larsker 3-0 (2 KO)$45
Jordan 3-1 (2 KO) $45
PimpC 3-4 (2 KO)$25
MyName 2-0 (2 KO) $55
AdrenalineSurge 2-1 (2 KO) $50
Badlok 2-1 (1 KO) $45
Boxed Ears 1-0 (1 KO) $25
boxer1982 1-0 (0 KO) $45
LOW BLOW COMBOS 1-1 (1 KO) $25
punchbug 1-1 (1 KO) $25
bronx 1-1 (0 KO) $45
huki 1-2 (1 KO) Dzinziruk UD Andrade UD Soto Karass UD Matthysse KO 6 Geale UD
BadBot 1-3 (1 KO) $0 Vera MD Aydin UD Matthysse T/KO Geale UD
Bogotazo 0-1 $25
SUPER TROJAN 0-2 $25
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #958
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

Do you remember when I said this fight wasnt as close as people thought it was going to be? The first 5 rounds were exactly how I saw this fight going... (not to sound like Steward )

You expected Salido to go down so often?
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #959
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2013 **** New year, new members welcome!

$--WAGERS--$

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SEEKING A BET!!!!

Recent Results!
- Tackleberry beats Kirk and wins $15 (Garcia vs Salido)
- Beastsideboxing beats Tackleberry and wins $10 (Kovalev vs Campillo)
- Beastsideboxing beats Kirk and wins $5 (Garcia vs Salido)
- DavidB beats Lufcrazy and wins $10 (Garcia vs Salido)
- Drinquor beats BadBot and wins $15 (Garcia vs Salido)
- IntentionalButt beats BadBot and wins $5 (Kovalev vs Campillo)
- Beastsideboxing beats BadBot and wins $5 (GGG vs Rosado)
- Beastsideboxing beats AdrenalineSurge and wins $5 (Garcia vs Salido)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BIGGEST WAGERS
- Tackleberry beats Kirk and wins $15 (Garcia vs Salido)
- Drinquor beats BadBot and wins $15 (Garcia vs Salido)
- Beastsideboxing beats Tackleberry and wins $10 (Kovalev vs Campillo)
- DavidB beats Lufcrazy and wins $10 (Garcia vs Salido)

FIGHTS WITH MOST WAGERS PLACED
Garcia vs Salido : 5
Kovalev vs Campillo : 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know about ANY errors!

Anyone looking for Wagers come on!
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #960
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Kirk how much $ you win for the featured fight?
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum