Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #976
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Salido (1) vs Garcia (4) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Kovalev SD10 Campillo
Burgos TKO11 Martinez
Garcia UD12 Salido
Golovkin KO7 Rosado
Nice
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #977
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
vCash: 108
Default Re: Fight Day !!! Salido (12) vs Garcia (23) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fig

Bute will beat Bika
Froch will beat Kessler
that's what i think anyway
Beast
our bet could be going on at the end of this year
it will be a massive event
Froch going into the lion's den in Montreal for thousands of people
Bute will be more prepared then ever and have the home crowd on his side (which is very underrated by a lot of people)
let's put all the money we have earned at that time on the line in 1 monster bet
this fight deserves it
David B is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #978
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Default Re: Fight Day !!! Salido (12) vs Garcia (23) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fig

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
Bute will beat Bika
Froch will beat Kessler
that's what i think anyway
Beast
our bet could be going on at the end of this year
it will be a massive event
Froch going into the lion's den in Montreal
Bute will be more prepared then ever and have the home crowd on his side (which is very underrated by a lot of people)
let's put all the money we have earned at that time in 1 bet
this fight deserves it

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #979
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Default Re: Salido (1) vs Garcia (4) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post

Do my eyes deceive me???? Badlok??? Good to see you again man!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #980
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i think i believe more in Bute's chances then you do
history shows that
even after getting his ass kicked in the first fight
when a very good fighter gets his rematch in front of thousands of his home fans
he rarely dissapoints
in case you don't accept the bet
i may change to Bute UD
that's how even i consider this fight especially on Canadian turf
David B is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #981
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
i think i believe more in Bute's chances then you do
history shows that
even after getting his ass kicked in the first fight
when a very good fighter gets his rematch in front of thousands of his home fans
he rarely dissapoints
in case you don't accept the bet
i may change to Bute UD
that's how even i consider this fight especially on Canadian turf
I'll take it god damn it, I have to back up my boy, otherwise what kind of fan am I. Froch(DavidB) v Bute(Beast) for all your cash
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #982
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'll take it god damn it, I have to back up my boy, otherwise what kind of fan am I. Froch(DavidB) v Bute(Beast) for all your cash
it will be the biggest bet in the history of Kirk's league
thanks for stepping up to the challenge Beast
no doubt in my mind they will both win their next fight
i really hope Bute's management exercise the rematch clause after that
this fight is worth it
David B is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #983
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Default Re: Salido (6) vs Garcia (15) - ESB, Whats your prediction for the fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki View Post
Thank you, this league looks like a lot of work.

Oh yeah, forgot these..

Barthelemy UD
Molina KO4
Rios UD

Hernandez UD
I believe these were late.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #984
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Well there goes my unbeaten run

Thoughts on the fights.

Golovkin is clearly the number 3 mw now behind Martinez and Geale. He is good at what he does but I don't think he'd trouble Martinez too much. I'd love to see the fight though and the longer we wait the more favourable it gets for ggg. I also hope him and Geale have another crack at negotiations. I get Geale wanting to make his money after twice raking short money in his opponents backyard. Plus Mundine has a victory over Geale. So I can live with that fight it must be huge in Australia. Still I hope he will make the fight with ggg later in the year.

Martinez v Burgos was a cracking fight but Burgos deserved it in my mind. A rematch is a must here.

Salido was starting to come on strong and it would have been great to see how Mikey handled himself down the stretch. That being said he looked great in there and the headbutt did mean it had to be stopped. Like a true champ he expressed dismay at the ending and offered a rematch immediately. I think his number 1 spot is warranted for now and will be underlined in the rematch if salido takes it. I expect Mikey to knock him out in the rematch.

Good night for boxing fans all round and hopefully the rest of the year will continue like this.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #985
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Hmm. Think I change to Garcia TKO.
Kirk... How do interpret this... I think I might if world won't end it's possible...
Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #986
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Ill be honest Dan, it really doesnt to me.

Do you remember when I said this fight wasnt as close as people thought it was going to be? The first 5 rounds were exactly how I saw this fight going... (not to sound like Steward )

To me, Garcia was always going to knock this Salido around at spots.

But what I didnt expect is for Salido to make Mikey as uncomfortable as he was making him the last two rounds, and a fight with Salido is never the first 6, but the last 6.

To me, Garcia got a good head start sprint on a long distance race that Salido was just warming up in. So to me, seeing as how I expected Garcia to do what he did, it doesnt hold as much weight because Im not so sure Garcia doesnt get stopped down the stretch.

Also, I cant stress enough that this is not the Salido from a few years ago. My initial pick was Garcia by TKO because to me, Salido isnt the 'Salido' that got him to where he is. Hes lost some form to me, just imo.

If it had been this Salido in there with Gamboa, its just imo but I think Gamboa does the same thing that Garcia did, without getting the gap closed on him like Salido was starting to do to Garcia there towards the end.

this is all just imo though man.

Props to Garcia though, I am not trying to take away from his win Im just trying to call it the way that I see it.
Funny enough, when Salido was dropped twice in the first it did cross my mind that it looked liked you were gonna be right, but probably pissed off at the same time.

The ending was unsatisfying, but just based on how Garcia looked in those first 6 rounds he looked fabulous. But, at the same time, who knows? It did look like Salido was coming on and getting closer. Funny enough, we still don't know just how well Garcia can take a few shots. May'be he does get a bit shook up in the last 4 rounds. It definitely isn't out of the question, but Garcia just looked razor sharp that it was a really impressive performance up to that point.

That is true, may'be Salido has lost a little bit of his game. I mean, he has been in boxing for 17 years or so, but it was hard to tell because may'be those first two knockdowns early on just shook him up that his legs and body just never really recovered. I don't know, tough to say, but I definitely see where you're coming from.
DemolitionDan is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #987
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Dan have you picked on Salido - Garcia ?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #988
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Del

Last edited by BeastsideBoxing; 01-20-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #989
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

Quote:
Dan have you picked on Salido - Garcia ?
Yeah, I picked Garcia by UD. The cliff notes to my breakdown were: Thought it would be a tough battle, there were still a lot of unknowns about Garcia...and funny enough, there still are some. Not everything has been discovered about him. I thought it'd go to the cards mainly because Salido is a tough son of a gun, and with Garcia being unknown about his heart and chin, no point in picking him to get stopped. But, either one was going to stop one another, it'd be because of their best punch. Garcia using his left hook effectively and Salido using his looping over hand right effectively.
DemolitionDan is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #990
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDan View Post
Yeah, I picked Garcia by UD. The cliff notes to my breakdown were: Thought it would be a tough battle, there were still a lot of unknowns about Garcia...and funny enough, there still are some. Not everything has been discovered about him. I thought it'd go to the cards mainly because Salido is a tough son of a gun, and with Garcia being unknown about his heart and chin, no point in picking him to get stopped. But, either one was going to stop one another, it'd be because of their best punch. Garcia using his left hook effectively and Salido using his looping over hand right effectively.
Take a look at the table and tell me if anything else beside your Garcia pick is missing.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum