Holt KO/TKO 11 14.29%
Holt Decision 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #31
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675
Default Re: ESPN : Lamont Peterson vs. Kendall Holt Feb. 22nd on FNF.

How is this a world title fight? Pedersen got caught with PEDS in the fight that he won his title in and he gets to keep it?

Only in America.... when you are an American!
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #32
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I am, mainly based on his own admission that he had the pellets before the first fight.

Was it enough to make a difference? I guess we won't know unless the two have a rematch but it certainly raises a question on a man who has never fought that good in his 30+ fights to date.
I didn't see him as a better fighter with Khan than with Bradley or Cayo, personally. I actually scored the fight for Khan, closely, if I recall correctly, by the way. Actually, the reasons why the IBF didn't strip Peterson when Khan is quite clearly, clearly, a more lucrative representative of their belt seem on the up and up, to me. I can't see a reason why they'd pull strings for Peterson under the circumstances. I'm open to hear any different and new insight on that matter though.

Also, did Peterson have some special reason why he'd have his camp requesting additional-to-standard testing so that he would fail it? Other questions I have regarding the difference in this fight to a potential rematch, not specifically the assumption of cheating are:

Does Peterson's testosterone level make the referee penalise pushing at his own discretion or Khan unable to listen to referee warning?

Does Peterson's testosterone level cause Khan to fight with incredible stupidity and ineptitude on the inside?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #33
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I didn't see him as a better fighter with Khan than with Bradley or Cayo, personally. I actually scored the fight for Khan, closely, if I recall correctly, by the way. Actually, the reasons why the IBF didn't strip Peterson when Khan is quite clearly, clearly, a more lucrative representative of their belt seem on the up and up, to me. I can't see a reason why they'd pull strings for Peterson under the circumstances. I'm open to hear any different and new insight on that matter though.

Also, did Peterson have some special reason why he'd have his camp requesting additional-to-standard testing so that he would fail it? Other questions I have regarding the difference in this fight to a potential rematch, not specifically the assumption of cheating are:

Does Peterson's testosterone level make the referee penalise pushing at his own discretion or Khan unable to listen to referee warning?

Does Peterson's testosterone level cause Khan to fight with incredible stupidity and ineptitude on the inside?
I scored it for Peterson.

It is interesting that IBF let him keep whilst WBA stripped him but apparently the IBF are still investigating it (according to boxrec anyways)

no Khan is still an imbecile, he'll still refuse to fight on the inside whislt simultaneously backing himself against the ropes acting like a ****.

all that is on Khan, but it doesn't amtter, if an edge is illegally gained the win is questionable.

This fight is a way for redemption though, if he comes through this looking good he can push for a unification with Garcia (who gives a **** about Khan anyways?)
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #34
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 6011

its bs that lamont still even has the belt with his cheating ass. lets see what he is about witout the PED's .
cippi is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #35
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
I scored it for Peterson.

It is interesting that IBF let him keep whilst WBA stripped him but apparently the IBF are still investigating it (according to boxrec anyways)

no Khan is still an imbecile, he'll still refuse to fight on the inside whislt simultaneously backing himself against the ropes acting like a ****.

all that is on Khan, but it doesn't amtter, if an edge is illegally gained the win is questionable.

This fight is a way for redemption though, if he comes through this looking good he can push for a unification with Garcia (who gives a **** about Khan anyways?)
To my knowledge, they made their decision after hiring an independent physician and came to the conclusion that Peterson did nothing untoward, from what I'd understood and hence why hasn't only not been stripped yet but is now free and clear to defend the belt against Holt. I'm not familiar with an ongoing investigation, though I admit there might be one. I think more likely boxrec simply hasn't updated? Unless you read it on a recent boxrec article and not a notation on Peterson or Khan's pages?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #36
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Good stuff. ESPN is really stepping it up.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #37
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
To my knowledge, they made their decision after hiring an independent physician and came to the conclusion that Peterson did nothing untoward, from what I'd understood and hence why hasn't only not been stripped yet but is now free and clear to defend the belt against Holt. I'm not familiar with an ongoing investigation, though I admit there might be one. I think more likely boxrec simply hasn't updated? Unless you read it on a recent boxrec article and not a notation on Peterson or Khan's pages?
no I read it on the fight page that links to the record (the book icon).

Perhaps it isn't updated, that sounds likely.

Tricky situation, WBA rule against him, IBF rule for him. If I could be arsed I'd look further into it but for now I'll probably mindlessly repeat the mantra that it's a questionable victory (I did see it as a victory).

It doesn't change my viewpoints of the division massively though. Khan still fought like a dick and Garcia is still number 1. If Peterson wins this he will re-enter any rankings in the top 5.

He'd probably still be a favourite over Khan.

Infact I've not seen a drug issue this irrelevant in a long time.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #38
Drinquor
Texas Representative
ESB Full Member

vCash: 96359

Quote:
The closest guy to Peterson Holt has faced is that one who Judah sparked, I forget his name now but he stayed on Holt throughout landing wild shots and Holt eventually quit.
Kaizer Mabuza
Drinquor is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #39
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinquor View Post
Kaizer Mabuza

cheers pal that's the one.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #40
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I'm not satisfied that Peterson did cheat.
Caught, confessed. What else does it take? He obviously tried to cover it up. Checked is Daughter's shampoo?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #41
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Also, did Peterson have some special reason why he'd have his camp requesting additional-to-standard testing so that he would fail it?
Yep, he beat the test at least once before by 'micro-dosing' and was arrogant enough to think he could 'take it to the next level' and basically game the system. What he didn't know was VADA used a stricter protocol and didn't rely solely on TE ratios like the commission's do because CIR testing is more costly.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #42
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
To my knowledge, they made their decision after hiring an independent physician and came to the conclusion that Peterson did nothing untoward, from what I'd understood and hence why hasn't only not been stripped yet but is now free and clear to defend the belt against Holt. I'm not familiar with an ongoing investigation, though I admit there might be one.
Boxing is a dirty sport. The Nevada commission suggested to the DC commission that the evidence was enough that they should strip Pederson of his win over Kahn. Lying on his pre-fight disclosure form was grounds enough. The DC commission took no action against their 'homey'. Sorry Boxed. Pederson KNEW he was on testosterone. Never got an exemption, never declared it. That is cheating even if it was for medical reasons and from what I've read that is straight up bogus. It falls along the lines of getting a doctor to prescribe you morphine to ease the pain of a pin prick.

His own promoter refused to bid on the fight and the purse bid went for the minimum of $50K. The major networks know the truth and won't touch him. That is why this is on FNF.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #43
ButtBread
@bettingboxing
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2149

Well, another big fight on free TV is great news. Unless I bet on it, I'll be rooting for one thing above all: no robbery.
ButtBread is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #44
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:

I totally agree Khan fought dumb and was guilty of pushing throughout the fight and i really didnt disagree with the ref taking point

one of the pushes i think the 2nd deduction was more of a forearm elbow than anything

as for the fight at hand this should provide action and exchanges in a fight that im surprised hadnt been made yet seeing both these guys have hung around the top a while

Petersen got hurt vs Khan at times and I think he will be there to be hit by Holt but i think the longer it goes Petersen will wear down Holt

i feel if it goes 12 it will be close and we may be in for a decision lots of ppl may not like
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #45
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Great ****ing fight on ESPN I can't wait. I've always wanted to see this match up.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum