Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW! Looks that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
Calzaghe MKII...the americans are too afraid so try and stain him image with ''he wont fight anyone'' while in reality they are all running like cowards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Dawson's win over Hopkins is next to meaningless, it's clear to anyone that the Pascal fights took it all out of Bernard. The two times Dawson has stepped up to world level, he was beaten convincingly. Dawson has made his name beating up old men on the American domestic circuit, but has been found out at world level.

That same Pascal who beat Dawson, is ranked below two fighters Cleverly has already beaten. Unfortunately it looks like the top dogs don't want to give Clev a shot, as shown in that video with Frank, which is a shame because I'm sure Clev is sick of wasting his time with the Krasniqi's and Karpency's.

These are basically the facts in the matter. Clev wants to make big fights and everyone else is on the run
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW! Looks that way

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Bellew up there.

However I scored Cleverly v Bellew a draw and I think Campillo was twice robbed against Murat (solid victory though).

To answer your question though, no not by a long shot. It does however give him a bit more credibility from a statistical viewpoint (I was quite surprised by that so well played).

He does need a big fight, he said he wants thw inner of Hop-Cloud, we'll see if that becomes a reality.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Neer did like their ratings much, but Pascal was taken the distance by a fighter Cleverly stopped in 4
Pascal fought with one arm
Badlok is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #19
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Cleverly is nothing but a paper belt holder. The ring having him well above Pascal is another demonstration of the fact they've turned into a joke.

Guerrero as fighter of the year and P4P #10, Broner being ranked well in the top 10 and now this. **** the ring.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #20
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post

You're damn near trolling...
Rubbish. How can it be trolling when facts are being put forward?
Quote:
1. Pascal lost twice to the guy who Dawson immediately convincingly defeated.
Thats trolling here at its best, when you start making things up.
Pascal, put Hopkins down twice and looked the winner first time around to me. 2nd time around, I scored it a draw, but have no problem with Hopkins winning, thinking that if you went on an overall feeling rather than by rounds as you are supposed to score, I would have picked Hopkins. Thats one a piece to me, but officially it is a draw and a loss for Pascal against Hopkins
Quote:
Add Hopkins
Hopkins was 47 years old and Dawson didnt beat him first time round
Quote:
to Adamek,
Adamek wasnt that special at LHW and was claiming to be weight drained, which looks a possibility as Adamek twice went to the brink with a fighter KOd by a jab in a single round. He beat nobody of real note at LHW and even then had Dawson down
Quote:
Johnson X2, Tarver X2, and Diaconu. No contest between Pascal and Dawson, now or entire career.
Look overall Dawson has been a young fighter fighting old past best not great LHWs.

Why does Chad Dawson get a pass for fighting shot old fighters time and time again?
Look at Dawsons recent fights.

Hopkins 47
Hopkins 46
Diaconu 32
Pascal (he lost)
Johnson 40
Tarver 40
Tarver 39
Johnson 39

So why does he get a pass for this?
Fair enough Diaconu wasnt old, but he was struggling with Sheika around the time of fighting Dawson.
The other fighters he has beaten here at best are around 14 - 18 years older than him.
When he fights prime world class fighters, he gets beaten. He looked nearly gone against Johnson in their first encounter
Quote:
2. As debatable as his well known rematch win with Campillo was, his first defeat to him is equal. So, if he's 1-1 against Campillo, he has a win which surpasses that of Cleverly's best.
What are you going on about? Murat beat Campillo. Cleverly beat undefeated Murat, clearly and stopped him. Murat after that fought Campillo to a draw, where Murat was pounding Campillo in the final round. Campillo then looked unfortunate to many against Cloud
Quote:
3. His "win" over Bellew which you boast of was a super tight fight which a draw would have seemed more appropriate and would have pleased the majority of fans. The reason why Bellew is in the top 10 is because of that performance. Because he fought even with Cleverly.
Cleverly took that fight with a painful broken rib, and yes the fight was tight, but since then Bellew has beaten Miranda, who I read put down Dawson in sparring
Quote:
4. How in the world do you justify drawing your conclusions the way you do? I could say that Braehmer pulled out of the Shumenov fight 3 days beforehand, therefore Shumenov beat him and won his WBO title, the same one which Cleverly was given while vacant because of said pulling out of fight. That makes Shumenov a unified titlist. So if I were as dumb as you, I'd say Cleverly is doing nothing more than keeping Shumenov's belt warm and paying his sanctioning fees for him. He isn't beating any contenders for Beibut though, he's simply finding guys out of anywhere to fight.
Of course Cleverly hasnt beaten Braehmer, neither has Shumenov as Braehmer pulled out. Either way if we go on how you are trying to put a spin on it, then you have self pwned as Shumenov backed out of fighting Cleverly. Look at the TS video. You pwned yourself there with that silliy example you came up with
Quote:
5. Yeah, you're trolling...
You only say that, because you couldnt counter the facts. Facts are Cleverly has no losses to any top 10 fighters, Cleverly has beaten 2 of the current top 10 fighters, taken the 0s of those 2 current top 10 LHWs, stopped a fighter in 4 rounds who just took Pascal the distance, had 2 other top 10 fighters pull out against him. Hows any of that trolling? Its not.

Cleverly beats 2 young undefeated top 10 LHWs and you dont recognise that.
Dawson fought mainly the old men of the division and didnt fight Cleverly, Campillo, Erdei (a few years back).
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Dawson's win over Hopkins is next to meaningless, it's clear to anyone that the Pascal fights took it all out of Bernard. The two times Dawson has stepped up to world level, he was beaten convincingly. Dawson has made his name beating up old men on the American domestic circuit, but has been found out at world level.

That same Pascal who beat Dawson, is ranked below two fighters Cleverly has already beaten. Unfortunately it looks like the top dogs don't want to give Clev a shot, as shown in that video with Frank, which is a shame because I'm sure Clev is sick of wasting his time with the Krasniqi's and Karpency's.
Excellent post as always by ESBs favourite son
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
These are basically the facts in the matter. Clev wants to make big fights and everyone else is on the run
summed up in a nutshell
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMCATCHER View Post
He has a good shot at beating anyone in the top 10! Cleverley has a big opportunity to capitalise on a division in flux! Wish he'd ****in fight someone though...

Dawson is ripe for the taking! Cleverley can start up were Zaggers left off! Forget the ****in Shawn Mohawks and make the fights frank u twat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
Cleverly isn't a bad fighter. He's just very mediocre. I don't blame him for adopting a strict policy of only fighting bums. Long may it continue.
It shows in the video that Froch and Shumenov were made offers and Shumenovs team backed out after it was agreed, and as noted 2 wins over 2 undefeated top 10 LHWs and 2 others pulled out against Nathan. Thats not his fault. Nathan didnt back out
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
You are not going to make Clevery any new fans with this bollox. I am a fan of Cleverly but pushing this shit in people's faces only serves as a deterrent. He already has a bad enough image as it is , the last thing he needs is the likes of you making it worse.
Pushing what in peoples faces? What is untrue?
Facts are Cleverly has no losses to any top 10 fighters, Cleverly has beaten 2 of the current top 10 fighters, taken the 0s of those 2 current top 10 LHWs, stopped a fighter in 4 rounds who just took Pascal the distance, had 2 other top 10 fighters pull out against him. Hows any of that trolling? Its not.

Nathans image isnt bad at all, look at the fighters that didnt want to fight him or backed out instead.
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 250

This thread is a joke.

British trolling/hyping at its best...
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #25
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

paper champ
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #26
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
paper champ

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #27
DREAMCATCHER
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
paper champ

We'l see...
DREAMCATCHER is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #28
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

I don't think that Cleverly is that great, he has the chance to be #1 at LHW though as Dawson really isn't that great, Cloud is over rated as well, Pascal seems to have dissappeared and Cleverly is busy enough to beat an old Hopkins.

If he was American no one would say anything, like they haven't with Cloud who is a paper champion.
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #29
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

fatcity is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #30
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlok View Post
Pascal fought with one arm
So what? Cleverly fought an undefeated fighter in the currect top 10 with a broken rib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Cleverly is nothing but a paper belt holder. The ring having him well above Pascal is another demonstration of the fact they've turned into a joke.

Guerrero as fighter of the year and P4P #10, Broner being ranked well in the top 10 and now this. **** the ring.
Hows Cleverly a paper champ, when the champ wouldnt fight him, WBA champ Sumenov wouldnt fight him and he has 2 wins over undefeated fighters in the top 10, with a form line of a fighter who beat a fighter who beat Shumenov and looked to have beaten Cloud.
Do explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
This thread is a joke.

British trolling/hyping at its best...
So after I easily countered all of your points, you come out with that rubbish, because there hasnt been anything inaccurate with what I wrote
Quote:
paper champ
So I guess you must think Shumenov who wouldnt fight Cleverly is also?
Or Cloud also who looked lucky against a fighter who lost to a fighter Nathan took the 0 of?
So you call Dawson the champ do you? Knowing Dawsons big win is over a 47 year old and he lost to the number 10 who was taken the distance to a fighter Cleverly dispatched in 4 rounds.
Yeah got it
bailey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum