Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #91
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275
Default Re: Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW! Looks that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Yet Froch, Braehmer and Shumenov wouldnt go near him
But Hawk, Karpency and Krasniqi would go near him

Quote:
Hopkins has gone after Cloud who when you follow the form line...
Hopkins goes after Cloud, while Cleverly is forced to fight his mandatory Krasniqi.

Or do you think, Hopkins should wait another 8 - 12 months for Cleverly to be ready for a fight, instead Hopkins shows what a true legend is supposed to do, he remains active and takes on a world champion in the meanwhile.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #92
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW! Looks that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Dawson's win over Hopkins is next to meaningless, it's clear to anyone that the Pascal fights took it all out of Bernard. The two times Dawson has stepped up to world level, he was beaten convincingly. Dawson has made his name beating up old men on the American domestic circuit, but has been found out at world level.

That same Pascal who beat Dawson, is ranked below two fighters Cleverly has already beaten. Unfortunately it looks like the top dogs don't want to give Clev a shot, as shown in that video with Frank, which is a shame because I'm sure Clev is sick of wasting his time with the Krasniqi's and Karpency's.
??????

That's just plain stupid. Hopkins never took a beating in either of those Pascal fights. The Hopkins that Dawson fought was about the same as the Hopkins who Calzaghe fought.

Pascal is no where near world class level. His on the same level as Rahman and Robin Reid. Contender level. Dawson had no business losing to someone like that. Dawson was in control of that fight at the end before Pascal hit him with an intentional headbutt which stopped the fight.

Dawson's lacklustre performance in the Ward fight was due to him being dead at the weight, not because he stepped up the competition

The only reason you are trashing Dawson is because Calzaghe blatantly ducked him
general zod is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #93
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Hopkins goes after Cloud,
I cant see that fight ending well for Hopkins. The dude is pushing 50
Old 01-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #94
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by general zod View Post
??????

That's just plain stupid. Hopkins never took a beating in either of those Pascal fights. The Hopkins that Dawson fought was about the same as the Hopkins who Calzaghe fought.

Pascal is no where near world class level. His on the same level as Rahman and Robin Reid. Contender level. Dawson had no business losing to someone like that. Dawson was in control of that fight at the end before Pascal hit him with an intentional headbutt which stopped the fight.

Dawson's lacklustre performance in the Ward fight was due to him being dead at the weight, not because he stepped up the competition

The only reason you are trashing Dawson is because Calzaghe blatantly ducked him

Pascal's very good, look at the ring magazine top 10, bar Hopkins, Pascal is capable of beating anyone there. Contender level? Look I don't care about your 'tiering systems' Pascal was a world champion, so make of that what you will.

I have to ask what does Calzaghe have to do with this? I think someone has an obsession

Better luck next time

Last edited by knockout artist; 01-08-2013 at 07:31 PM.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #95
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Pascal's very good, look at the ring magazine top 10, bar Hopkins, Pascal is capable of beating anyone there.
The Ring Magazine rankings are just the opinions of the editors at the Ring. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are just plain wrong.

The best guy at lhw is Campillo
Quote:
Contender level? Look I don't care about your 'tiering systems'
Pascal is a amauterish fighter. You would know that if you bothered to watch him fight
Quote:
Pascal was a world champion, so make of that what you will.
That's just plain stupid.

The fact that he picked up a belt does not make him good. Plenty of sub-par fighters have picked up belts. The fact that he has lost twice to a near 50 year old fighter should tell you just how good he is.
Quote:
I have to ask what does Calzaghe have to do with this? I think someone has an obsession
Dawson at the end of the day took chances. Sometimes they paid off , sometimes they did not. He deserves much more respect than the frauds you so obviously like, like Calzaghe and Cleverly.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #96
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The Ring Magazine rankings are just the opinions of the editors at the Ring. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are just plain wrong.

Pascal is a amauterish fighter. You would know that if you bothered to watch him fight

The fact that he picked up a belt does not make him good. Plenty of sub-par fighters have picked up belts. The fact that he has lost to a near 50 year old fighter should tell you just how good he is.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Dawson at the end of the day took chances. Sometimes they paid off , sometimes they did not. He deserves much more respect than the frauds you so obviously like, like Calzaghe and Cleverly.

zod upset I'm not a fan of Chad Dawson

Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #97
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
All these Ring ratings at LHW are pure of shit ... Erdei is still unbeaten lineal champion.
Have been wondering why he hasnt been mentioned in any discussions.This is the first time.Saw him a fair while ago and was very impressed,a lot more so than the others,so whats happened to him?If not retired,would,imo,be a real test for Cleverly,who I like as a boxer.Is Erdei being avoided?
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #98
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just checked his record.Last fought 2011.Could have retired undefeated.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #99
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Cleverley needs to step it up. Personally I think hes just a commercialized champion. But than again 175 is a poor division right now imo.
Honor is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #100
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
Cleverley needs to step it up. Personally I think hes just a commercialized champion. But than again 175 is a poor division right now imo.

Agreed, no-one wants to see the Krasniqi fight

According to FW, it was Shumenov who agreed to terms then backed away, that's a fight I'd like to see

I don't blame Froch or Hopkins for not fighting Clev though, I don't think Nathan brings enough money for these guys.

I don't think it's so much Clev's fault though, he fought Bellew in Liverpool, cancelled a fight in October to go fight in America to build his profile, he's been making the right noises about the big fights, but boxing is politics and never easy hence why we the fans have missed out on so many great matchups over the years
Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #101
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210

Apologies for the long delay
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Like I said before, YDKSAH
So you comparing match of the day, to a bias boxing highlight video . Think in your delusion YDKSAH

Quote:
A designed bias thread?

You mean the thread you made about Dzinziruk can beat Hearns?

Or that designed bias thread you made about Lucian Bute can beat Hopkins?

Or that designed bias thread you made about Felix Sturm possessing enough handspeed to "befuddle" Bernard Hopkins at MW
I did actually mean the bias highlight video you put up, which even makes a point of noting itself before the action, and you compare that to match of the day . Theres few words for that stupidity

Quote:
Yes, I made a prediction thread before the action started. You goofus aint that what you supposed to do, make a prediction thread before the action started.
Lets get the whole story together now . You made a thread, a long way in advance, knowing that it would be long gone off of the front ESB pages, saying you would bump it, if you got the result you predicted, which all the while was admitting that you would be hiding from your prediction if it didnt come to fruition. A shameful act of coward, that you know to be true, from the way you have become so defensive. Truly shameful
Quote:
Who makes a prediction thread after the action?
Lance_uppercut
Quote:
You dont know shit about life and death (YDKSALAD)
Lets look at your quotes on the fight
Quote:
Here is highlights of Nathan Cleverly going life and death with Morrade Hakkar brethren Nadjib Mohammedi.
Quote:
Obviously Cleverly-Mohammedi was no war,
Your quotes and brutal selfpwnage at its best
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #102
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

How many rounds did you give Cleverly against Bellew?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #103
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

[quote]
Quote:
Agreed they are just opinions and often bias, based on who the writers are getting to witness
Quote:
Who lost and drew with Murat, who Cleverly dominated and took the 0 of. Campillo was out on his feet in the return with Murat at the end
Quote:
so your tier system that has faults in it and where you chop and change your opinion to suit.
That system that said if Ward beat Bute, it would be over a better prime SMW than any Calzaghe fought , yet now you have backtracked about all that since, and as you dont rate Froch as world class, when he ran ward close, you seem to be falling all over yourself

Quote:

The fact that he picked up a belt does not make him good. Plenty of sub-par fighters have picked up belts. The fact that he has lost twice to a near 50 year old fighter should tell you just how good he is.
He didnt lose twice. He did put Hopkins down twice
Quote:
Dawson at the end of the day took chances. Sometimes they paid off , sometimes they did not. He deserves much more respect than the frauds you so obviously like, like Calzaghe and Cleverly
What chances do you refer to?
Dawsons best win is over a 47 year old Hopkins who Calzaghe beat years previously, or do you go by the fact that Dawson couldnt beat a fighter, who above you dont rate
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #104
seansanashee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW!

I dont tend to go by the Ring mag ratings, but I was browsing recently at the ratings and was shocked by what I saw.

Dawson is considered Ring champ, but only has one win over one of the Ring LHW top 10 fighters and a loss to another

Hopkins at #1 also only has one win over one of the Ring LHW top 10 fighters and a loss to another

Cloud placed at number 2 has a disputed win over #3 Campillo.

Campillo at #3 has a loss and a draw with #6 Murat

Now this is where it gets very interesting
Cleverly at #4 has taken the 0 off of two of the Ring mags top 10 fighters, numbers 6 & 9 and #5 wouldnt fight him. #6 took the 0 of #3, and #8 pulled out of fighting Cleverly.
So Nathan beat undefeated #6 Murat, undefeated #9 Bellew, #5 Shumenov wouldnt fight him and #8 Braehmer pulled out against him, #1 Hopkins didnt seem interested in fighting him and #10 Pascal has just struggled with a Cleverly 4th round stoppage victim.
Nathan has done more than people realise
Number 10, Pascal has beaten Dawson, but recently was fighting a Cleverly leftover last month and couldnt stop a fighter Nathan handled and in 4 rounds, yet Pascal put Hopkins down twice.

4. Nathan Cleverly
5. Beibut Shumenov
6. Karo Murat
7. Isaac Chilemba
8. Juergen Braehmer
9. Tony Bellew
10. Jean Pascal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZ8GwM2eok"]You Tube[/ame]
go to 3 min

Seems Cleverly is arguably the best LHW of today
Looking at the ring magazine rankings, Cleverley is #5 LHW in the world.
seansanashee is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #105
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansanashee View Post
Looking at the ring magazine rankings, Cleverley is #5 LHW in the world.
the question was "IS". At the moment he fills the #4 position, but just look at the form line for Cloud and Campillo.
Cloud looked fortunate to win against Campillo, who lost and drew to a fighter that Nathan dominated and took the 0 of.
Hopkins has just been beaten by Dawson which is Dawson big win over a 47 year old and Nathan has more wins over the current top 10 LHWs than Dawson or Hopkins and took the 0 of two of the current top 10 LHWs
bailey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum