Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #106
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW! Looks that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW!

I dont tend to go by the Ring mag ratings, but I was browsing recently at the ratings and was shocked by what I saw.

Dawson is considered Ring champ, but only has one win over one of the Ring LHW top 10 fighters and a loss to another

Hopkins at #1 also only has one win over one of the Ring LHW top 10 fighters and a loss to another

Cloud placed at number 2 has a disputed win over #3 Campillo.

Campillo at #3 has a loss and a draw with #6 Murat

Now this is where it gets very interesting
Cleverly at #4 has taken the 0 off of two of the Ring mags top 10 fighters, numbers 6 & 9 and #5 wouldnt fight him. #6 took the 0 of #3, and #8 pulled out of fighting Cleverly.
So Nathan beat undefeated #6 Murat, undefeated #9 Bellew, #5 Shumenov wouldnt fight him and #8 Braehmer pulled out against him, #1 Hopkins didnt seem interested in fighting him and #10 Pascal has just struggled with a Cleverly 4th round stoppage victim.
Nathan has done more than people realise
Number 10, Pascal has beaten Dawson, but recently was fighting a Cleverly leftover last month and couldnt stop a fighter Nathan handled and in 4 rounds, yet Pascal put Hopkins down twice.

4. Nathan Cleverly
5. Beibut Shumenov
6. Karo Murat
7. Isaac Chilemba
8. Juergen Braehmer
9. Tony Bellew
10. Jean Pascal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZ8GwM2eok"]You Tube[/ame]
go to 3 min

Seems Cleverly is arguably the best LHW of today
im not sure about the best, if you're using the level of opposition as a measuring stick.....
IMO, he's definitely the most entertaining LHW to watch, and i really hope to see him step up to the A caliber fighters and prove himself there

I know he trusts his chin but.... a very powerful puncher may catch him real bad one day, or even a very sharp puncher
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #107
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Looking at The Ring LHW ratings, is Nathan Cleverly the best LHW! Looks that way

Quote:
Apologies for the long delay
No worries

Quote:
So you comparing match of the day, to a bias boxing highlight video . Think in your delusion YDKSAH
No such comparisons were made, only decisive information was given about what a highlight is. We were discussing what a highlight was and I explained using trusted sources what they were, I also went into highlights used in other sports and gave MOTD as an example. You later on realising YDKSAH wanted to discuss a sub category of highlights known as bias highlights, which is a different topic overall.

Quote:
I did actually mean the bias highlight video you put up, which even makes a point of noting itself before the action, and you compare that to match of the day . Theres few words for that stupidity
Another indication that YDKSAH. A highlight video of an event can only come after the event has taken place. So your words "highlighted" in bold red above further proves my point that YDKSAH.

Quote:
Lets get the whole story together now . You made a thread, a long way in advance, knowing that it would be long gone off of the front ESB pages, saying you would bump it, if you got the result you predicted, which all the while was admitting that you would be hiding from your prediction if it didnt come to fruition. A shameful act of coward, that you know to be true, from the way you have become so defensive. Truly shameful
It does not matter when I make a prediction, it matters how I react after the event.

Your claim that I made a prediction long before the event because I was afraid of getting the prediction wrong has no basis whatsoever.

I made a prediction AA will put Ward on queer street, when I got it wrong I came back and bumped the thread accepted my wrong. Later I even changed the thread into Froch will put Ward on queer street, and accepted the wrong again. Here is the thread:-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

No cowering behind a betting scam

A prediction thread for the future, Kovalev would put Clev on Queer street.

Quote:
Lance_uppercut

Quote:
Lets look at your quotes on the fight

Your quotes and brutal selfpwnage at its best
Life and death in boxing is not the same thing as a war in fighting.

Here is my quote from the official ESB RBR of Clev vs Mohammedi, just in case you think I based my view on Cleverly from a highlight video.

realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #108
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
the question was "IS". At the moment he fills the #4 position, but just look at the form line for Cloud and Campillo.
Cloud looked fortunate to win against Campillo, who lost and drew to a fighter that Nathan dominated and took the 0 of.
Hopkins has just been beaten by Dawson which is Dawson big win over a 47 year old and Nathan has more wins over the current top 10 LHWs than Dawson or Hopkins and took the 0 of two of the current top 10 LHWs
The only fighter Cleverly has beaten who was a Ring top 10 ranked opponent is Karo Murat. Clev beat Bellew when Bellew was not in the top 10. Dawson has beaten top 10 ranked opponents such as, Tarver (X2), Johnson (X2), Adamek, Diaconu and Hopkins while they were in the top 10.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #109
Koba
Master Baiter
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post

It does not matter when I make a prediction, it matters how I react after the event.

A prediction thread for the future, Kovalev would put Clev on Queer street.

Life and death in boxing is not the same thing as a war in fighting.

Here is my quote from the official ESB RBR of Clev vs Mohammedi, just in case you think I based my view on Cleverly from a highlight video.

Timely bump.

I've gotta say I'm with you on this one. Hoping to get to the fight in Cardiff, but gotta say, will feel strange 'cos I see Clev. getting destroyed in particularly devastating fashion. Not that he's bad, just protected. Still, he should see some of those HBO $s as he cashes out.

LHWs suddenly become a much hotter division with Kovalev and Stevenson suddenly gaining attention. Chad might have lost his mojo, and Shumenov his gloves, but there's plenty of good fights to be made.
Koba is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #110
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
Timely bump.

I've gotta say I'm with you on this one. Hoping to get to the fight in Cardiff, but gotta say, will feel strange 'cos I see Clev. getting destroyed in particularly devastating fashion. Not that he's bad, just protected. Still, he should see some of those HBO $s as he cashes out.

LHWs suddenly become a much hotter division with Kovalev and Stevenson suddenly gaining attention. Chad might have lost his mojo, and Shumenov his gloves, but there's plenty of good fights to be made.
I be honest with you, my opinion of Clev has improved since the Krasniqi bout, he also seems very confident and excited in taking on Kovalev and so does his promoter. But I still think Kovalev is putting Clev on queer street come Aug 17. Good bump.

This would be a good fight to go to, Cleverly doesn't like taking any steps back but Kovalev certainly has the power to make Cleverly go backwards, the only risk about going to this fight is that it is a Frank promotion.

The winner of this fight should be considered the most dangerous man in the LHW division. BHop is on his way out, Stevenson still needs to settle in, Shumenov needs to get stripped or forced to fight. Both Kov and Clev have question marks on them and this fight will answer them. Bellew, Cloud, Pascal, Bute, Dawson... all decent title challengers awaiting, the LHW division starting to catch fire.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #111
Koba
Master Baiter
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
I be honest with you, my opinion of Clev has improved since the Krasniqi bout, he also seems very confident and excited in taking on Kovalev and so does his promoter. But I still think Kovalev is putting Clev on queer street come Aug 17. Good bump.

This would be a good fight to go to, Cleverly doesn't like taking any steps back but Kovalev certainly has the power to make Cleverly go backwards, the only risk about going to this fight is that it is a Frank promotion.

The winner of this fight should be considered the most dangerous man in the LHW division. BHop is on his way out, Stevenson still needs to settle in, Shumenov needs to get stripped or forced to fight. Both Kov and Clev have question marks on them and this fight will answer them. Bellew, Cloud, Pascal, Bute, Dawson... all decent title challengers awaiting, the LHW division starting to catch fire.
Indeed, all kinda Props to Cleverly and F W, I'm glad he's finally stepping up. If he can do in the ring what the TS here claims of him, I'll be eating crow all night long.

Just, well, I don't buy it - it's too big a step up for Cleverly. Yeah he's pulled out the wins and with fair style, despite looking pushed a few times, but he's just never been in with the top tier. TBF Kovalev's not seen off much better, despite Campillo and White, both top 10s in most eyes, it's just that he's made the job look easy.

Loved the comment when the TS said something about Cleverly 'building his resume by getting in easy rounds' - almost pissed myself, thought it was a joke thread for a moment. Shit, maybe it still is.....

Anyhows to the TS.

You're gonna get your wish, TS, but Clev ain't gonna win by comparing resumes on a forum. He better bring his 'A' game to Cardiff.
Koba is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #112
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
Indeed, all kinda Props to Cleverly and F W, I'm glad he's finally stepping up. If he can do in the ring what the TS here claims of him, I'll be eating crow all night long.

Just, well, I don't buy it - it's too big a step up for Cleverly. Yeah he's pulled out the wins and with fair style, despite looking pushed a few times, but he's just never been in with the top tier. TBF Kovalev's not seen off much better, despite Campillo and White, both top 10s in most eyes, it's just that he's made the job look easy.

Loved the comment when the TS said something about Cleverly 'building his resume by getting in easy rounds' - almost pissed myself, thought it was a joke thread for a moment. Shit, maybe it still is.....

Anyhows to the TS.

You're gonna get your wish, TS, but Clev ain't gonna win by comparing resumes on a forum. He better bring his 'A' game to Cardiff.

If Kovalev has a good chin and decent stamina, perhaps he can move up a level to. Kovalev has breezed through his opponents so far. Like other have said his footwork appears quite excellent when he turns on one of his combination punching attacks. He also appears to move backwards away from punches well. The consistent theme with his fights that I have noticed is that he punches in bunches, he looks inaccurate at first, then you notice that all the punches seem to be doing damage despite not landing flush. He seems to be able to catch opponents with ease. He has a good straight punch when he throws it, the right hand, if it lands flush has him scoring some sensational knockdowns, highlight reel shots. Cleverly will be a hard fight for him, harder than the rest, he may need to go into the trenches. My doubt is how Cleverly handles the power and style of Kovalev. Just look at the faces of Kovalev opponents after a round or two, they don't want to know.

Last edited by UndisputedUK; 06-25-2013 at 02:21 PM.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #113
The Bane
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Cleverly will beat Kovalev, mark my words.
The Bane is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #114
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5005

Very much looking forward to this fight. The winner can make a legit claim to being the best in the division.
des3995 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #115
Koba
Master Baiter
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndisputedUK View Post
If Kovalev has a good chin and decent stamina, perhaps he can move up a level to. Kovalev has breezed through his opponents so far. Like other have said his footwork appears quite excellent when he turns on one of his combination punching attacks. He also appears to move backwards away from punches well. The consistent theme with his fights that I have noticed is that he punches in bunches, he looks inaccurate at first, then you notice that all the punches seem to be doing damage despite not landing flush. He seems to be able to catch opponents with ease. He has a good straight punch when he throws it, the right hand, if it lands flush has him scoring some sensational knockdowns, highlight reel shots. Cleverly will be a hard fight for him, harder than the rest, he may need to go into the trenches. My doubt is how Cleverly handles the power and style of Kovalev. Just look at the faces of Kovalev opponents after a round or two, they don't want to know.
It's kinda the latter bit I'd like to focus on, but yeah, Kovalev ain't just a KO puncher, he can box as well. Watch his feet, he's got spring and good movement - backing out well under the guard. His skills are all there, befitting a real quality amateur.

It's Kovalevs power and ability to string those power combinations together that make him truly stand out. Most of the time, a fighter would be very happy to get three or four decent power punches in a round - y'know, not compubox 'power punches' - but the sort that that visibly hurt their opponent, shake them.

Kovalev appears to have a kinda power that makes guys forget game plans. He hits with the sort of single punch power that can really rock an opponent, but that in combination become almost irresistable.

And Kovalev does throw them in combos , and not slowly, or ponderously, but as fluid as if he's working on the bags. Clevs got some decent handspeed and can be fluid in his combos, but his power is on a level entirely below Kovalevs. Let's just see, shall we, but if Cleverly can fight back under the rain of terror that will assault him on August 17th he will truly have earned his stripes.

Last edited by Koba; 06-25-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Koba is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #116
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bane View Post
Old 08-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #117
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1500

Bailey is a special kind of troll...
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #118
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #119
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
general zod is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #120
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
general zod is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum