Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 25000
Default Amazing, Admirable, Inspiring Bernard Hopkins Speech!

Not sure if the press conference has been posted, but I just saw the whole thing now and really enjoyed what Hopkins had to say. This was indeed emotional and very powerful. Always a joy to hear B-Hop talk. It starts around 36:40

Really looking forward to the schooling.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684
Default Re: Amazing, Admirable, Bernard Hopkins Speech!

Bernard a G
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

lmao. Gotta love his long winded speeches.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

B-Hop's one of a kind.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Man I didn't give two shits about this fight until now. BHop is so damn wise. Get em Hop
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571

that was great

"You sound like the warden that told me he'll see me back"
"I never was the favorite in anything in my life"
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

That was epic.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Bernard Hopkins- The only man to successfully beat Father Time and look good doing it

Foreman was alright but no one is like Hopkins

Respect.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

the most alpha specimen in all of boxing
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
jazza
Contender
ESB Senior Member

fan for life
jazza is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #11
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

“And I love that style. He ain’t runnin, he’s coming straight for me. Who’s gonna run from a 48 year old man? He ain’t runnin from me! He’s coming to fight. So I got to dig in my bag, all filled up from fighters back in the day. I got to study, I got to get on my game, take the young boy Old School, be the professor I am, and let him know his ABC’s. And when it’s all said and done, there’s two things that could happen before I close. And I got a track record that says that. And I’m not saying he’s anybody I fought. And I’m not saying he’s better either. I don’t know yet. Afterwards I can tell you. But one thing I have a track record on, and we have an HBO executive right here that can confirm that, is that the late 20’s or early 20 year old guys’ careers haven’t been the same ever since.”

BORKEDBORKED

WAR BHOP!!
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #12
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Lol...man **** Hopkins, I think it's funny how people forget how big a piece of shit this cat is. He always talks about this shit but will be the first one in the ring trying to steal from his opponent, disrespect his opponent, disrespect the sport, and **** ever the fans. I'm not even gonna list all his bullshit antics and chicken shit tactics. He was a great champion at one time, sure HOFer, and respect for being able to compete as a old man...but he can save his lectures and motivational speeches.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 AM   #13
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Lol...man **** Hopkins, I think it's funny how people forget how big a piece of shit this cat is. He always talks about this shit but will be the first one in the ring trying to steal from his opponent, disrespect his opponent, disrespect the sport, and **** ever the fans. I'm not even gonna list all his bullshit antics and chicken shit tactics. He was a great champion at one time, sure HOFer, and respect for being able to compete as a old man...but he can save his lectures and motivational speeches.
I think that's an exaggeration. I feel people that want to hate on Hopkins are gonna hate on Hopkins, I really don't see how he disrespects the sport or his opponent. The man paused with Chad Dawson's kid after taking the loss. That speaks volumes given the animosity leading up to it.

Sure he can be dirty, but if you don't like watching it nobody's forcing you to. His legacy is a treasure in boxing history.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #14
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
ďAnd I love that style. He ainít runnin, heís coming straight for me. Whoís gonna run from a 48 year old man? He ainít runnin from me! Heís coming to fight. So I got to dig in my bag, all filled up from fighters back in the day. I got to study, I got to get on my game, take the young boy Old School, be the professor I am, and let him know his ABCís. And when itís all said and done, thereís two things that could happen before I close. And I got a track record that says that. And Iím not saying heís anybody I fought. And Iím not saying heís better either. I donít know yet. Afterwards I can tell you. But one thing I have a track record on, and we have an HBO executive right here that can confirm that, is that the late 20ís or early 20 year old guysí careers havenít been the same ever since.Ē

BORKEDBORKED

WAR BHOP!!
"Take him to school...study"...anybody want to put a hundred on what Hopkins is gonna do? The same shit he always does, like he has some diversity in his game now...FFS, dude you're lunge in head first, probably miss the punch, immediately start grabbing, get the break, move away while occasionally feinting, until you muster the balls to rinse and repeat. Beyond that he's gonna also try to get his opponent undeservedly DQ'd, penalized for fouls not committed, while he fouls as much as possible. When he losses he's gonna act like a spoiled bitch and as opposed to giving Cloud credit, will complain about being cheated by "the man", because the man didnt reward him trying to cheat his opponent.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #15
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I think that's an exaggeration. I feel people that want to hate on Hopkins are gonna hate on Hopkins, I really don't see how he disrespects the sport or his opponent. The man paused with Chad Dawson's kid after taking the loss. That speaks volumes given the animosity leading up to it.

Sure he can be dirty, but if you don't like watching it nobody's forcing you to. His legacy is a treasure in boxing history.
Dude I know who and what Hopkins is/was, I give him credit for being a masterful champion. It doesn't excuse his actions, if you want to gloss over these things, you're entitled. My point is he's a selfish disrespectful dickhead who used to be a great fighter.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum