Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #46
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

• Roy Jones Jr. and Richard Hall both tested positive for the testosterone precursor androstenedione after Jones defeated Hall to retain his undisputed world light heavyweight championship in Indianapolis in 2000. Jones insisted his test was the result of ingesting the supplement Ripped Fuel.

again, andro was available over-the-counter during this time and it's been reported over and over again that this is what both hall and jones tested positive for. i've seen so many stories made up about this on this site. my all-time favorite is headbanger and a couple others saying that jones was busted by a drug testing pilot program in 2001. the problem is that the jones-hall fight was in 2000. ****ing hilarious.

you're claiming that there was no real protocol for a failed test is crap as well. botha, tyson and whitaker all tested positive before this fight took place and all had wins changed to no contests. again, more made up shit.

for those saying that jones was on the juice during the ruiz fight, he was tested after the fight and came back clean. the same test that busted toney two years later vs ruiz. jones worked with mackie shilstone for that fight. one of the most respected trainers in the business. saying jones was dirty for that fight is saying that shilstone is dirty and i'm sure mackie would have a problem with that.

here are the facts:
-did jones test positive for anabolic steroids after the hall fight? yes

-what "anabolic" substance did he test positive for? it was reported by a number of sites that it was andro.

-was andro available over-the-counter during this time? yes, it was available and was also in supplements until 2004.

the main thing that the jones haters miss on this story is that he is not well liked by the boxing media here in the states. if there were more to this story, it would have blown up a long time ago. this issue is basically just dealt with here on these boards where people can post anonymously and claim anything without having to back it up with facts.

another fact is that joe calzaghe admitted to doing an illegal drug in cocaine. so if you were ever being searched by police, would you rather have a legal over-the-counter supplement in your pocket like jones, or would you rather have a bag of coke in your pocket like calzaghe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by H . View Post
end thread

So you buy the line that he took an illegal, over the counter supplement that was circulated by his own team. Cool. I mean its not like every single fighter who ever fails a drug test comes out with some bullshit like this to mitigate their cheating. I'm sure you believe that Lamont Peterson genuinely forgot he had those testosterone pellets in his ass. I'm also sure that you'd be just as willing to accept it if Pacquiao failed a test in his next fight and then claimed that he too had only taken an over the counter supplement.

I'm not sure what one fighter failing a test two years later has to do with Jones being clean. Unless you're of the belief that every fighter who has ever cheated in boxing has failed a drug test? And unless you know better than the leading PED experts who believe that beating all year round testing is easy, let alone boxing's awful testing?

The bottom line is Jones failed a test, his team (as is the norm when people fail tests) circulated some shit about taking a legal over the counter supplement and his naive fan boys still lap up this warm, steamy bullshit to this day.

Also, I'm not sure what Joe Calzaghe has to do with this considering I never mentioned him. But to answer your question, I would rather get busted for having a small amount of a recreational drug in my pocket (that the consumption of which isn't harming anyone but myself) in my retirement than to fail a drug test for steroids to make me stronger and faster to compete in an already potentially deadly sport, and then pay an attorney to release a lie to excuse it. But each to their own I guess.

Last edited by shaunster101; 01-07-2013 at 09:33 PM.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #47
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

This is an interview with Indiana's commissioner of boxing explaining the issue. He even makes it clear that the whole 'ripped fuel' story the was reported in the media (such as the link you posted above) came from Jones' attorney, but I guess you guys know more than him.

To be honest, I don't even expect you guys to even read the interview below. I'm pretty sure you'll just carry on burying your head in the sand and accepting the story put out by Jones' attorney (which is the exact same story used by countless other athletes who get caught red handed, accusing people of being a 'Jones h8er' for talking about this, or trying to deflect the conversation onto other fighters who have nothing to do with this.


Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Flashback: When Roy Jones Tested Positive


Manny Pacquiao has only been suspected of using steroids – and the media has blown it so far out of proportion, some wonder if the baseless charges could actually be true. Back in 2000, Roy Jones really did test positive and admitted to using steroids, however the mainstream sports media barely touched that red-hot story, for mysterious reasons.

The Jones situation only came to light after his 2000 Indianapolis opponent Richard Hall inadvertantly revealed the fact in a 2003 interview with Braggingrightscorner.com’s Alladin Freeman. I picked up on the story, contacted Indiana State commissioner Jacob Hall, who unequivocally stated Jones did indeed test positive, but the blockbuster story never really broke big like you might have expected, compared to the Roger Clemens, Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Ben Johnson, Shane Mosley and Marion Jones controversies.

Here’s the original story which was posted at BoxingInsider.com in 2003. Note the double standard in how the media has avalanched on the Pacquiao-Mayweather war of words, yet virtually ignored the fact of Jones testing positive. (Don’t believe it? Google search Roy Jones and Steroids and see what you find.)

Roy Jones Did Test Positive, Steroids

By Scoop Malinowski (Story was originally posted in 2003.)

Richard Hall’s astonishing claims – that Roy Jones, possibly the greatest fighter in ring history – tested positive for steroids after their May 2000 fight, have now been confirmed today by Jacob Hall, the Commissioner of Indiana Boxing.

Here is our exclusive interview.

Boxinginsider.com:
Did Roy Jones test positive after his fight against Richard Hall?

Jacob Hall: “Both of them did. Roy Jones tested positive for steroids. He was five or six times over an acceptable level. Hall was about ten times above an acceptable level. He didn’t mention that in his interview (the now infamous interview of July 18 with Bragging Rights Corner and Doghouse Boxing).

A letter was sent to both (Jones and Hall). The Indiana Boxing Commission followed up – I talked to Jones’ people and said we were going to declare the fight a no-contest, suspend and fine him. And at that time, Jones’ attorney Fred Levin and the Indiana Attorney General’s office got involved.

Indiana has no law on drug testing as probably the majority of the states in the U.S. do not. The drug testing company sent us the results. Most states that don’t have drug testing laws, the test results go back to the sanctioning bodies. I think most people are surprised at that. What do the sanctioning bodies do when they get positive test results? Suspend? Fine? They didn’t in this case. And there’s no way you’re going to know about it.

Through his attorney, Jones admitted he had been taking an over-the-counter product called Ripped Fuel. That’s not illegal but it is an anabolic steroid according to the IBF and other other sanctioning bodies.

So he did test positive. He did take Ripped Fuel.

Whether that’s what he took or not we don’t know, but he did test positive and admitted to taking a steroid.

The IBF chose to do nothing. They wanted a second test to be done. But why take a second test when he failed the first one and admitted to taking a steroid? That’s where it ended.

No action was taken. Nobody did anything.

We couldn’t take action (because there is no drug testing law in the state of Indiana) but what we agreed to was before his next two fights, Roy Jones would submit the results to more drug tests to Indiana. One fight was in Louisiana and those results were negative. And the other was in California, and those results were negative.

What surprised me about this is that the IBF chose not to do anything. And I have documents…what I’m saying, I can back-up. So I’m not concerned with that.

Roy Jones’ people were very cooperative and very easy to work with to reach a settlement. Also, I did tell Roy Jones that there are some amateur boxing clubs here in Indiana and he did send a check in the amount of $250 for the Indianapolis PAL.”

Boxinginsider.com:
How many people have called you since the Richard Hall interview?

Jacob Hall: “Brad Jacobs, now an advisor for Jones, and a reporter from some paper in France, and that was it. Brad Jacobs called to verify if the facts were true about Roy failing the test. He wasn’t involved with Roy Jones back in 2000. He just wanted to know what the facts were, like you.”

Boxinginsider.com: Wow, that’s hard to believe – that only one media outlet from France has called you about this.

Jacob Hall: “All I saw on any of the websites was that Murad Muhammad said Roy Jones tested positive for take some (nasal decongestant). But that was innaccurate. This was not a nasal decongestant.”

Boxinginsider.com: Does the state of Nevada have a law on drug testing?

Jacob Hall:
“Yes. Most states do not. Nevada does have drug testing. I think most people are surprised at that…they think all boxers are tested. For some time I’ve tried to get a law passed similar to Nevada but we haven’t got that done yet. If the sanctioning bodies choose not to take action, there isn’t a lot the state commissions can do. That’s why I’m in favor of a Federal Commission like the one Senator John McCain is proposing
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #48
BobTheBuilder
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK (from CUBA orginally)
Posts: 1,331
vCash: 630
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

In a related note- does anyone know why Peterson's win over Khan hasn't been set as an NC yet??
BobTheBuilder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #49
kmac
On permanent vacation
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 683
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
So you buy the line that he took an illegal, over the counter supplement that was circulated by his own team. Cool. I mean its not like every single fighter who ever fails a drug test comes out with some bullshit like this to mitigate their cheating. I'm sure you believe that Lamont Peterson genuinely forgot he had those testosterone pellets in his ass. I'm also sure that you'd be just as willing to accept it if Pacquiao failed a test in his next fight and then claimed that he too had only taken an over the counter supplement.

I'm not sure what one fighter failing a test two years later has to do with Jones being clean. Unless you're of the belief that every fighter who has ever cheated in boxing has failed a drug test? And unless you know better than the leading PED experts who believe that beating all year round testing is easy, let alone boxing's awful testing?

The bottom line is Jones failed a test, his team (as is the norm when people fail tests) circulated some shit about taking a legal over the counter supplement and his naive fan boys still lap up this warm, steamy bullshit to this day.

Also, I'm not sure what Joe Calzaghe has to do with this considering I never mentioned him. But to answer your question, I would rather get busted for having a small amount of a recreational drug in my pocket (that the consumption of which isn't harming anyone but myself) in my retirement than to fail a drug test for steroids to make me stronger and faster to compete in an already potentially deadly sport, and then pay an attorney to release a lie to excuse it. But each to their own I guess.
yes, i've read the interview and it's been posted plenty of times on these boards. it doesn't change any of the facts i listed before. jones' people did say that the positive test was from ripped fuel but no one ever mentioned andro. that was reported by espn, boxing monthly and a few other sites. again, the jones accusers on this site refused to acknowledge the reports of andro because it was legal to buy at that time.

the calzaghe reference was nothing more than a shot at his fans. you had to change my question to come up with the answer you wanted. typical.
kmac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #50
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
yes, i've read the interview and it's been posted plenty of times on these boards. it doesn't change any of the facts i listed before. jones' people did say that the positive test was from ripped fuel but no one ever mentioned andro. that was reported by espn, boxing monthly and a few other sites. again, the jones accusers on this site refused to acknowledge the reports of andro because it was legal to buy at that time.

the calzaghe reference was nothing more than a shot at his fans. you had to change my question to come up with the answer you wanted. typical.
Jones's attorney said he took ripped fuel, who also make andro which must have contaminated it. You're just recycling his attorney's story. If you believe that, fine. But I assume you'll also believe every single person who fails a test and then releases some bullshit story after.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #51
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,403
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
Should his wins be erased ?
seriously are people like you that dumb? what are you going to take away 25 years of career fights when he never tested positive once? based on speculation and accusations? this society has turned into a bunch of crying little girls who cry about everything being unfair. oh boo ****ing hoo
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #52
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
when he never tested positive once?
What the actual f are you talking about?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #53
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,403
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
What the actual f are you talking about?
the idiot thread starter asking to remove over 50 wins because he assumed jones has been doping since he was in high school. you having trouble figuring that out?
what test did he fail?
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #54
kmac
On permanent vacation
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 683
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Jones's attorney said he took ripped fuel, who also make andro which must have contaminated it. You're just recycling his attorney's story. If you believe that, fine. But I assume you'll also believe every single person who fails a test and then releases some bullshit story after.
bullshit again. jones' attorney never said anything about andro. i'm not recycling anything. i'm just going by what was reported. facts are tough to come by for you.

if jones were british and white i'm sure your argument would change.
kmac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #55
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
bullshit again. jones' attorney never said anything about andro. i'm not recycling anything. i'm just going by what was reported. facts are tough to come by for you.
Yep, and the facts are he failed a drug test for steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
if jones were british and white i'm sure your argument would change.
Oh, **** off you imbecile. How old are you? Trying to insinuate I'm nationalistic and racist because I don't like drug cheats. Playing the race card, the last refuge of the desperate fanboy.

Idiot.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #56
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
what test did he fail?
You mean apart from the drug test after the Hall fight?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #57
H .
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 218
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

yet, if Jones was british, it would be a different story here
H . is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #58
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

So what you're saying is that if Roy Jones Jr was British I would join you guys in believing his excuse for cheating? Any evidence of something I've said on here regarding doping that you can back this up with?

Pretty sad state of affairs for the sport when you can't talk about a fighter failing a drugs test without some insecure person accusing you of being motivated by nationality.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #59
kmac
On permanent vacation
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 683
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by H . View Post
yet, if Jones was british, it would be a different story here
my point exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Yep, and the facts are he failed a drug test for steroids.


Oh, **** off you imbecile. How old are you? Trying to insinuate I'm nationalistic and racist because I don't like drug cheats. Playing the race card, the last refuge of the desperate fanboy.

Idiot.
that's one fact, not all the facts. sorry for upsetting you. i'm sure you're a nice guy. just understand you got took to school on this topic.
kmac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #60
kmac
On permanent vacation
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 683
Default Re: Jones was on the Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
So what you're saying is that if Roy Jones Jr was British I would join you guys in believing his excuse for cheating? Any evidence of something I've said on here regarding doping that you can back this up with?

Pretty sad state of affairs for the sport when you can't talk about a fighter failing a drugs test without some insecure person accusing you of being motivated by nationality.
it's because you choose not to recognize certain facts. you just pick the ones you like. jones reportedly taking andro (which is considered an anabolic steroid, see wada) doesn't fit your view.

btw, why would espn report that hall also tested positive for andro? he never gave any reason why he must have tested positive. common sense would say that espn had confirmation on what the substance was. but hey, common sense on here....
kmac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013