Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Could a fully focussed Inkin beat Froch?
Yes...despite the questions hanging over his chin. 4 33.33%
No...his chin-issues means he will get KOed, no matter how perfectly he fights 4 33.33%
It depends how big his chin problems are 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2008, 06:29 AM   #16
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can a fully focussed Inkin with a less than very good chin beat Froch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
What do you think of Froch's chin? He's been wobbled a few times, I'm not trying to suggest he's "chinny" but I've always felt he could be stopped by the right opponent.
Froch has a very good to excellent chin. He would only be stopped by someone like Kessler, for example, due to Froch's lack of defence...but not because he's chinny. Kessler wouldn't be able to stop fighters with a poorer chin than Froch, but with a better defence.
Decebal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 06:33 AM   #17
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: Can a fully focussed Inkin with a less than very good chin beat Froch?

Some fighters are built for others and I do believe Froch would get to Inkin at some point and get the win.

It would be nice to see him get a world title but I do think for certain Kessler's jab would destroy him, Mundine would drive him crazy and Bute vs Froch would be great but Bute seems to have the edge.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #18
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Come on Brits!

This is pretty much for the WBC title - a proper fight too! What's wrong with you? Why not talk this fight up?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #19
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Some fighters are built for others and I do believe Froch would get to Inkin at some point and get the win.

It would be nice to see him get a world title but I do think for certain Kessler's jab would destroy him, Mundine would drive him crazy and Bute vs Froch would be great but Bute seems to have the edge.
Getting a world title is a very great deal for any fighter, no matter how talented! Froch will have done very well to get a world title!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #20
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Come on Brits!

This is pretty much for the WBC title - a proper fight too! What's wrong with you? Why not talk this fight up?
I'll be interested to see the fight but I won't be too bothered about the outcome. If Froch wins his dellusions of grandeur will only worsen which will be all the more nauseating for the rest of us.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 AM   #21
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
I'll be interested to see the fight but I won't be too bothered about the outcome. If Froch wins his dellusions of grandeur will only worsen which will be all the more nauseating for the rest of us.
I want Froch to win because I hope he'll agree to fight Bute if he does!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #22
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Inkin > Magee
yes, though its something that cant really be judged fully yet. inkin is in a similar position to magee was after his first 20 or so fights(both were excellent amateurs), before his chin was truely exposed by reid.

froch could potentially expose inkin in the same way.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #23
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Inkin although untested so far imo is much better than Magee, has a better workrate and can hit harder imo.

Inking can b eat Froch, nobody really knows how good either are, both have fought on a simlar level and this is probably the first realt test on any kind of world stage. If I had to bet my last pound it owuld be on Froch, but Carl does have faults which real world class super middles could expos, if inkin has it in him to expose those faults we will just have to wait and see.
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #24
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
Inkin although untested so far imo is much better than Magee, has a better workrate and can hit harder imo.

Inking can b eat Froch, nobody really knows how good either are, both have fought on a simlar level and this is probably the first realt test on any kind of world stage. If I had to bet my last pound it owuld be on Froch, but Carl does have faults which real world class super middles could expos, if inkin has it in him to expose those faults we will just have to wait and see.

True it could go either way really but the little I have seen of Inkin suggests he is a very good boxer but not scarey good and he could maybe be more in danger of a guy like Froch than Froch would be of him.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:49 AM   #25
SeasideSlugger
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

If he's chinny in the slightest Froch will find it IMO. Froch is very clever with his punches and the variety he throws means something will land, and he can't half bang.

The last thing those of a wobbly chin want to do is go in with Froch.

Calzaghe's got a good chin and would school Froch imo. Froch would land on Joe but Joe would still be there which is the difference.
SeasideSlugger is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #26
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasideSlugger
If he's chinny in the slightest Froch will find it IMO. Froch is very clever with his punches and the variety he throws means something will land, and he can't half bang.

The last thing those of a wobbly chin want to do is go in with Froch.

Calzaghe's got a good chin and would school Froch imo. Froch would land on Joe but Joe would still be there which is the difference.
I think you're right...Inkin, superior boxer, though he is, doesn't seem to have the footwork, handspeed and concentration required to enforce the strategy that, given Froch's deficiencies, would make Inkin the victor, despire any chin issues. Or does he? If he has the concentration...and a lot of luck...it might be enough!

Last edited by Decebal; 02-12-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #27
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-13-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #28
Maxime
Sweet Science
ESB Addict

vCash: 171

Froch has good skills and he could beat Inkin if he actually shows up to fight. But unfortunately he is like the British version of Jean pascal. He is nonchalant and very inactive in the ring. He likes to show boat and basically only fights 30s in the round. When he actually trows punches he looks pretty good. If he can do that and be focused for 3 minutes of every rounds. He should win. But can he do that? He's never done it before. Can he change now?
Maxime is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum