Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 823
Default Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

What does JMM have to do to win? I seen a lot of people here and by the looks of things people say Haye will knock him out. What does Mormeck have to do in order to beat Haye? Does Mormeck have a good chance, slim chance, or basically no chance at all v Haye? Haye has a great punch....he destroyed my man Bonin. Left him on the canvas 3 times in round 1. I knew Haye would win... but not that early.... It shows that he is really the real deal in Future Boxing. Anyways...could Jean Marc Mormeck beat Haye?
andyZOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 823
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

andyZOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 576
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Mormeck's best bet would be a combination of staying outside of Haye's reach except when he's attacking. When he attacks, he should use head movement and rush in, aiming at the body. Haye is not a great clincher, so Mormeck should look to keep the action in close as often as possible. When he isn't in close, he needs to be AWAY from Haye in order to stay out of Haye's power range.

Haye has become a bit of a counter-puncher. He doesn't force the action much. Mormeck should try to be the better ring general, like he was in the second Bell fight. In the middle rounds, he should try to reap the harvest of his body work and just go all out the moment Haye goes to sleep for a second.

Haye, on the other hand, should try to box off of his jab, paying attention to his defense, and only fire when he's attacked. He has more options, in that I think he could both out-point Mormeck or knock him out. If he hurts Mormeck with a counter before the 6th round, he should really look to take advantage. I think Haye could stop Mormeck in the early, but if he goes into the second half of the fight he should concentrate on picking up rounds and getting a decision.

I don't think either man will be able to knock the other out in the later rounds, so this fight will be more or less decided in the first 10 rounds. Whoever has the edge on points going into the 11th will win... If it goes that far. I would expect either Haye to TKO Mormeck in the early rounds or Mormeck to TKO Haye in the middle roumds.

I'm very excited about this fight, because these are two of my favourite boxers today. I'll be rooting for Haye, but I've been following Mormeck for ages now... I'm predicting a FOTY candidate.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 823
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Great, great post. Good info that I was looking for. Im also looking forward to this fight... Ever since Adamek came to this new division....ive been watching more and more of it. Seen most of them fight already..

I am really looking forward to this fight.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 576
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr
Great, great post. Good info that I was looking for. Im also looking forward to this fight... Ever since Adamek came to this new division....ive been watching more and more of it. Seen most of them fight already..

I am really looking forward to this fight.
Cruiserweight is the new heavyweight. Currently, I'd say it's way more exciting, with more exciting fighters and bigger fights being made. Haye, Mormeck, Bell and Wilson are a ridiculously strong top 4. Perhaps not the best top 4 in all the divisions, but by far the most exciting. All could beat each other; all have massive KO power and huge hearts.

Adamek settling at cruiserweight shows how much credibility it's acquiring.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 770
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Mormeck must make Haye hell and don't get hit too much for about 8 rounds and survive the last 4 round due to his weak stamina - a lot of clinching would be good . Then he waits for decision . But it will be very difficult to do this during the night. Anyway I hope they show good brawl.
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 823
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
Cruiserweight is the new heavyweight. Currently, I'd say it's way more exciting, with more exciting fighters and bigger fights being made. Haye, Mormeck, Bell and Wilson are a ridiculously strong top 4. Perhaps not the best top 4 in all the divisions, but by far the most exciting. All could beat each other; all have massive KO power and huge hearts.

Adamek settling at cruiserweight shows how much credibility it's acquiring.
Yea... Im starting to like more and more of Cruiserweight. I think I will be rooting for Mormeck to beat Haye tho. It will be a great fight. I cant ****ing wait.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
chewy 22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 169
vCash: 1000
Arrow Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Haye. Mormecks chin is over rated.
chewy 22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
Cookie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 255
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

I think this could be the next big victory for a British fighter. Mormeck seems to tire quite easily in fights. He's a tough guy and will often motor on. But he does look spent. If he does that against Haye he's going to get ****ing starched.
Cookie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 823
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Thx all for this research. Im sticking to Mormeck for the win.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #11
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

It's all over for Mormeck. Haye is going to go through him as he walks up to heavyweight. Haye is going to put that jab on him and as soon as a punch finds a home Mormecks senses are going to betray him. He is going to have an outter body experience. It will consist of his soul leaving his body, looking back at his body and thinking 'stop ****ing doing the harlem shake in Paris'!

JMM is getting knocked the **** out!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #12
chewy 22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 169
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

i agree. You need a better defence than Mormecks to stop Hayes attack.
chewy 22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #13
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Very difficult to make a prediction. I am surprised so many guys say "Haye by KO" without a doubt.
Haye knows how to hype himseld, he says many things but I don't think he is so confident. Even if he has improved fighting Mormeck is France is not fighting Fragomeni in the UK. Haye never defeated a top 10 at cruiser and he was stopped by the only top 15 he fought. He is better than his record tells but it's a fact he never fought the elite boxers of his division.
Haye will have to take some punishment. It's unlikely Mormeck crumbles after one punch : watch how many shots Bell needed to floor Mormeck who had been exhausted after 6 round... Bell can also KO a guy with one punch.
Mormeck is past it but he has still a few good rounds in the tank and his skills are underrated. If you really think he is not skilled enough to land a few shots on Haye watch how he managed to cut the ring to tag tall technicians with proven skills like Virgil Hill who has a great jab and footwork, Brown or Braithwaite. He is no Brudov or Bell who were schooled and counterpunched by Hill or Brown. Mormeck has sparred with the best (Jones, Hall, Mayfield...), he has been trained by the best (Germain, Giachetti) and he has fought the best boxers of his division who had very different kind of styles.
Haye is young , confident, he hits hard and he has a good chance but Mormeck is by far his biggest test in career. There are still questions about Haye : were Mock and Thompson accidents ? Is he powerful enough to keek Mormeck at bay ? Saying Mormeck is a warm up before a move at HW is great but he will have to prove that in the ring. Mormeck won't come to lose, Giachetti will prepare a match plan and Haye will have to prove his heart if he wants the win.
Another thing : Haye probably wants to build his confidence but talking trash is stupid with Mormeck. It won't impress the experienced guy and it could even give him the killing instinct he lacks. Mormeck won't talk trash. He is not naturally a killer but he had said what Braithwaite had told about him had helped him to find the aggressivity in the ring.
Fitir is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #14
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ingerlund
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

I like Mormeck but he won't be able to take Haye's punches and he will be hit. The more important question is, can Haye take Mormeck's?
MancMexican is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 484
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jean Marc Mormeck v David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Very difficult to make a prediction. I am surprised so many guys say "Haye by KO" without a doubt.
Haye knows how to hype himseld, he says many things but I don't think he is so confident. Even if he has improved fighting Mormeck is France is not fighting Fragomeni in the UK. Haye never defeated a top 10 at cruiser and he was stopped by the only top 15 he fought. He is better than his record tells but it's a fact he never fought the elite boxers of his division.
Haye will have to take some punishment. It's unlikely Mormeck crumbles after one punch : watch how many shots Bell needed to floor Mormeck who had been exhausted after 6 round... Bell can also KO a guy with one punch.
Mormeck is past it but he has still a few good rounds in the tank and his skills are underrated. If you really think he is not skilled enough to land a few shots on Haye watch how he managed to cut the ring to tag tall technicians with proven skills like Virgil Hill who has a great jab and footwork, Brown or Braithwaite. He is no Brudov or Bell who were schooled and counterpunched by Hill or Brown. Mormeck has sparred with the best (Jones, Hall, Mayfield...), he has been trained by the best (Germain, Giachetti) and he has fought the best boxers of his division who had very different kind of styles.
Haye is young , confident, he hits hard and he has a good chance but Mormeck is by far his biggest test in career. There are still questions about Haye : were Mock and Thompson accidents ? Is he powerful enough to keek Mormeck at bay ? Saying Mormeck is a warm up before a move at HW is great but he will have to prove that in the ring. Mormeck won't come to lose, Giachetti will prepare a match plan and Haye will have to prove his heart if he wants the win.
Another thing : Haye probably wants to build his confidence but talking trash is stupid with Mormeck. It won't impress the experienced guy and it could even give him the killing instinct he lacks. Mormeck won't talk trash. He is not naturally a killer but he had said what Braithwaite had told about him had helped him to find the aggressivity in the ring.

Ding is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013